News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SacPsych

SacPsych Profile Photo
Member Name: SacPsych
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Brent Carver has passed away.  Aug 7 2020, 01:12:33 PM
Terrible news. He was one of my favorite voices and always will be. Has there been any report of cause?
Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 27 2020, 02:59:14 PM
Thank you!!
Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 27 2020, 12:36:59 PM
Would anyone mind helping me identify the actors in the brilliant final number? We start with Andre and then... I have such bad face blindness sometimes!
What the hell is with all the pro-trump advertising here?  Apr 1 2020, 11:34:54 PM

I've been getting the same thing - and I'm in one of the bluest parts of the country with a browsing history that should make my bleeding heart beliefs more than clear. Whatever the reason for the ads, I have to admit that it makes me want to check these boards less. I can't control much right now, but I can at least control how much I have to see his nauseating face.

Theater Gunshots  Jul 8 2019, 11:39:44 AM
A gun appears in Moulin Rouge, but no shots are fired. (Add me to the group of people who get really uneasy when guns are onstage and jump out of my skin when there’s a shot.)
Moulin Rouge Previews  Jun 28 2019, 10:53:57 PM
Yes, she sings Firework. In the context of the show I think it works. It doesn’t feel like a “how great she is” song so much as a “trying to build herself up” moment. And man she belts the crap out of it!
Moulin Rouge Previews  Jun 28 2019, 09:20:33 PM
Intermission and it’s incredible so far. Without doubt the most visually stunning show I’ve ever seen.
The Lightning Thief - National Tour  Apr 21 2019, 08:26:53 PM

I caught the matinee of this yesterday without any expectations.  I rarely go into a show knowing nothing about it.  The audience had lots of kids and teenagers, which is always nice to see.  There's clearly a dedicated fanbase for this show, much like Be More Chill.  Lines that I could only assume were references from the book were met with applause and cheers, and Chris McCarrell got a BIG response on his first entrance.

As for the show itself... well

2019-2020 Touring Season  Apr 17 2019, 11:09:39 AM
Sacramento:

Nov 8-17
Christmas Story

Jan 15-26
Dear Evan Hansen

March 3-8
A Bronx Tale

April 7-12
Bandstand

May 19-24
Come from away

This will be kind of an odd season for us, as our usual theater is being renovated, but I’m pretty happy with the selection!

Falsettos National Tour  Mar 16 2019, 08:26:07 PM

Just got out of the matinee and wow, that did not disappoint.  This was my first exposure to the show, other than some of the songs which I've heard on SiriusXM.  The entire cast was firing on all cylinders.  It was disappointing, though, to see that only about 80% of the seats looked sold and probably another 5-10% left at intermission - come on Sacramento, do you only want to get stuff like On Your Feet and Dirty Dancing??

I hope the tour is selling better in

Falsettos National Tour  Feb 22 2019, 12:38:37 PM
First row in the Sacramento theater is great - I’ve sat there many times.
Carolee Carmello as Mama Rose in LEGACY  Jul 17 2018, 10:42:05 PM

I'll be there for the closing performance!  The Music Circus has really been knocking them out of the park these last couple of seasons.  I can't wait to see what Carmello does with the role.

Derek Klena Stagedoor  Jan 12 2018, 07:13:49 PM

He did the stage door when I saw the show in May, and I've heard the he's there pretty consistently.  He and the rest of the cast were absolutely lovely to everyone there.

Okieriete Onaodowan to Replace Josh Groban in THE GREAT COMET  Jul 4 2017, 11:47:25 AM

In the Great Comet book that includes the full libretto, Malloy writes, "Pierre is probably in his early 30s, but life expectancy was pretty grim in Russian back then (averaging from 28 to 32 years)."

WAR PAINT - Any absences?  Jun 4 2017, 02:28:33 PM

I was there last night and Donna gave a phenomenal performance.  We were all given the choice of a refund or seeing the show with an opportunity to come back at any performance before September 24th.  Well, since I'm from California that doesn't help me much, but both ladies were absolutely spectacular.

I went in with my expectations lowered from some of the mixed reviews I've read, but I really enjoyed it.  It's not big and flashy, but it was certainly a

Hamilton in San Francisco  Mar 12 2017, 06:15:30 PM

Thank you so much for the heads up about the newly released seats!  After a day of frustration when tickets first went on sale, I had resigned myself to missing this one.  I just snagged a pair of balcony seats in July for $100 each.  Partial view, but I'm just thrilled I'll be getting to go at all!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You