News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Messytheatregirl

Member Name: Messytheatregirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Thoughts on the current Hamilton BROADWAY cast
 Oct 17 2017, 11:40:53 AM

I also would like to add that calling them "terrible" was a little harsh, but I'm just extremely disappointed and mad at myself for spending so much money to be so underwhelmed.

Thoughts on the current Hamilton BROADWAY cast
 Oct 17 2017, 10:22:59 AM

Is it just me, or is the current Hamilton cast on Broadway terrible? I first saw the new cast in February only to be extremely disappointed in everyone, but I thought it was just an off-night for everyone and didn't make a big fuss about it.

I went on Friday night of last week and if anything, it was worse. Specifically, the sisters do not deliver the energy required for the show. Lexi Lawson does NOT have the pipes for Eliza nor adequate acting skills. She seemed bored and like sh

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
 Aug 17 2017, 07:17:50 AM

Ugh I have tickets for tonight, but It says he is out aug 10-aug 16 on the Dear Evan Hansen website, and I know he was filming will and grace last night in LA...so it's not looking so good for tonight.sad

does anyone have any further info on the matter? 

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
 Aug 9 2017, 03:28:47 PM

I was thinking along the lines of what you were...I think it's going to be a live televised concert of the first Hamilton Mixtape album. It's getting to be that time of year for that sort of thing too. Could be cool!

What's your dream role or roles?
 Aug 8 2017, 01:10:06 PM

Fanny Brice - Funny Girl (what female's isn't?)

The Leading Player - Pippin' ( I'm white though...)  

Cathy - The Last 5 Years

Sally Bowels - Cabaret

Natasha - The Great Comet (or anything from The Comet to be honest...I'd love to work on a stage like that)

Female Group Numbers
 Aug 3 2017, 01:40:04 PM

First ones that come to mind are...

"Hey Big Spender" - Sweet Charity

"Forget About the Boy" - Thoroughly Modern Millie

"Just Arrived" - Copacabana

"Mama Who Bore Me + Reprise" - Spring Awakening

Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
 Aug 2 2017, 08:42:52 AM

Does anyone know who is taking over for Rachelle? This is her last week.

Why are all these kids around?
 Jul 31 2017, 03:08:06 PM

Phantom4ever said: "This kind of thing is what brought down the community theater where I used to be an actor.  We had a number of successful shows and then we did Wizard of Oz and invited the nearby grade school to be the munchkins.  There must have been 70 munchkins in that show.  In terms of ticket sales, it was a huge success.  Every one of those munchkins had family come from near and far.  However, for future shows, we had to find a way to add a reason

What shows will benefit if Comet closes?
 Jul 31 2017, 02:17:42 PM

I would imagine Miss Saigon benefiting if The Great Comet closes in the upcoming weeks. 

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
 Jul 31 2017, 02:13:21 PM

I noticed that too... Rainn also follows Josh Groban on twitter so he could've been really inspired by the role of Pierre to hop on board the comet train. 

Check out his tweet from July 3:

https://twitter.com/rainnwilson/status/882001778891399168

Mean Girls Musical: Washington DC Fall 2017
 Jul 27 2017, 03:58:16 PM

If anyone lives in the Pittsburgh area, Erika Henningsen is playing Sophie in a regional production of Mamma Mia this weekend...I wasn't going to go but I might now just to see what is up with her lol.

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
 Jul 27 2017, 08:01:13 AM

I lucked out BIG TIME as my tickets are for August 17th...HALLELUJAH GOD BLESS!

Is Hello Dolly worth it (and if so, where to sit?)
 Jul 26 2017, 04:19:06 PM

In the rear mezz of that theater, you feel like you are towering over the stage. In my opinion, it was an extremely awkward place to sit. I would have much rather sit in the back of the left or right orchestra, and they aren't that much more expensive. 

Banquettes Row BE, stage right
 Jul 26 2017, 04:15:43 PM

He has a lot of interaction with the first few rows of the banquette seats, so enjoy!

Banquettes Row BE, stage right
 Jul 26 2017, 03:55:02 PM

BC23!!! lol

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
 Jul 26 2017, 03:32:28 PM

Well....after a whole day of complaining/speculating about this, I just got tickets for his Wednesday evening performance (8/16), and I am really looking forward to it!

Jul 26 2017, 12:41:16 PM

He's only doing a 3 week run because they already had someone scheduled to come in as Pierre after Oak's run. No one knows who that person is, but I'm sure it will be another stunt casting episode...especially since they weren't willing to extend Mandy's run. 

Jul 26 2017, 12:07:49 PM

While i think Denee MAY be able to work well with him(she has a more mature look),if she happens to be out for a performance during his run, I can't imagine Shoba OR Lauren playing opposite of him and having the audience believe it. He is nearly a 70 year old man, and I really think it's going to change the dynamic of the show, especially the ending, and not for the better. 

DEH tickets: Stubhub vs Vividseats
 Jul 14 2017, 03:03:11 PM

I am leaning towards getting my tickets from Vividseats because I have $40 off...does anyone have any recommendations and/or horror stories regarding purchasing tickets from these sites? Help a sister out!

Riedel on people fighting for tickets to upcoming Fall musicals
 Jul 12 2017, 10:52:36 AM

"Considering what other new musicals are coming in, THE BAND'S VISIT has a different kind of appeal. Everything else coming in is either a jukebox musical or an adaptation of a movie."

A Band's Visit is also an adaptation of a movie. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You