News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Samara.tanner

Member Name: Samara.tanner
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kennedy Center In The Heights - extra tickets?
 Mar 7 2018, 08:06:41 PM
is anybody interested in selling 2 tickets to In The Heights at the Kennedy Center? It is sold out online but my daughter has been begging to go and I told her I would look in to it.
Sending goodies to actors
 Dec 11 2017, 09:53:44 PM

Most charitable way of reading this... I was friends with a girl in high school and I'm so happy that she's made it to Broadway. We don't talk on the phone every day but I still want to congratulate her on her success and send her a little care package. I don't expect anything from her. I just want her to know that I'm proud of her as an old friend. We haven't spoken much since high school. It's not like I'm going to send her beanie babies or gel pens

Sending goodies to actors
 Dec 10 2017, 01:02:33 AM
Not looking for anybody to be rude; I just wanted to send a package of fun things to an actress I know. we went to high school together! What would you recommend sending? her favorite candy? what else?
Seymour + Audrey 2 Halloween Costume
 Oct 15 2017, 08:47:03 PM

Any suggestions on how to make an Audrey 2 prop? I’m not the crafty type and have no idea where to begin.

Please help me write fanmail!!
 Oct 14 2017, 06:28:55 PM

Hi!! I would like to write a letter to Hailey Kilgore, who, if you don’t know, will be making her bway debut as Ti Moune in OOTI next month. I have severe anxiety and this will be my first time writing fanmail, and i have absolutely no idea how to start, or what to write. If you could give me any tips, I would be so grateful. Thanks! 

Broadway Halloween costumes??
 Oct 7 2017, 08:06:23 PM

LuminousBeing said: "What do you look like and what's your age range? It's hard to recommend costumes if we don't know if you wear dresses, are a teenager, etc."

For a teenager with brown hair! 

Broadway Halloween costumes??
 Oct 7 2017, 04:07:41 PM

Any suggestions??

Cheap ways to get tickets for unpopular shows
 Oct 7 2017, 04:06:54 PM

Could someone explain how TKTS works? As I said, I’ve never been to NY, and I’m not a member of TDF.

Cheap ways to get tickets for unpopular shows
 Oct 4 2017, 09:43:45 PM

Hi! I am going to NYC for the first time ever (!!!) with my mom the first weekend of December. We have decided to see Once on This Island and Miss Saigon, as those are the two shows that interest us the most. I was looking on Telecharge, and good seats for Saigon are $175 each, and for OOTI they are about $159 each. There is no way we can afford to spend that much as we are looking to spend as little as possible on this trip (including hotels). How would you recommend getting tickets for our

Sierra Boggess in Royal Albert Hall Phantom
 Sep 7 2017, 09:00:07 PM

Dave28282 said: "What disturbs me more is her warbling above the note at many occasions. It's not as bad as Ramin Karimloo, who composed his own melodies, but still annoying."

It's what's known as vibrato. ??

Leslie Odom Jr and Cynthia Erick Concerts at the Kennedy Center - Does anyone have extra tickets for sale?
 Sep 7 2017, 05:42:53 PM

I already checked, and they only seem to have that one seat available. 

Leslie Odom Jr and Cynthia Erick Concerts at the Kennedy Center - Does anyone have extra tickets for sale?
 Sep 7 2017, 02:47:23 PM

Hi! I am looking for 2 face value tickets to both Cynthia's and Leslie's concert - any date. They are sold out on the Kennedy Center's website. Do you or anybody you know have any for sale? Thanks in advance! 

What's the problem with Little Mermaid??
 Aug 19 2017, 11:34:04 PM

After reading the Frozen thread quite a few times, I've seen it being compared to TLM. I happened to have seen Little Mermaid and loved it, especially the sets and technical elements. Norm Lewis was a stand out for me. I understand it didn't run for very long on Broadway, but why? What made it so unappealing? I'm just wondering because it's been one of my favorite shows for as long as I can remember, especially since it was one of the first musicals I was in. 

OOTI Fanmail
 Aug 16 2017, 01:29:14 PM

I wanted to send a letter and a box of kit kats to Hailey Kilgore who was just cast in Once On This Island, but I wasn't sure where to send it. Previews don't start until November; any suggestions? 

Rush for Miss Saigon
 Jul 15 2017, 07:49:22 PM

Hi! I'm not familiar with rush, could someone explain how it works? I am going to New York next week and will be able to see a Wednesday matinee, and I'd like to see Saigon with my mom. However, she has a back injury and is unable to stand in line for too long. Approximately when would we have to get in line and how long would we have to stand for? If you don't think we'd be able to get tickets for Saigon, what shows could we get tickets for? 

Trade Hamilton tickets?
 Jul 13 2017, 08:23:03 PM

Leann8i0 said: "Is anyone interested in trading Hamilton ticket? I have 3 tickets for the matinee show on Wednesday, July 26, unfortunately we can't make it. Let me know! leann.scibelli@gmail.com

I sent you an email! 

Hercules Dream Cast
 Jul 10 2017, 09:37:10 PM

I definitely see Titus as Hades.

What about Carleigh Bettiol as Meg? 

Miss Saigon + racism
 Jul 7 2017, 07:39:40 PM

I sent my friend the following two articles about Miss Saigon and racism. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/sexism-race-and-the-mess-of-miss-saigon-on-broadway

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4055203

I didn't get into Miss Saigon until after I saw the Tonys, and I'm just now starting to understand the plot. After reading the articles, it makes sense to me how Saigon is offensive. However, my friend who is half Asian/half Filipino responded to the articles with the following message:

"Okay not even one paragraph in im gonna call this BS. Many Vietnamese women yearned to get out of a war-stricken Vietnam and the only way at the time was to by being married to a US citizen. Simply put, the easiest way was to marry a GI. As money was tight, many women resorted to becomimg prostitutes. As a result, many prostitutes gave birth to the GI's children. It is a known fact that the US is the best place to raise a child. As someone who's heard countless stories of the opressive conditions of south Asia the whole thing about "children can only be raised by white Americans" is crap. Nowhere in the musical does it perpetuate that. Asia as a whole does not offer children the same opportunities as here in the US and that is the very reason why countless parents like my own came here. Im sorry but that article is painfully uneducated and clearly written by some white person with their own perceived views of a continent theyve probably never experienced first hand."

Do you agree with her, or do the articles resonate with you more? I'm just curious as to how other people react to the show. 

Places to stay in New York??
 Jul 7 2017, 12:59:56 PM

I apologize, looking back at my original message I realized I said 3 nights, 7/21-25; It should be 3 nights, 7/22-25.

I've been looking at Amsterdam Court Hotel, it seems to be the cheapest, albeit being pretty small. $470 for three nights total. Has anyone had any experience staying there? 

Places to stay in New York??
 Jul 7 2017, 11:02:12 AM

AC126748 said: "What is the maximum amount you're looking to pay per night?

Around $150.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You