News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AnnTheatre

Member Name: AnnTheatre
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My Current Broadway Ratings...Please Post Yours
 Jun 22 2017, 03:19:21 PM

Update:

06/21( TDF tkt) , 8 pm:             Groundhog Day   A

06/21 (Lottery win) 2:pm:          Lion King             A

Ticket Lottery winners?
 Jun 22 2017, 03:12:57 PM

haterobics said: "And just like that... won Hamilton for tonight!

"

Congrats!! That would be my theatre lottery dream come true, if I ever win  Hamilton. How long have you been trying  before you got the winning email? I am trying for six months now.

But I  won Lion King two days in the row,  June 20th (was too late to claim), entered it again, and won the next day also, so I saw 2 pm show, Lion King,  yesterday. Loved it very much, great  orchestra seat too.

But I am dreaming about "You Won" for Hamilton show, not yet. Hope some day!! Can not afford $800 ticket price

Bandstand or Miss Saigon
 Jun 20 2017, 09:49:55 PM

Is is 100%  plagiarism from  Madame Butterfly  , but from  1904 to 1975!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madama_Butterfly

Even the final that Kim steps behind a curtain and shoots herself, no reason to do that for 1975-1978 time frame.

It is too much mix for a good taste comparing to the opera: war tragedy,   dictator power, bar whore houses, Hollywood glamour ("The American Dream" ) and “pure”  love. Just trying to be all things for all people.

Ticket Lottery winners?
 Jun 20 2017, 01:43:07 PM

I won " Lion King" today, but checked in too late, you have to claim by 10 am, I thought that the lottery closes at 10 am. , but it is 9 a.m. for King

Bummer! I did see it many years ago, but  would love to see it again for $30 if I ever win again.

Playing Hamilton every day-no luck for this one!!

Ticket Lottery winners?
 Jun 19 2017, 01:13:40 AM

Won digital lottery 4 times:

War Paint (  June 16, past Friday, 2nd try)  :  great seats in central mez row C ($ 40)

Previously won : Kinky Boots , On Your Feet! , Cirque du Soleil PARAMOUR 

Jun 19 2017, 12:57:02 AM

I find this subject very helpful.   I like it that other “real” people give their opinion and I can compare my ratings to the rest of the forum.

I   thought that "Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812" was the worst show ever, the most vulgar  interpretation , grotesque of the  timeless classic, and I  am  happy to see that  many   people  who saw that show  agree with me.

12 year old at Bandstand?
 Jun 18 2017, 11:21:39 AM

I am much older than your little sister, but our tastes are very similar. I did not care for Wicked, and loved Something Rotten. 

I just saw Bandstand, it is absolutely appropriate for 12 years old; there is a lot of dancing and music. I found this show an average (I would grade it B), some parts are  entertaining, some spots boring, but absolutely appropriate. Reminds movies right after war time of mid 1940’s and early 50’s.

Jun 18 2017, 11:05:48 AM

Additional shows ratings which I saw in June 2017:

Broadway:

06/7 at 2 pm tickets from TDF:                   Sunset Boulevard         A+
06/15 at 2 pm  -tickets from TDF:                Phantom of the Opera  A
06/15 at 8 pm -tickets from TDF:                

SUNSET BOULEVARD - lives on
 Jun 18 2017, 10:30:38 AM

I saw it through TDF last week, Wend matinee, orchestra seats, left, close to center. Excellent view $51. Loved it, great experience.

Bandstand or Miss Saigon
 Jun 18 2017, 10:07:49 AM

BANDSTAND..100%!!!

I did not like Miss Saigon . Classic opera  of  Giacomo Puccini transfered to 1975-1978.   I do not like changed classic to modern times. It never works.

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
 Mar 17 2017, 11:37:21 AM

I think Gold Club has good shows, including Broadway, but you have to check web site very often. I have it open at work and refresh every half hour, so if something good comes up, I can get it. Good shows are gone within two minutes.  It definitely paid by itself at this moment. I was able to join TDF recently, they have more Broadway choices, but more expensive.  But getting  AMELIE  from TDF for $51 is a bargain  Someone was told me about Play by Play,  and I w

Ticket Lottery winners?
 Mar 8 2017, 10:59:28 AM

I  won 4  times:

Cirque du Soleil Paramour  - mez, but 2nd row ( $35, good view), first try

On your feet -  Orchesta, right, 5th row, good view ( about five (5) tries, I think $40)

Kinky Boots   - balcony, matenee, but good view ( about one week of trying, about $40)

War Paint ( won  June 16, past Friday)  :  great seats in central mez row C ($ 40)

I am  entering every day for Hamilton and  Book of Mormon for three months - No Luck  so far!!!

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Mar 4 2017, 02:46:36 AM

muscle23ftl said: "Hairspray0901 said: "Saw this yesterday (Thanks, Broadwayweek). Walked up to the theatre and found several pieces of paper taped all around [the front doors, the inside doors, the box office window and the understudy board] all saying Josh Groban would be out. Not a huge fan of his, neither is my friend (we both know his work, though, and know he has a beautiful voice), we were there for the show so saw it anyway. 

We both left rather

Mar 4 2017, 12:04:47 AM

Broadway:

Aladdin                                                     C

Beautiful: The Carole King Musical             A

The Color Purple                                    

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Mar 3 2017, 11:10:47 PM

I thought it was really bad.  Vulgar interpretation of a classical timeless book.   Making circus out of “War and Peace”.
PIERRE playing harmonica.  Anatoly almost has sex with Natasha. The girls were never left without chaperone at that time. Hélène Kuragina calls herself  “a slut"”. Marya Dmitriyevna character is more like “madam” from  whorehouse then aristocracy.
Leo Tolstoy   will tur

La La Land
 Feb 20 2017, 12:12:17 PM

I just saw the movie. I thought it was extremely mediocre to be nominated for 14 Oscars!! The story is so repetitive, “What if: will go in line with many “twilight zone” episodes and Asimov’s theory, that if we change one little thing in the past, the whole future will be different. The dancing was really bad!! No comparison to “Artist” movie or older Fred Aster movies. The  characters reached their dream career wise, but  had to give up their lov

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
 Feb 20 2017, 11:52:44 AM

Interesting, I post a similar question but did not get a  reply.  I saw that Play by Play had a  great review before, but  $55 to $75  a ticket, what are the advantage of membership then? If  you get to 1/2 price  ticket booth, the price is about $75. I saw this way   " Beautiful: The Carole King" about $80 half price, as well as "Something Rotten", "Color Purple",  but I thought the whole idea that you can s

Gold Club vs Play by Play vs Club Free time vs Any Other Similar service
 Feb 1 2017, 03:49:25 PM

Yes, I saw that, but this information is very old.  Some of those messages go back to 2003.

I am interested in the most recent experience, in the year 2016 up to now. It seems that offerings and structure was different in 2003 vs.  2017 , 2016.

Gold Club vs Play by Play vs Club Free time vs Any Other Similar service
 Feb 1 2017, 03:32:40 PM

Also, if  anybody knows what monthes are the  best for those kind of services?  January seems so much slower to me than December when I  joined. I researched various  forums and there are claims  that some  members saw a lot of Broadway from Play by play  vs Gold, or other saying  that most offerings overlap very much.  I saw a few concerts, 2 ballets, one average circus, one long running Broadway  musical when I joined. Some sh

Hamilton Lotto Closed Early
 Feb 1 2017, 12:42:06 PM

Uncageg, Did you like it?  Was it something out of the ordinary, not comparable to anything you saw or is it overrated?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You