pixeltracker

2017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances

2017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances

bwayobsessed
#22017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 10:56am

I feel like all except for Spongebob didn't choose the right songs. Like all were good but I feel like We Dance would've sold Once on this Island more than We Tell The Story when most people watching don't know the story. I feel like Once Upon a December, while pretty doesn't have the necessary parade energy.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#32017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 10:56am

Got the most texts from family members about OOTI. They sold a bunch of tickets with that performance!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#42017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 10:59am

Waitress and CFA also performed on CBS....from within thier theater, 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#52017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 11:01am

dramamama611 said: "Waitress and CFA also performed on CBS....from within thier theater,"

Interesting. Unfortunately, very few people were probably watching since they were watching the Macy’s Day parade.  I guess it gives them some YouTube videos to post.

theodora2 Profile Photo
theodora2
#62017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 11:23am

I think the Dear Evan Hansen one was very well done! Noah Galvin killed it as Evan, and the vocals and chemistry between the characters were amazing!

"The things that make you strange are the things that make you powerful" -- Ben Platt

Emmaloucbway
#72017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 11:39am

Does anyone have a link to the Come From Away performance?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#82017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 12:16pm

Once On This Island definitely came off the best.

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#92017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 12:16pm

I did not notice RBJ in the DEH cast today. 

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#102017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 12:17pm

I loved all of them but i wish they showed more snoopy ballons!

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

broadwaynerdnewbie Profile Photo
broadwaynerdnewbie
#112017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 12:29pm

denali.fire said: "I did not notice RBJ in the DEH cast today."

She wasn’t there.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#122017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 12:37pm

My family who are not theatre fans left the room or did something else during each performance. But the minute Once on this island came on my family was intrested and they all stayed and watched. I think they definitly were the best of the bunch. If my family was intrested enough to sit down then im guessing a lot of others were. A great job done.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#132017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 12:44pm

She’s not really part of the song.  Her character just walks through at one point and looks confused.  

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#142017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 12:53pm

She already had the thrill of performing at the parade with Pippin...she probably requested the time off, and since she won the Tony for her role and has a family they probably let it go...and Heidi isnt really in YWBF.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#152017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 12:59pm

I think Spongebob had the only good choice here and the number was so much fun, but oy vey, the reception. Some person said on Twitter they literally should drown Ethan in Biniki Bottom. God.

Dear Evan Hansen was good, but not memorable.

I think Anastasia should have done Paris HTKTYH, but the direction for OUAD was gorgeous. I loved loved Christy and Nicole's dresses (Christy looked like an angel omg), but was confused why they changed their outfits, especially with Nicole since she's in it for 5 seconds. But honestly, since they found a way to do the dress transformation for Once Upon a December, they should put Christy's pink dress in the show. The big problem is that after Rumors Never End, Christy Altomare never leaves the stage and she already has a different outfit in Learn To Do It.

Once On This Island didn't have that much energy after Hailey's WFL. They should have done a full version of WFL, We Dance, or Mama Will Provide. But, I'm so glad the reception was terrific

greenifyme2
#162017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:00pm

Dear Evan sang live but no one else did, correct?

Danielle49
#172017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:03pm

Taken out of context the story of DEH got a little lost and made them just look like they were messily wandering around. They sounded AMAZING though. Having only seen Ben in the show, I'm really liking that Noah's going with a quieter Evan. Now I'm interested to see how that plays out in the character arc of the show.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#182017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:04pm

greenifyme2 said: "Dear Evan sang live but no one else did, correct?"

No. No one sang live. 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#192017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:06pm

No one sang live, it isnt healthy with the cold weather.

I think Noah and the cast sounded AMAZING. It was great for all the understudies to be included and that really helped elevated the sound.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#202017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:06pm

No one sang live, it isnt healthy with the cold weather.

I think Noah and the cast sounded AMAZING. It was great for all the understudies to be included and that really helped elevated the sound.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#212017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:09pm

Those mics were fake. I don’t why they even had them.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#222017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:11pm

DEH didn't need this performance as a way to sell tickets.  The show is a cultural phenomenon, not quite at the level of Hamilton but more than any other show of recent memory, Hamilton excluded. DEH has become well know to high school students all over the country and You Will be Found has become a generational anthem of sorts. This was for them. 

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

greenifyme2
#232017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:16pm

Call_me_jorge said: "greenifyme2 said: "Dear Evan sang live but no one else did, correct?"

Those mics were fake. I don’t why they even had them.
"

Wow, they really fooled me! Totally thought they were singing.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#242017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:17pm

I think they had the mics just to have something to hold so it didnt look so so basic, which is FINE.

Does anyone have a link to either the CBS parade or the performances from that parade?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#252017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/23/17 at 1:24pm

I missed pretty much all of the Macy’s Day parade as I was getting ready then traveling to see my mom. But my co-worker (who is extremely judgmental) posted on my FB timeline that after the DEH performance, she could see why I like the show and she even teared up during their parade performance.

Videos