pixeltracker

I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!

I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!

aEnigma7345
#1I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 8:41am

Telecharge has refused to refund my ticket even though I explicitly explained to them that I travel by train (NJ Transit) from central NJ to New York City, and I cannot make today's matinee performance due to inclement weather!  But Telecharge is giving me a hard time over it! 

I am willing to offer a MAJOR discount for my ticket!  Front row orchestra seat!  For $250!  

Please message me your e-mail address and I can e-mail you the ticket directly!  

Updated On: 12/23/22 at 08:41 AM

angoradebs
#2I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 10:49am

If you bought off Ticketmaster, you bought a resale ticket and it wouldn't really be up to Ticketmaster to refund you anyway.

Music Man uses telecharge for official ticket sales.

aEnigma7345
#3I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 11:29am

I meant to say Telecharge! 

I edited my original post for clarification.  I'm so sorry for the confusion.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#4I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 12:08pm

I can’t believe they won’t work with you. That’s horrible. Unless they’re flooded with calls like yours today? I hope it works out. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 1:09pm

Have Broadway shows cancelled?   Are the trains not running?   Pretty sure if the shows are up and the trains are running, that's what it is. 

Doesn't make is suck any less.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 12/23/22 at 01:09 PM

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#6I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 1:38pm

In my experience today, the trains are running quite behind but aren’t out of commission. May change later with the possible freeze tonight but it didn’t seem too wonky. All shows appear to be on still

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 1:48pm

Only worked a half day today and I was shocked how empty the roads are. Hopefully it's a sign people are using mass transit or staying home.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jo
#8I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 4:09pm

For Telecharge - the policy is NO RETURN/ NO EXCHANGE ( It is well-noted on your confirmation email) -- unless anyone whose name appears above or before the show Title calls in indisposed. In this case, unless Hugh Jackman cannot perform, they will not allow refunds.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#9I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 4:17pm

jo said: "For Telecharge - the policy is NO RETURN/ NO EXCHANGE ( It is well-noted on your confirmation email) -- unless anyone whose name appears above or before the show Title calls in indisposed. In this case, unless Hugh Jackman cannot perform, they will not allow refunds."

They are aware, that's why they are trying to sell their ticket.

jo
#10I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 4:23pm

TotallyEffed said: "jo said: "For Telecharge - the policy is NO RETURN/ NO EXCHANGE ( It is well-noted on your confirmation email) -- unless anyone whose name appears above or before the show Title calls in indisposed. In this case, unless Hugh Jackman cannot perform, they will not allow refunds."

They are aware, that's why they are trying to sell their ticket.
"

I was responding to this statement from the original post --

"Telecharge has refused to refund my ticket even though I explicitly explained to them that I travel by train (NJ Transit) from central NJ to New York City, and I cannot make today's matinee performance due to inclement weather!  But Telecharge is giving me a hard time over it! "

aEnigma7345
#11I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 6:08pm

Took a financial loss -- yeah, I tried to go through Telecharge myself, but they won't only offer refunds if the show is cancelled.  Their position is basically "Too bad, so sad."  Telecharge had a stick up their arse about it and I simply had to lose out $300 for an orchestra seat (albeit front row).

Now sure if there's anything I could do right now.  Basically SOL.  I simply couldn't risk going to NYC today b/c of the sleet and freezing weather.  I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!  

I will reach out to Telecharge tomorrow to see if I may attend The Music Man at another date at no additional charge.  

Updated On: 12/23/22 at 06:08 PM

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#12I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 6:28pm

Is Jackman in the show tonight? It's on the TKTS board for 50 % off. Very unusual and it has only happened with the understudy taking over. I'd check into it if I were you.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#13I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 8:05pm

Nothing from Max Clayton. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Hairspray0901
#14I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/23/22 at 9:01pm

I tried exchanging / getting a refund yesterday for little shop of horrors since both Matt Doyle and Lena Hall were out. Had no luck but, I was informed if I wanted to post date my tickets, I could call Telecharge at 11:00am the day of the performance I wanted to attend and they could see if they could get me in. I ended up going to the show anyway, but, worth a shot if you’d like to try and post date. It’s based on availability and they cannot guarantee the same seats (I also had front row for little shop. Sigh.)

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#15I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/24/22 at 1:00am

I’ve  done post date a few times, you usually end up in better seats from my experiences. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#16I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/24/22 at 6:50am

Post dating is usually only available for shows with lower attendance and on specific days of the week.  Also, for an out of towner, same day is difficult to plan for, esp midweek.

I sympathize with the op, but buying tickets for nearly anything is at your own risk -weatherwise. I'm always hesitant to buy tix for Feb break for that very reason.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#17I have a ticket to The Music Man for today's (12/23) matinee performance I need to get rid of!
Posted: 12/24/22 at 8:16am

Happened to me as well. I brought a ticket at the box office and I received a Telecharge confirmation number/phone number to call. Telecharge basically says, We can't help you with those in any way nor can we view your tickets??? (When they're visible on Telecharge)

I sold my tickets on StubHub and someone grabbed them surprisingly fast. Next time try them?

Do you have an update, OP? Best of luck!

Videos