News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Malka2

Malka2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Malka2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Can you take videos during curtain call  Aug 26 2018, 07:38:22 PM

I've only once been stopped from taking pictures during curtain call, when I was all the way on the side of the theater where the ushers were. Any other place in the theater - once the cast has started to bow, I say film away :)

Kacey Musgraves as Jenna in Waitress? Yay or nay  Mar 29 2018, 09:44:36 PM

Oh that's goooood. I would love her voice (and personality!) in that role.

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Mar 24 2018, 10:01:27 PM

suzycat said: "Hoping to see this again at the Weds matinee next week - what are the chances of getting a decentsingle ticket at TKTS right before showtime?"

I saw it this Wednesday evening with 3 friends, and we got our tickets from TKTS an hour before curtain. (Front & second row orchestra for $86.50 each) It was the day of the snowstorm though so that might have helped availability for us.

It was my first time seeing the show and I was amazed by the col

Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 21 2018, 04:19:01 PM

tictac said: "Malka2 said: "I can't resist, just entered for DEH. I'll be a bit screwed if I win cuz we're a group of 4 but I couldn't resist the temptation!! We can always split up and meet after the show... Lol I'm an awful friend.

Any other in-demand shows have day-of lotteries? Just checked Hamilton, Frozen and Mean Girls but they all require further advance entry.
"

I thought Mean Girls have day-of lottery?<

Snow Storm and Wed Theater  Mar 21 2018, 11:17:49 AM
I can't resist, just entered for DEH. I'll be a bit screwed if I win cuz we're a group of 4 but I couldn't resist the temptation!! We can always split up and meet after the show... Lol I'm an awful friend.

Any other in-demand shows have day-of lotteries? Just checked Hamilton, Frozen and Mean Girls but they all require further advance entry.

Best option for cheap snow day tickets?  Mar 20 2018, 01:25:06 PM
There's a big snow storm hitting NYC tomorrow night, right when my friends and I have been planning a big Broadway outing. What's our best way to take advantage of the weather for cheap tickets? Will box offices have lower prices/should we wait for TKTS/is there something else I'm not thinking of?

I'd love to get in/below the $50 range if possible and this snow storm seems like a stroke of good luck - I'm just not sure how to take advantage of it.

Thanks for any help! (And I'm

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child 2nd Pre-sale  Feb 7 2018, 09:13:32 AM
Just got my access code for 12pm! Is there a first group at 11am? Last time I also got the second group and all the affordable (for me) tickets were gone by the time I was allowed in.
Happy to have a code though!!

Whaddya know, it's GROUNDHOG DAY!  Feb 2 2018, 04:33:01 PM

I miss GHD!!

Broadway fans who cross boundaries  Jan 18 2018, 12:45:28 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "Whenever I stage door I always feel so insecure about what I say and I’m worried that it would creep the actors out. Like today I saw the wicked tour and I complimented Mary Kate Morrisey on one of her riffs and I felt like I freaked her out, lol."

I had the exact same experience, hah! At the Groundhog Day door I complimented Barrett Doss on her amazing voice which she thanked me for, but when I added how incredible her powerful "If I

Shows that the you hated the first time, and ended up liking the second time.  Jan 16 2018, 07:16:10 PM

I didn't at all "hate" it the first time, but the first time I saw Anastasia I was hyper-aware and critical of the plot holes and what I saw as poor choices in the adaptation and acting direction. 

Second time I saw it, I knew what I was coming in for and just enjoyed the show - and it was really spectacular! My friend who was seeing it for the first time loved it too.

Shows you loved the first time, but disliked the second time  Jan 16 2018, 07:13:38 PM

I thought Wicked was fantastic and clever and funny and beautiful the first time I saw it. Second time... eh. 

Interestingly enough neither was on Broadway - 1st was in LA, second in London.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/14/18  Jan 16 2018, 07:04:25 PM

Would I be correct in assuming that "Springsteen on Broadway" just posted the all-time biggest last-week-to-this-week jump :)

A $2.4 million difference is one for the history books!

2017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances  Nov 23 2017, 07:44:50 PM

Gotta say, I am really impressed with Noah's Evan! To the extent that I'm now considering finally checking out DEH.

I know, I know, Ben Platt is god's gift to the universe and all, but the extent to which the role physically/emotionally affected him really bothered me, to the extent that in any clip I saw of his performance all I could think was "oh this poor guy, someone give him a blanket and cup of tea!" Noah's Evan is fresh and healthy, and so earnest

China Coming to Broadway w. Jews in Shanghai  Nov 21 2017, 10:01:42 PM

That makes sense, considering Come From Away's success they're trying for pretty much the same thing. Human kindness, opening hearts and homes to strangers. Copying "viral sensations" never seems to work out very well though but in the current world climate, a story of stranded immigrants fleeing persecution and certain death finding safety in a "strange land" - new culture, language, etc - might do very well.

On a personal note, my (religious Jewi

Ramin Karimloo leaving Anastasia  Oct 25 2017, 12:01:24 AM

Ramin was replaced by an understudy tonight - how soon is he leaving?

Even stranger, there was no slip of paper saying that his role would not be played by him! I've never heard of such a thing happening , the only explanation I could think of was that it was an extremely last minute change so there wasn't time to put the papers in the playbills? But then they could have announce it preshow... I was disappointed and confused. The understudy (Constantine) did a great job but I w

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Oct 18 2017, 06:13:06 PM

I gave up. Logged in at 12:20, trying for $40 seats for any Sunday, but after checking through November there were none left. 

Even the next step up of $80 seats comes to $200 each to see the play, which is way beyond my budget or anything I've ever paid before. I figure by next year I'll find some way to get cheaper tickets - rush, or discounts - or I'll just have to wait a few years to see it. But for the prices I'm used to paying through TDF, TKTS etc, I just can't bring myself to drop $200 on a play. Even Harry Potter

THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG - Replacement Cast  Sep 26 2017, 02:25:24 PM

Curious to hear about this too. 

It's a hard group to follow. The original cast weren't just the "first ones hired for the role", they were a group of friends who created this show years ago in a little pub and grew it over time to a larger theater, then a proper West End Theater, then spin-offs and tours and Broadway and beyond... I'd think they bring something very special and irreplaceable to the show, and am ready curious how well it can be followed up.

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL  Sep 19 2017, 12:03:20 AM

If it's important enough for her to bow out of Carousel for, and it's a "fall" scheduling conflict even though rehearsals aren't until mid-winter, I think it's a fair bet that she's signing on for a TV series. 1) Bigger career move 2) starts in the fall 3) continues through winter.

GROUNDHOG DAY APPRECIATION THREAD  Sep 18 2017, 11:54:00 PM

dotseurat2 said: "I'm still in mourning. I've never loved a show that closed so quickly. I was lucky to be at that historic first preview, then one of the final previews before opening and then again at the final performance. I just can't understand how this show didn't catch on. It has all the makings of a crowd pleaser. I mean, with all the shows I've seen, there are very few that have huge moments like this one has, or performances (yes of course, Andy) that yo

Hamilton Chicago  Sep 18 2017, 01:48:45 PM

According to stage door talk at yesterday's Groundhog Day closing, Andrew Call is joining Hamilton Chicago. Is he the new King George? Seems like a role he would totally rock.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You