News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Helene2

Member Name: Helene2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Message Board Abuse Criteria?
 Apr 11 2010, 11:31:59 AM
Averagebwaynut certainly feels free to attack and insult anyone he disagrees with. Here is his most recent volley to me:

"I describe you as "demented" "distorted" and "clearly an ill-formed irrational lunatic" because of your accusations against me which are unfounded and untrue. Those descriptions of you have nothing to do with your opinion of "The Addams Family"."

What I "accused" him of was attacking any posters who criticized the Addams Family, and engaging in back and for

ADDAMS FAMILY Reviews
 Apr 11 2010, 12:03:24 AM
Yes, Ain't she sweet, there is obviously a shill on the board.
Averagebwaynut, you described me as "demented" "distorted" and "clearly an ill-formed irrational lunatic" because I don't like the Addams Family, but then you deny attacking people who disagree with you?

ADDAMS FAMILY Reviews
 Apr 9 2010, 11:37:57 PM
Averagebwaynut, what is up with you? It's one thing to love a show, it's another to attack anyone who doesn't. You have used this board to promote and boost the Addams Family from the time it opened in Chicago. But you don't respect anyone else's right to an opinion. You constantly try to intimidate and discourage anyone who posts an opposing view. You have repeatedly gone on long emotional diatribes attacking everyone, myself included, who criticized this show, questioning motives and making a
re: Dunaway Filming 'Master Class' in Detroit
 Mar 24 2010, 05:15:30 PM
Note to Karma2 - If it weren't for the supporters of theatre and film, whom you so casually dismiss because we aren't making money in the industry -- none of the "stars" would be making any money either if we weren't buying tickets. So yes, we do have the right to an opinion.
Playbill Bios: To Thank God or not?
 Mar 24 2010, 10:40:54 AM
I guess there are a lot of different ideas about what a bio in a program is for. To me, they answer the question "have I seen this actor before?" It is interesting to read what type of education and training they have, where they grew up, what their range as an actor is as defined by what shows they have been in before. It doesn't seem like "bragging" unless the actor lists every single thing they've ever done, or talks about what great reviews they've had, etc. Publicly Thanking God is somet
Playbill Bios: To Thank God or not?
 Mar 23 2010, 09:29:44 PM
While the actors are certainly free to thank/credit whomever they want, Giving Thanks To God does imply that they believe God has favored them, and given them luck and/or talent, over and above others who also aspire to Broadway. It's also a little pretentious to imply that God is personally guiding showbiz career paths when the world is filled with wars, famine, earthquakes an tsunamis.
The Addams Family 1st Preview...
 Mar 9 2010, 01:12:04 PM
When I saw Addams Family in Chicago, my thoughts on the show were IDENTICAL to what WhizzerMarvin has posted here - Great Talent Misused, no plot, no story, a series of gags thrown together, NOT FUNNY, NOT ENTERTAINING. When I posted these thoughts in January, Averagebwaynut, who is clearly a booster for this show, immediately posted, as did Fanb, attacking me for my views, accusing me of being a different poster with a new name, etc. My reason for posting was I was angry to have spent over $2
Addams Family Review 1/05/10 -Slight Spoilers-
 Jan 12 2010, 06:35:27 PM
averagebwynut, the way I can "substantiate" that 90% of the tickets were sold before the show opened is, I went to the box office the day the show was opening and there were VERY few dates that had good seats available, only balcony or "partial view." The prime orchestra seats were virtually sold out. There were literally scores of tickets, prime orchestra seats, available on Stubhub and through other scalping sites for any date the show was playing. If you had friends who bought decent seats a
 Jan 12 2010, 02:56:01 PM
My reason for posting my comments was not to ignite a firestorm of personal attacks. I left the Addams Family feeling very angry that I spent a lot of money to see a show that was tedious, and in some places even painful, to sit through, after reading so many rave reviews on this board and in the papers. There is a lot of good theatre in Chicago, I could have seen several shows that would have at least been interesting for the money spent on this "event." For everyone who has responded, telling
 Jan 11 2010, 02:14:48 AM
Since apparently one needs to establish credentials in order to post an opinion here, I am not affiliated with any shows. I am an avid theatre-goer, both in Chicago and New York, and I have no agenda other than enjoying good theatre. I have been reading these boards for several years. Many shows have problems, and miss their shot at being great by varying degrees. Until seeing the Addams Family this week, I was never disappointed enough to post here. The reviews have alternated between ra
 Jan 10 2010, 04:45:19 PM
I read all the reviews, including the ravenous praise by Hedy Weiss of the Chicago Sun Times, and the many positive reviews on this board, including the one that theatreboy started this thread with. I went to the show three days ago, expecting to enjoy some entertainment, and I am livid that we spent more than $200 on tickets for a show that was awful to sit through. THERE IS NO STORY, NO PLOT, NO RHYME OR REASON, the show is like a vaudeville review, a series of disconnected vignettes. I gue
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You