News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RyanInVancouver

RyanInVancouver Profile Photo
Member Name: RyanInVancouver
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MITB Tony's Reactions
 Jun 10 2019, 10:39:10 AM

I don't know the show at all but:

1. I can't imagine NO ONE knew they were going to spoof it but I can imagine they didn't tell the entire cast they were going to spoof it.

2. I had no idea the song was from another show - I figured it was something they wrote.

2019 Tony Snubs
 Jun 9 2019, 11:59:05 PM

I feel snubbed for the three hours of my life I won't get back after watching the show tonight.

Things For Tony Hosts & Presenters To Retire?
 Jun 9 2019, 11:42:59 PM

1. The "you're all winners until you're losers" bit... we have some form of this every year and it's tired... I don't need to see Bryan Cranston show his losing face when we could've heard Judith Light's complete speech. 

2. The "if you like Broadway you're gay" schtick. Ben Platt's "if you're watching the Tonys you're gay" dig is old, tired and complete trash.

Any others?

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread
 Jun 9 2019, 11:21:30 PM

One of the most boring Tonys in recent years.

James Corden is an awful try-too-hard host. 

How do we get him singing THREE songs and no creative award speeches on air?

Recent Pacific Overtures Revival Questions
 Feb 16 2018, 10:38:50 PM

Because of the nature of the company I work with ours is very scaled down. A very simple set design, a stage and then a hanamichi with the audience seated on either side and then a third bank of audience seating further downstage (thrust style). We're doing a lot with shadows (the boats appear as shadows as does the emperor) and puppets (Admiral Perry is a puppet). We put a lot of our budget towards costumes, and all the actors are in full kabuki style make up. We're doing it with a s

Recent Pacific Overtures Revival Questions
 Feb 15 2018, 07:29:14 PM

Hi all - 

Just a question for anyone who saw the recent Pacific Overtures revival... does anyone remember what the facts are they used in Next? I'm working on a production and we're trying to find up to date facts and while Google is helping, we figured it might be interesting to see what the recent revival used. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Broadway Casting Director Fired for Sexual Misconduct
 Dec 4 2017, 07:27:53 AM

Anyone else weirdly stressed about this article? 

COME FROM AWAY Reviews
 Mar 12 2017, 11:22:13 PM

Also, isn't there still Amelie and Groundhog Day? And Charlie (Which I saw in London and hated, but possibly has been changed?)

It's a great year for new musicals - how exciting!

What is happening lately?
 Mar 12 2017, 10:57:09 PM

I might've missed this - but isn't it like anything - you get out what you put in?

Want to start a new conversation? Start one! Don't like the look of a topic (I don't care who's the hottest chorus member) - don't read it... 

I've lurked for years and years - I frequent the Talkin' Broadway board more simply because I found it easier to navigate, that board is dying out - so I'm hopeful that this might be a place that I can check out more

COME FROM AWAY Reviews
 Mar 12 2017, 10:52:47 PM

I'm Canadian. Sorry.

But seriously -- if what you got out of the show is that somehow Canadians think it's our duty to tell this "American" story (which by the way, it's not - there were people of all nationalities and citizenships on those flights) - then you missed the whole idea of the show. 

I also don't understand the idea that the show somehow is some sort of travel/tourism promotion for Canada -- maybe it's because I live here, but that&

Musicals for Auli'l
 Feb 27 2017, 01:50:51 PM

Once on this Island?

Sousatzka S'Awful
 Feb 27 2017, 01:33:33 PM

Hey Coop - 

Were you there Saturday night? I was too. I actually wrote the review on ATC linked above -- I was floored when the audience leapt to its feet... I just kept shaking my head over and over. What a mess of a show.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You