News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for vidkidd

vidkidd Profile Photo
Member Name: vidkidd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Those quirky moments in community theatre you love
 Aug 28 2007, 07:56:35 PM
Hi there, I was just reading your post about the LA production of Chess that you saw... I am kind of sorry to admit to having been in that production. (Not anything against the production which other than the lack of an orchestra, I found quite decent... rather I never felt satisfied that I was the best choice for the role I was playing).

Mary-Pat Green was the actress you saw play Svetlana, I believe she did the entire run.

when we first opened (in workshop) the cast was Patr

Mary rocks
 Dec 8 2004, 03:58:35 AM
Hi there, I couldnt get the clip to download, and today when I tried to find it it said it was removed... IF anyone has the Download, can they EMAIL it to me???? I'd be eternally grateful!!!

Thanks!

Dave

re: Seth Riggs Method?
 Dec 8 2004, 03:04:02 AM
I first went to Seth Riggs about 2 months before my first Broadway audition. I had never sung a note in my life but knew that I was right for one of the roles in this upcoming show.

In that time he got me to a point that I booked the show from an open call. A few years later when I returned to Los Angeles I went back to him and actually learned how to SING, and not just get through a song.

His "speech level singing" technique works for every sort of music from Opera to Rock

re: Whatever Happened to (broadway folk of the 80s and before)
 Nov 21 2004, 08:04:10 PM
Last thing I saw Ben Wright (Jack from Into the woods) in was the tour and broadway production of STATE FAIR, opposite Donna McKechnie. I do not believe he has appeared in any other broadway show since.

I seem to remember that he had gotten married, perhaps he has left the biz?

Robert Westenberg (since Into the Woods) has appeared in Secret Garden, Company and 1776. (all broadway casts)

re: Broadway Puzzler #109
 Nov 21 2004, 06:11:41 PM
also Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ... has a multiple tony winner in John Lithgow, but Norbert has yet to receive even a nomination.... Joanna Gleason ... Greg Jbarra.... hmmm can't think of a single "vaudvillian" in the bunch!
re: Broadway Puzzler #109
 Nov 21 2004, 06:09:25 PM
I can not think of anything that really fits your description cast wise that is coming in this season... BUT, the closest I get is Spamalot... with Tim Curry (british star, tony nominated for Amadeus) David Hyde Pierce (basically a non musical performer) and Hank Azaria ... WHO would be the pop star? and actually the rest ... none of it really comes together... Did you maybe mean something for NEXT Season?
re: 3 GREATEST SONGS IN BROADWAY HISTORY
 Nov 21 2004, 05:44:03 PM
I nominate - (scary that all the one's on my list are Sondheim related) - Rose's Turn, The Tonight Quintet from West Side Story, and Epiphany from Sweeney Todd.

There are a Million songs I think are amazing in tons of shows... lots of Ragtime, "What would I do" from Falsettos, even "A New Argentina" from Evita.... and on and on.

Rent n stuff
 Nov 21 2004, 05:33:59 PM
I just joined this whole newsgroup thing today so I may be WAY behind the news that was already posted earlier... BUT, did anyone comment on the fact that Chris Columbus actually directed Anthony Rapp in his very first film, "Adventures in Babysitting" ?

Just thought I'd throw that out.

Cheers.
Dave

re: Whatever Happened to (broadway folk of the 80s and before)
 Nov 21 2004, 05:20:37 PM
Ann Morrison has been doing lots of theater over the years in Sarasota and with Wayne Bryants theatre in Witchita Kansas. She was in the workshop version of Sondheim's Gold! (later "Bounce"). After Merrily, Ann appeared in many shows including NY's "Forbidden Broadway", London's "Peg", Los Angeles's "Anyone Can Whistle", Cabaret in various Cities, Peter Pan (the production that eventually ended up starring Cathy Rigby), Little Shop of Horrors, Ruthless, and on and on.

Currently she is i

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You