News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FrizzyAnya

Member Name: FrizzyAnya
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JLP Rush?  Jan 18 2020, 12:52:17 AM
Today I got a ticket at 2:15pm. There were two tickets left at that point. Side orch but a perfect view.
Last Minute/Discount Tickets for Popular Shows  Jan 18 2020, 12:50:18 AM
Fwiw I got rush to JLP at like 2:15 today. He said there were two left at that point. Labeled partial view but I missed nothing.
Lucky Seat  Jul 7 2019, 10:43:39 PM

It used to be on Lucky seat between stints on Broadway Direct. In 2017 it was Broadway Direct, and it's back there now. (You can currently enter through the website or through the app. I personally prefer the website. I like being able to look at my inbox and see the number of times I've entered.)

Lucky Seat  Jul 7 2019, 10:23:26 PM

Yes. Hamilton (used to be Luckyseat), Frozen, Kinky Boots, and Groundhog Day. Aside I've also won The Cher Show, Wicked, The Lion King, Dear Evan Hansen, School of Rock, Spongebob, Anastasia, War Paint, Aladdin, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Tootsie, Beautiful, and I think that's it.

But beware, I looked it up and I have something like 1,600 lottery rejections in my email inbox. It takes a lot of entries to wrack up the wins. But you'll get there if you have patience a

To Kill a Mockingbird Rush  Jul 7 2019, 10:11:49 PM

Today (a Sunday, with a 3pm show) walked up to the Box Office around 1:30 and was able to grab an SRO ticket. They seemed to have a couple of single seats left for full value, but I was able to grab the $39 SRO. I was far right, great view, missed nothing.

Of note, my friend was able to get a balcony ticket off of Stubhub for $37 around the same time. Apparently also a good view. 

(I've done balcony partial view in that theater before, for Hello Dolly. I'd seriously

Rush recommendation?  Jul 3 2019, 06:37:37 PM
The shows that I have not yet seen that have rush seem to be the following:

King Kong
Phantom of the Opera
To Kill A Mockingbird
Be More Chill
Chicago
The Ferryman
Ink
Hadestown*
(*but I cant do an overnight)

What would you recommend I prioritize for this Friday 7/5? Whats worth whatever the relevant wait time is?

Tootsie lottery question  Jul 3 2019, 06:26:32 PM
Won last week - seats were rear orchastra, just off the side center aisle on the right. Perfect view, highly recommend.
Digital Lottery Question  Jun 26 2019, 08:00:35 AM
Harry Potter’s Friday Forty states that you can only win once. Pretty much everything else doesn’t take it into consideration at all though.
Beetlejuice Rush  Jun 26 2019, 07:48:56 AM
I got one rush ticket Wednesday 7/19 for the evening show right before curtain. Maybe because it was a two show day and everyone who rushed went for matinee? Don’t know. But there were a few far side seats left that probably also counted as rush.
Tootsie Ticket for Tonight at 7:30 for sale  Jun 19 2019, 05:54:02 PM
Is this still available? I messaged you!
Chicago Rush  Feb 13 2019, 03:39:49 PM
Does anyone have any idea of how early to arrive for this one? I was told it’s a fairly easy rush, but I don’t have a sense of the timing. Tomorrow Thursday fwiw, though any insight at all would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Is Broadway Lottery the way to go?  Aug 21 2018, 05:04:15 PM
I live close and I’m cheap, so I’d say it’s the way to go. Over the last 2 years I’ve seen many shows via lottery:
The Lion King, Hamilton, Wicked, Dear Evan Hansen, Kinky Boots, Anastasia, Aladdin, War Paint, School of Rock, Groundhog Day, Spongebob, Jerry Springer the Opera, and Travesties.

But I also recommend rushing shows for rush seats or SRO. I just find it difficult because I work in the mornings. But I’ve done Come From Away, Dear Evan Hansen, Book of Mormon, The Boys in th

Is standing room uncomfortable?  Aug 21 2018, 04:55:41 PM
The only time I’ve ever regretted standing room was when I did three in a row (Friday night, Saturday matinee, and Saturday night). And that was after standing/sitting in SRO lines for many hours that day. Maybe not the easiest SRO experience by the end. But well worth it!

I’ve done SRO quite a few times (Book of Mormon, Dear Evan Hansen, Mean Girls, The Boys in the Band, and something else I’m forgetting) and I’ve never done it where I didn’t have something to lean forward on. So it’s

Mean Girls Rush/Lottery  Aug 13 2018, 06:04:38 PM
I was there for the Saturday matinee. In person lottery had maybe 75-100 people, with 10 winners. I got in the SRO line early. They had 10 tickets total, of which each person can only buy one, not two. I got one, and finally saw the show!
Pretty Woman Rush  Aug 10 2018, 08:17:18 AM
Thursday 8/9, 8:30am was good for 8th in line. Maybe 20ish people were there by BO opening. We got seats 102 and 103, the side of center orchestra. With the cushion, the view was great!
Hello Dolly Rush  Jul 25 2018, 09:44:37 AM
I have no idea about rush. I went with a friend pretty close to curtain and we were able to get obstructed view seats for $49. They are pretty terrible seats just because they are last row, but we were willing to stand so we could see almost everything because of that. The staff didn’t care since there was no one to be blocked. Then at intermission an usher came over and told us about empty seats that we could take.

Overall it was a positive experience and I was glad to see Bette Midler

Anastasia Lottery  Jul 9 2018, 06:54:09 PM
I can’t speak to trends, just to personal experience. In about 180 tries, I won 1 time. That spanned last summer through this summer-ish.

So...it’s possible, but maybe not great chances of winning quickly.

People Leaving at Intermission  Apr 7 2018, 06:25:29 PM

I’ve been to a lot of Broadway shows, and yet I actually almost left early by accident once. - It was Jerry Springer the Opera and I was genuinely so surprised/confused by the whole thing AND the story felt like it had ended. (To our credit, the second act is like a totally different story than the first.)

But when I looked around and saw that everyone had left their coats, we figured it out.

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Mar 30 2018, 12:08:21 AM
3.5 months later, I got a signed playbill sent back from Anastasia’s Derek and Christy!
In large part I was glad to get it back because I knew it meant they’d gotten the letters I sent.

That was a fantastic thing to see when I checked my mailbox!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Mar 10 2018, 10:09:00 AM
95 people now!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You