News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Babe_Williams

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Member Name: Babe_Williams
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: "I'm not at all in love..."

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Ramin Returning To PHANTOM????  May 19 2023, 11:24:00 AM

Lot666 said: "Videos: Ramin Karimloo and Amelia Milo, of the Upcoming Italian Production ofPhantom of the Opera, Perform

Is it just me, or is this a disappointing performance of Music of the Night? He seems to be shouting, jumpy, and moving too fast.

I likedJane Bergére's performance.
"

I'm really not a fan of Ramin's Phantom, so you are not alone.

LES MISERABLES Tour 2022-24  May 19 2023, 11:21:49 AM

I saw them in December and the cast was great. Nick's "Bring him home" will take your breath away. I think I did a short review in one of the other Les Miz threads. 

US National Tour of Les Miz starts October 2022  Dec 30 2022, 11:54:56 PM

martinsmithfan said: "So I’m curious, have folks here gotten a chance to see this company and touring production yet? And if so what were your thoughts/feelings?

I’ve now seen it twice in Philadelphia, and have some mixed thoughts on a few things and am curious what other folks are feeling.
"

Curious what your thoughts are, as I finally saw it. To add on to what was said above, they were very prompt in the start time. They made t

US National Tour of Les Miz starts October 2022  Aug 11 2022, 04:16:34 PM

Any word on the casting? The website does not have any information. I don't think Josh or Nick are coming back. My theater announced presale but I don't want to buy tickets unless there is information about the cast. 

Disney’s HERCULES - News & Discussion Thread  Jun 20 2022, 02:38:27 PM

I wish that Disney would adapt Moana for the stage. I think it has 'good bones,' a lot of the songs are Broadway-esque and see built to be sung live, they could pull together some amazing effects, I'm sure LMM would be on board. 

Mandates need to end  Mar 14 2022, 11:49:59 AM

Given that schools and most major sporting events are dropping their mandates, it just feels a little like theater itself at this point to be honest. And i am far from being a covid denier, i am triple vaxxed and still caught it.. My friend and I were going to see a show on tour a few weeks ago and didn't because she was in the middle of her vaxx series (not fully vaxxed yet) and couldn't get a test in time to have results back, we didn't go. Some of the touring productions

The BWW Tech Support Thread  Mar 2 2022, 11:08:40 AM

when i click 'next 50' it kicks me back to the main menu board

The BWW Tech Support Thread  Jan 25 2022, 09:31:35 AM

I'm sorry but why does this board still kick you out to the main menu after you reply to a comment or hit 'back?" This is pretty ridiculous that this glitch hasn't been corrected at this point and its definitely a reason i haven't been around much. 

Ruthie Henshall  Jan 25 2022, 09:28:02 AM

I adore her and think she is gorgeous but that performance of "I Still Believe" with Lea Salonga from a few years ago lives rent free in my head (sorry, Ruthie!). 

So how does Wicked have a chance with how West Side tanked?  Dec 28 2021, 02:17:45 PM

PinniGig said: "I think West Side might pick up over the next few weeks or so. It was a bad time to open with so many shows re-opening in theatres everywhere around the same time, COVID making people on edge and many that decided to stay at home and not risk having to cancel plans made for Christmas. It's early days."

I think WSS would have done a bit better if they had also offered a straight to stream option on demand or to rent. I think they were

COVID performance cancellation  Dec 28 2021, 02:13:16 PM

Fosse76 said: "All these closures demonstrate that producers are still using pre-pandemic metrics for post-hiatus viability. Tourist and ticketbuyer behavior is not the same as it was before, and some shows were a hard sell prior, anyway. It also shows that the League is willing to scapegoat the front of house for the closures (off-site testing with entrance refusals until test results are received, no bar, stringent oversight of staff and audience by covid monitors). Meanwhile, all

The BWW Tech Support Thread  Dec 20 2021, 08:54:47 AM

HogansHero said: "For those of us (and I suspect it is a substantial majority of frequent participants in this board) who are "jumping" to the [now relegated to the bottom] traditional board, it is annoying that, after posting, the board pops you back up to the top of the page and you have to jump again."

THIS. It does not appear to be fixed since this comment over 6 weeks ago. I would urge tech support to check out the pro boards form

The Public Theater To Now Require Negative Test Along With Vaccination  Dec 20 2021, 08:50:33 AM

Sutton Ross said: "People won't be willing to do this unless it's seriously worth it. So, unless they have a Hamilton on their hands currently, most people won't care to stand in a line for hours on end when they are vaccinated."

THIS. I'm covid cautious, I am triple vaxxed, but having to get tested is just not something i am going to do, especially since tests are scarce and insurance does not cover the cost unless your doctor orders it. Is it the sm

So how does Wicked have a chance with how West Side tanked?  Dec 20 2021, 08:48:57 AM

I feel like the Wicked movie will be coming out about a decade too late. 10-15 years ago, Wicked was everywhere. Now, a lot of people have seen it on stage but it doesn't have the buzz that Hamilton or other shows have. 

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 27 2021, 03:35:51 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "Viewership from last night was - as expected - disastrous.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/THE-TONY-AWARDS-PRESENT-BROADWAYS-BACK-Special-Scores-265-Million-Viewers-20210927
"

I love theater and had no idea it was on until i went online :/ 

Songs about being overworked/changing who you are?  Sep 14 2021, 12:46:12 PM

Racing with the Clock--Pajama Game

Wouldn't it be Loverly? --My Fair Lady

Look at me I'm Sandra Dee (reprise)--Grease

Any dream will do--Jacob?

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 10 2021, 01:36:39 PM

Musical Master said: "RogerEbert.com: "Dear Evan Hansen is a terrible, misbegotten musical with too little self-awareness to care how out of tune it sounds". 1 out of 4 stars.

OUCH!

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/dear-evan-hansen-movie-review-2021
"

wow, brutal

NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors  Aug 9 2021, 02:49:13 PM

theatreguy12 said: "Now if we can just get our leaders, on both sides of the aisle, to follow the rules too. Rather than running around Chinatown without a mask, asking if a mask can beremoved for a photo op (the mask is either vital or it isn't....it doesn't change willy nilly), or attending a birthday party at a swanky restaurant, without a mask, maybe there needs to be more consistency in messaging.

Interesting though how the chief MAGA person himself, DT, was t

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Aug 9 2021, 02:47:33 PM

ucjrdude902 said: "Is this garnering any sort of award buzz? For a movie thats being heavily promoted Im hearing nada."

I have nothing about this film outside of the Broadway people I follow on IG and this message board. I think its going to be a flop, especially with delta ramping up. Are they releasing it on hbo max?

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 14 2021, 02:53:35 PM

I liked it but felt like it was a bit too long. I love LMM and think the first half started with a bang, but the second half was a little all over the place and uninspired. I did think that the DACA and protest part felt really out of place and were not necessary. The entire show centers around the immigrant experience and first generation immigrant experience and the DACA talk jolted the show out of being timeless to being committed to a certain time period, if that makes sense. And it felt

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You