News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for josh147

Member Name: josh147
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What to do on a Monday??
 Mar 17 2024, 11:34:25 AM

Thanks for all the recommendations! Sure seems like Hell's Kitchen is out - ha. Think I'll try to get in to The Outsiders...

What to do on a Monday??
 Mar 16 2024, 08:25:54 AM

I never thought I'd have this problem (because who has performances on a Monday??), but I'll be in NY on Monday April 8, and there are 3 shows that look intriguing. I only have 1 slot left on the whole trip.

Should I pick Hell's Kitchen, Gatsby, or The Outsiders? 

Alex Brightman planned shows off?
 Nov 10 2022, 09:21:12 PM

Hi all -

Can't find this after digging through the other forum threads, but are there any Beetlejuice shows that Alex Brightman is scheduled to be out? Or is he doing all 8 shows each week? Same question for Elizabeth Teeter, I suppose.

Looking to see it when I'm out there in early Dec, but have heard so many great things about Brightman specifically that I want to make sure it lines up.

Thanks- Josh

WHISPER HOUSE at 59E59?
 Jan 18 2022, 01:29:37 PM

I know that the entire book has been rewritten with Kyle Jarrow - I've never gotten to see the stage version (love the album), but am excited to see it when I'm out there at the end of Jan.

WHISPER HOUSE at 59E59?
 Jan 17 2022, 12:28:48 AM

Has anyone had a chance to see the new staging of Whisper House at 59E59? Thoughts/reviews?

Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall
 May 3 2019, 12:24:07 PM

I was worried about turning Alanis's distinctive voice/sound into Broadway songs, but they just released You Learn (with a little of Thank U at the end) and it sounds good! I'll definitely be heading out to see this in the fall: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQsieYwhrk

Be More Chill Squip Seating Question
 May 1 2019, 04:11:30 PM

Not sure what else happens in the Squip seats, but I can't really remember anything about the show that will be super horrible from up close (I was maybe 15 rows back). 

About liking it or not - I'm 41, and liked it for what it was. Didn't change my life, but I didn't hate it. It was bright, and poppy, and the time passed quickly. I like what was said above - just go in with an open mind. 

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Apr 15 2019, 03:01:29 PM

Just got a signed Playbill back from Be More Chill - took about 7 weeks? No donation requested. Also sent Alice By Heart at the same time - guessing that one's not going to get back to me. :)

Restaurant Recommendations
 Mar 5 2019, 06:21:27 PM

Ippudo (westside) for ramen is a must for me...

Shows Without Recordings
 Mar 1 2019, 08:12:37 PM

Still waiting for Ride the Cyclone...

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
 Feb 27 2019, 03:12:05 PM

So - I'm hearing a lot about how the Squip changed from pre-Broadway to Broadway. I only got to see it for the first time last week, and was not a huge fan of the "Keanu"-ish voice and mannerisms. Was it something different before? Was the costume (silver suit) different before?

Alice By Heart (PREVIEWS)
 Feb 23 2019, 02:10:24 PM

Saw this on Wednesday afternoon when I was in NYC and agree with basically everyone in parts. I really enjoyed it - I found it really easy to follow, but was also OK with being confused a little - Alice the book is confusing in parts! Set looked awesome, and I'm generally a sucker for Duncan Sheik songs - both his own, and Spring Awakening/Whisper House.

I'm glad that someone else was confused by Alice's relationship with Alfred. I was too - at first I thought he was her br

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews
 Feb 21 2019, 11:45:30 PM

CPannullo said: "Anyone know if George Salazar is back in the show? I am making my way to the show today and would love to catch him in it!"

Saw the show on Wednesday night and he wasn’t back in - but Troy Iwata was AWESOME (he was the only Michael I’ve seen, so nothing to compare it to, but was very happy). Was he George Salazar back in tonight?

Feb 21 2019, 11:43:26 PM

Quick question: has aynyone gotten anything from Be More Chill since it transferred? Just saw it Wednesday night, and was hoping to get a signed Playbill - any word on if they’re asking for a donation?

Show recs for non-theatre loving hubby
 Apr 18 2018, 12:29:38 PM

TorontoBroadwayFan said: "Wick3 said: "My friends who are non-theatre folks loved In & Of Itself off-bway."

Can you tell me more about it? There isn’t much chat about it here on the forums.
"

I saw In & Of Itself last time I was in NYC and can't recommend it highly enough. It's a 1-man magic show, kind of, but it's also a show about identity and manipulation. If you're interested in learning more, there are s

Apr 16 2018, 12:37:59 PM

Just to remind people to NEVER give up hope - I sent to Phantom at the end of October, and got a signed playbill back (with a nice note asking to not sell it) on April 12. About 5 and a half months - but was awesome to get it!

Josh

Feb 18 2018, 02:43:48 PM

I sent to Sweeney back when Norm Lewis was in it and got a cast-signed Playbill back in maybe 3 weeks? I just sent straight to the Barrow Street Theatre.

Josh

Looking for Waitress April 2017 Playbill
 Feb 18 2018, 02:35:42 PM

Hi all -

I'm assuming this is kind of a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone had a Waitress Playbill from April of 2017 (with that cast in it). I saw it April 25, 2017, but sent away my one Playbill to get signed... and it wasn't returned. They're nice souvenirs, and wondering if anyone can help out.

Thanks!

Josh

Looking for Waitress Playbill
 Nov 27 2017, 11:31:42 PM

I'm looking for a Sara Waitress Playbill - preferably from April. I saw the show on 4/25, then sent in my Playbill to be signed and never got it back. Since then, I've made a point to get 2 from each show. :)

Josh

Nov 21 2017, 11:27:42 AM

josh147 said: "Also sent to Phantom (couldn't find anything on this thread about whether they sign or not) and In & Of Itself on the same day."

Just got the signed Playbill back from In & Of Itself... silver ink by Derek DelGaudio. Jury's still out on Phantom. :)

Josh

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You