News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gingersnap2

gingersnap2 Profile Photo
Member Name: gingersnap2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 1 2024, 01:21:05 PM

They did throw a (stuffed) Toto into Megan's hands for that last button. I loved that. smiley

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 8 2022, 02:48:34 PM

It seems like Chris Jones was overly kind to Paradise Square in order to keep out-of-town tryouts coming the Chicago... just so he could offer his "sage wisdom" in the form of a "review" on shows like this. I don't necessarily disagree with his points, but blatantly giving prescriptive orders isn't what most audiences want in a review. Once again, he's coming off as someone who thinks he's the one true savior in all of theatre.

Sorry, he just drives

PARADISE SQUARE Chicago Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews
 Nov 8 2021, 03:08:07 PM

I'm late to post (don't lurk around here often these days), but I saw the first preview. Overall, I would agree that it's "a mess," but hopefully not unsalvageable. Some of the songs have potential, including "Let it Burn" and, surprisingly to me, the duet between Nelly and Annie in Act 2. Maybe it was called "Someone to Love?" It was sweet and simple, but really effective. This might have been because it was one of the few numbers that actually allow

Which show after SPRING AWAKENING and RENT?
 Mar 13 2020, 02:46:58 AM

PASSING STRANGE does partially take place in Amsterdam...

But I would also recommend listening to the Original Off Broadway Recording of BatBoy (London Recording is very cartoonish). 

Seating at Sacramento Community Center Theater
 Feb 23 2019, 02:35:57 AM

Are you in C? Or "OC?" OC is, indeed, because they fill in the orchestra pit with 3 extra rows. Subscribers aren't in those rows, so availability can be open. It is quite close, but many people love it. It's a large venue, where tiers 1 and 2 (mezz and balcony) are quite far back (overhang begins at orchestra row W), so I recommend sitting in orchestra if there are seats closer than row W. If row W or further back, go for Grand Tier. 2nd tier is... not my favo

New Musical Idea
 May 14 2018, 02:44:20 AM

I'm surprised this hasn't been done. I even tried a quick google search and found nothing. I wonder if it's not available to be optioned? 

What is the show
 May 14 2018, 02:21:46 AM

A Chorus Line gets my guess. great ensemble show, kind of serious, won Best Musical.

Or maybe Nine?

THE MOIST HAPPY FELA! at Encores!
 Apr 2 2014, 11:22:45 AM
Thanks, neon. I may check that out. I'm definitely going to want to HEAR it more than see it. 38-piece orchestra!
THE MOIST HAPPY FELA! at Encores!
 Apr 2 2014, 10:55:45 AM
I'm considering going, but not sure I can afford it. I couldn't find any discounts online - does anyone know of any?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You