News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aEnigma7345

Member Name: aEnigma7345
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
 Dec 23 2022, 06:08:40 PM

Took a financial loss -- yeah, I tried to go through Telecharge myself, but they won't only offer refunds if the show is cancelled.  Their position is basically "Too bad, so sad."  Telecharge had a stick up their arse about it and I simply had to lose out $300 for an orchestra seat (albeit front row).

Now sure if there's anything I could do right now.  Basically SOL.  I simply couldn't risk going to NYC today b/c of the sleet and freezing weather.    

I will reach out to Telecharge tomorrow to see if I may attend The Music Man at another date at no additional charge.  

I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
 Dec 23 2022, 11:29:15 AM

I meant to say Telecharge! 

I edited my original post for clarification.  I'm so sorry for the confusion.

Music Man Rush Line. 11/16/22
 Dec 23 2022, 08:45:13 AM

Usually they will lower the prices, but not substantially.  

Sometimes they would give those premium seats to insiders, e.g. those who either worked on the production itself, or are family and friends with the cast and crew.  Other times, premium seats go to those who work on Broadway in general or media or influencers.  

Dec 23 2022, 08:41:02 AM

Telecharge has refused to refund my ticket even though I explicitly explained to them that I travel by train (NJ Transit) from central NJ to New York City, and I cannot make today's matinee performance due to inclement weather!  But Telecharge is giving me a hard time over it! 

I am willing to offer a MAJOR discount for my ticket!  Front row orchestra sea

Streets of Fire (1984): could this be a potential Broadway musical?
 Aug 13 2022, 02:02:36 PM

Well, this new batch of musicals coming this fall.  None of them really excite me except A Beautiful Noise, KPOP, and the 1776 revival.  Maybe Almost Famous?  

Can't see Streets of Fire being any worse?  Especially since they could simply use the already popular soundtrack for the musical numbers along with some original songs.  

Aug 13 2022, 01:59:17 PM

Impeach2017 said: "The car chases and blowing up stuff might be a bit problematic for the stage, but it did have Michael Paré. Maybe not the best actor in the world, but that is not a problem, not a problem at all."

I saw King Kong the Musical and they incorporate giant screens to depict chase scenes.

Pyrotechnics I think are feasible but have to be limited and take into account safety measures.  

I actually envision Streets of

Aug 12 2022, 09:09:54 PM

I watched the 1984 cult classic Streets of Fire, directed by the legendary Walter Hill. 

This movie has literally everything: action for the boys, romance for the girls, and a number of musical performances.  This one stars Michael Pare and Diane Lane when she was in her late teens.  I really like this movie and think it's the ideal date movie as it has something for everybody.

And I was thinking: this one would be a really brilliant musical.  I'm sur

GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY closing January 23; hopes to reopen at different Shubert house in the spring
 Jan 13 2022, 04:08:10 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "The fact that they want to move theatres, and aren't announcing something makes me wonder if it comes back. I know it probably wants to, especially with the praise for Mare Winningham for Tony Award season. But, who knows?"

Stick a fork in Girl from the North Country; it's done.  It probably ain't coming back.  

COVID performance cancellation
 Jan 12 2022, 06:17:39 PM

I should make clear that the list below refers to shows that have been permanently closed in the last couple weeks due (at least in part) to COVID.

but yeah, there were a couple of shows that didn't survive the initial shutdown (Mean Girls, Frozen).   

pagereynolds said: "aEnigma7345 said: "So far, for those keeping score, list of Broadway shows permanently closed (at least in part) due to COVID:

Diana

Jagged Litt

Jan 12 2022, 06:03:58 PM

So far, for those keeping score, list of Broadway shows permanently closed (at least in part) due to COVID:

Diana

Jagged Little Pill

Thoughts of a Colored Man

Waitress

Ain't Too Proud

Flying Over Sunset

To Kill a Mockingbird (?) (may reopen at a smaller venue?) 

Mrs. Doubtfire (on hiatus)

The Girl from the North Country (may reopen at a smaller venue)

Dec 28 2021, 10:06:16 AM

I will try to catch Ain't Too Proud sometime in January before it closes.  

Dec 28 2021, 07:50:59 AM

Slave Play was never a commercial hit.  Even in this era of woke enlightened progressive politics, this show never resonated with audiences.  And audiences right now probably are not in the mood to see a downbeat show about slavery.  

My guess is that the "major" show that's going to be cancelled is either Aladdin or Hadestown (if we are talking about "hit" shows), though I suspect that the show that is announcing it will be closed will eithe

TINA's future doesn't look good (November 2021 and beyond)
 Oct 31 2021, 11:10:50 AM

everythingtaboo said: "Let's face it, it's been 18 months since the show was on, and in that time, it lost a lost of its momentum, and it's going to take some time before it builds back up again.I'm really of the thinking that most people are waiting until like two weeks out before they really settle any plans, and not basing it on whether Adrienne is there. The Tony performance and win was great, but by this point, I don't think the general public really cares ab

Hamilton in San Francisco
 Jun 17 2017, 03:04:51 AM

Yeah, I read that Ryan Vasquez just performed as Aaron Burr and completely nailed it.

Interestingly, it looks like this is the first time a Caucasian guy has a lead role in Hamilton.  Yeah, i know he has a Hispanic surname, but he could easily pass as white.  Kinda curious to see how a Caucasian guy interprets the role.  

Mar 19 2017, 08:40:25 PM

Thanks for your thorough review, conealpetterson.

I don't think anybody is going to compare to the original cast.  They are just perfect, especially their chemistry. And they just defined their roles; all the subsequent actors will have to live up their legacy.  It's difficult to replicate Daveed Diggs b/c he just brings such a unique angle to his role as Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson.  Plus, Diggs is a master rapper.  He can bust those rhymes li

Mar 19 2017, 08:03:42 PM

True, but King George III has been the only main role in Hamilton that is reserved for a Caucasian actor. Though Jin Ha (Korean American) has also played King George III on several occasions in Chicago.  

Interestingly, Javier Munoz was actually an understudy for King George at one point before taking over the role of Hamilton!  

as for Ryan Vasquez, he's Caucasian looking and could pass for white.  Same for Carleigh Bettiol.  I am aware that

Miss Saigon Previews Thread
 Mar 19 2017, 05:32:24 PM

This show is on my hit list of Broadway shows to see!  Saw it back in the mid 90s as a teenager and loved it!  

Mar 19 2017, 04:10:01 PM

basketcase said: "Ryan Vasquez had a put-in for Burr yesterday, but he wasn't on for the actual show. I was there last night and Joshua Henry was Burr.

Watched a clip of Ryan Vasquez on YouTube performing "She Used to be Mine" from the Waitress Broadway show.  Pretty good singer, a bit raw.  He looked a bit nervous and seemed to have tried to overcompensate a bit by acting goofy at times (perhaps as a defense mechanism b/c audiences were l

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You