News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayCritic1

Member Name: BroadwayCritic1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Betrayal Seating Discussion
 Aug 31 2019, 09:33:28 PM

I saw Betrayal on August 28 and sat in Orchestra B-5. The seat/view was fantastic! In fact, a good portion of the play was almost directly in front of me.   At $25, this ticket was a steal.

JUNK- Mixed reviews in previews?
 Oct 10 2017, 08:33:04 AM

Has anyone seen JUNK yet at Lincoln Center (currently in previews?)  I was surprised to hear the very mixed reviews about the show. It was supposed to be the break-out drama of the season.

Any thoughts, experiences, reactions to the show?

THE HONEYMOONERS at Paper Mill
 Sep 29 2017, 12:54:55 PM

I paid $39 for my ticket and it was mid-Orchestra. Excellent seat.

Sep 29 2017, 12:45:12 PM

I saw The Honeymooners last night (Opening Night) at Paper Mill Playhouse.  With very little tweaking (i.e., Act 2 is a bit long and drags at times- so perhaps cut just 1 song), this is Broadway ready now. Not only Broadway ready, but Tony nominee quality.

Michael McGrath and Leslie Kritzer shine as Ralph and Alice Kramden.  I am so happy that these stage veterans will finally have  leading roles that  fully showcases their singing and comedic skills. They are

Sep 27 2017, 05:19:13 PM

I am going tomorrow night; and am very excited about the show.

Favorite Cast Recording of the 16/17 Season?
 Jul 5 2017, 02:37:07 PM

It all depends whether you saw the show or not:

But this will come as no surprise:

To relive the show:  Come From Away   (great story, great score, & great cast--- and it all comes through in the recording)   &   Groundhog Day Musical (OBCR is brilliant and underrated; and yet another way this show has been poorly marketed.)

If never saw the show: Dear Evan Hansen 

Rude Theater Goers
 Jun 20 2017, 09:48:36 AM

When I saw Hamilton (NYC) in November, a woman also started singing (and almost dancing) with every song. I asked her to stop and she wouldn't;  and then I asked her again and she finally quieted down.  But if you are in the middle of the row in the middle of the orchestra section (or any section) -- what can you   (or any usher) do to stop this disruptive behavior?

If You Were to Revive a Revival...
 May 29 2017, 10:25:08 AM

I would like to see the current UK National tour production of Addams Family Musical brought to Broadway. (This is a slightly revised/updated version of the 2010 Broadway Addams Family Musical production.)

Groundhog Day 2nd row
 May 2 2017, 11:01:46 PM

Too close. The seats there seem low and the stage seems  so high.  Last month I sat in Row D (on aisle, left side)- and I thought it was too close. 

I also sat in Row G  which was perfect; and Row J far right- and that was so-so.

This Season's Performances You Consider Underrated
 Apr 29 2017, 04:06:46 PM

Add me to the growing list of  commenters who believe Michael Xavier's performance was underrated.

I also believe that Rodney Hicks deserves  recognition for his performance in Come From Away.

Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN
 Feb 8 2017, 11:48:46 AM

Mathew Morrison would be perfect

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You