pixeltracker

Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?

Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?

SarahNYC2
#1Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?
Posted: 5/17/17 at 8:59pm

Hi, I asked this in the preview thread but I think that is buried! 

My daughter and I have very limited days to see shows together. We have tickets to Anastasia and Come from Away. She's 9 and has been going to the theater since age 4 and has seen a lot. I always thought we'd see this together. She loves the story-and we both our big fans of Christian Borle. But the reviews are horrible. Although CB is getting praise for his performance. I even tried to get press tickets. I blog and have gotten a few comped tickets over the years. However I was turned down-although was told I could purchase house seats. Umm no thanks.

So now I need to decide if I buy tickets in advance or we go to TKTS. Thoughts. TIA

SkylarElizabeth
#2Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?
Posted: 5/17/17 at 9:27pm

I don't think you'll have any problem getting great seats for this show through TKTS.  If you don't mind not knowing exactly where you're sitting, its worth not paying box office price for a show that you might not love.  I've had amazing experience with TKTS, and have always gotten great seats.  Have fun whichever way you choose!

SarahNYC2
#3Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?
Posted: 5/17/17 at 10:06pm

Thanks-that's the way I am leaning. I got a lot of awesome tickets from TKTS during December so I definitely am a fan of going there for tickets!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#4Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?
Posted: 5/17/17 at 11:03pm

GO see Aladdin instead...my nieces 9, 11 and I hated Charlie as they said boringgggg!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

SarahNYC2
#5Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?
Posted: 5/18/17 at 4:22pm

Thank you. Aladdin hasn't been on my list since we have been on Disney Fantasy 3 times and have seen it on there but that is the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thank you.

IHeartNY2
#6Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?
Posted: 5/18/17 at 4:37pm

SarahNYC2 said: "Thank you. Aladdin hasn't been on my list since we have been on Disney Fantasy 3 times and have seen it on there but that is the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thank you.

We loved it! More than I expected after reading these comments. Christian Borle is amazing as Willy Wonka. And the woman from Feud is hilarious. Oompa loompas were so much fun. Have no problem recommending it. Haven't seen Aladdin but liked more than Lion King. Just not sure if this is on TKTS yet though. 

EM55
#7Is it worth it to buy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets in advance?
Posted: 5/18/17 at 4:51pm

I think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has gotten a much rougher reputation than it deserves. It is an enjoyable evening. I took my 8year old and his 9year old cousin and they really enjoyed it and so did I. Obviously Christian Borle is the selling point, and he is great. Because he is always great. I will say he is the best part overall and in someone else's hands I might have a different opinion.

I think the show is worth a go, I wouldn't pay high premium for it, but if you can rush it or find tickets on TKTS then definitely give it a chance. If for no other reason than the always recommended chance to see Mr Borle perform.

Videos