News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SkylarElizabeth

Member Name: SkylarElizabeth
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Come From Away Obstructed View
 Aug 7 2018, 03:32:37 AM

I rushed the show and got 3rd row which was great in terms of seeing faces and expressions, but because I was all the way to the left, and I mean the very leftmost seat, i couldn't see a quarter of the stage. I then saw it from almost all the way in the back of the mezzanine and had a MUCH better experience. Still an amazing show no doubt, but I'm sure there are rear mezz seats that are the same or nearly the same price as partial view. The mezzanine is VERY shallow at this theater, s

Broadway Roulette experiences
 Apr 9 2018, 10:17:47 PM

Bumping this because I'm curious about using this for my next show! Any other experiences?

Help me figure out a show!
 Apr 4 2018, 10:36:27 PM

JudyDenmark said: "Seussical? Tarzan?"

We actually did Seussical very recently so it couldn't be that (sorry! should've mentioned that) and yes Tarzan  for sure could be an option!

Help me figure out a show!
 Apr 4 2018, 10:31:06 PM

I'm waiting for my director to post our schools next show, and the hint that was posted was about a jungle! I'm not asking to figure out the exact musical, because of the lack of clues at the moment, but any shows that come to mind incorporating a jungle?

Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?
 Jan 12 2018, 12:14:07 AM

I was in Little Shop of Horrors my freshman year and hearing the opening song over and over again really got irritating.  Now I can't stand to listen to it.

Way to early 2018 Tony Awards predictions!
 Dec 13 2017, 09:04:20 AM

I would love to see Ethan Slater take the Tony, but of course I haven't seen many other performances this season.  As far as choreography, I can't really see any way that it wouldn't be between Once on This Island or Spongebob.  Spongebob is more of big musical numbers and is really different from Once on This Island so I would be curious to see how that plays out.  Also, not saying this in any extremely negative way, but I feel like some people are overestimating F

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/12/17
 Nov 14 2017, 12:14:58 AM

10086sunset said: "Based on the first week grosses and the first month of showsbeing thrown up on TDF, I don't believe Spongebob is long for this world."

Its still in previews until December 4th, so I think it has some time for it to gain traction with upcoming reviews and such.  Also lots of shows have preview tickets on TDF, and from what I've seen, they seem to sell pretty well on there.  (Just an assumption based on the double asterisks that I&#

Spongebob Squarepants Previews
 Nov 3 2017, 09:34:41 AM

I'm going on November 18th for the 8pm show!

Waitress TKTS
 Sep 9 2017, 09:38:06 AM

Hi! My family and I were thinking of seeing Waitress through TKTS. We have bought from them many times, and have always gotten great seats.  If anybody has ever bought TKTS tickets for Waitress before, what's the price and where were your seats?  I know it will vary because they give you the best seats available, but it would be great if you could share your experience with me. Thanks in advance! 

LOOKING FOR COMET TICKET!
 Sep 3 2017, 10:58:07 AM

delete

Groundhog Day Rush?
 Jun 19 2017, 09:28:31 AM

Hi! I am planning on rushing Groundhog Day on Tuesday, June 20th. Does anybody know what time is good to go, or how many people are normally there? It would be a great help! Thanks in advance. 

Dear Evan Hansen Stage Door
 Jun 15 2017, 05:00:54 PM

For yesterday's matinee, (6/14) Michael Park, Laura, and Garrett Long (on as Heidi) all came out and signed. 

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
 Jun 15 2017, 04:12:37 PM

Hi! My friend and I are planning on going on Tuesday, June 20th, or Wednesday, June 21st.   The earliest we can get there is 3 am the day of, so is it worth it to try? If not, would anybody be willing to buy 2 extras (if you have another person with you obviously) so we could buy them from you? We would be willing to throw in a tip! PM me if interested.  

Who are some
 Jun 6 2017, 09:32:21 PM

leighmiserables said:
"Alex looks too young and I'm not sure he has the voice for Anatole. But I could totally see him as a Dolokhov. 

"

Oh my gosh this would be great idk why I didn't think of that

Overrated Musicals Of The Last Ten Years
 Jun 6 2017, 09:31:18 PM

I for sure agree with Phantom.  I think one of the major appeals of it when it first opened was the tech element to it.  I saw it in Februrary and while the cast was great, it felt tired and low energy.  I was so bored I couldn't wait till intermission.  I'm also not sure if its just that theater (I sat a few rows behind where the orchestra slopes up) or the whole sound system, but I couldn't understand a WORD anyone was saying.  I honestly got very lost i

Who are some
 Jun 6 2017, 09:04:20 PM

Not sure if hes considered "unknown" but, Alex Boniello as Anatole.  Also not sure if he is unknown, but Austin P. Mckenzie as Evan Hansen.  Can you tell I'm a Deaf West Spring Awakening fan?

Great Comet recording
 May 22 2017, 10:22:47 AM

I love the quality of the new album.  Of course, it was much higher budget and so on, but it really adds so much.  As for Denee or Pippa, I honestly love both of them.  For me, Denee seems to play Natasha as a more naive teen, than an elegant young woman.  However I feel that the way she pronounces her words are a little bit too American? I'm sure thats not the correct word but she just feels like she isn't using tall vowels and it throws me off, compared to everyo

Since we know Oak Onaodowan will be the next Pierre, who would make good replacements for Natasha and Anatole?
 May 20 2017, 10:31:21 PM

I find it interesting that many people are talking about age.  While reading War and Peace (which I am currently in the middle of) But it seems as though Anatole is around the age of 30-35.  He has already been married, and there are multiple references to age.  Even Pierre in the beginning of the book I think had recently graduated from college (maybe a few years after) and by this point he is also married to Anatole's sister.  I have the sense that Pierre is maybe 5-

Most Underrated, Overlooked Production of the 16-17 Season?
 May 20 2017, 10:15:33 PM

I'm going to say The Front Page.  I know, I know, it had an all-star cast  and maybe didn't get the best reviews, but I haven't really seen much love for it among the broadway community or awards for that matter.  I have to agree with dianamorales on the point that Significant Other was loved by so many who saw it, just not the awards.  

Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?
 May 17 2017, 09:27:59 PM

I don't think you'll have any problem getting great seats for this show through TKTS.  If you don't mind not knowing exactly where you're sitting, its worth not paying box office price for a show that you might not love.  I've had amazing experience with TKTS, and have always gotten great seats.  Have fun whichever way you choose!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You