Chicago Rush

Westender2
#1Chicago Rush
Posted: 12/29/17 at 7:12pm

I rushed Chicago today.  Started at Anastasia but was obvious I would not get any rush seats, so bounced and went to Chicago.  8:35am arrival and I was the first in line.  At 8:45 a lady came out to say it would be standing room only today.  She let us into the box office area at about 8:55 which was really nice of her as it was bitterly cold (roughly 7 degrees f with the wind chill).  By then there were 3 of us in line, and many more followed shortly after.

The gentleman at the box office also opened early for us at 9:30 which was appreciated.  He asked me what I was looking for and I said "whatever they had for rush".  He laughed at me and said no rush this week.  I said the lady had told us there was standing room.  He said "Oh yes", $27 each.  I happily snapped up tickets seats for $54.

Just before the end of the 1st half an user came over and asked how many in my group.  He moved 4 of us into un-used orchestra right seats for the second half.  Awesome!

Really glad I was able to get this during arguably the busiest week of the year.  Todrick Hall was out which was a shame as I believe the show would have been a lot stronger with his presence.

Kerber214
#2Chicago Rush
Posted: 1/14/18 at 6:18pm

Has anyone rushed recently? c

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3Chicago Rush
Posted: 1/14/18 at 10:37pm

I am in awe of anyone who would go out for rush tickets (a foreign concept to me)  in 7 F weather.  You are a true fan.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Westender2
#4Chicago Rush
Posted: 1/15/18 at 12:46am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I am in awe of anyone who would go out for rush tickets (a foreign concept to me) in 7 F weather. You are a true fan. "

Thank you!  We live in Vancouver, BC and we’re in NYC for 12 nights.  We had a number of shows planned during our trip to NYC but wanted more.  The only affordable way at that point was to supplement with some rush seats which is what I did.  In the 12 nights I rushed 5 shows.  It wasn’t ideal given how cold it was but truly was worth it.  In our 12 nights we did 13 Broadway shows, a comedy club, a jazz club, 3 tv filmings, NYE, and some sightseeing.  Second time to New York and we’ll be back for sure- we just love the place!!!

OneSingularSensation2
#5Chicago Rush
Posted: 7/17/18 at 10:13am

Bumping this thread... anyone have an idea where rush seats would be for Chicago (or if they're still just doing SRO)? Wondering if I'm better off rushing or buying cheap tix via TodayTix - thanks! 

FrizzyAnya
#6Chicago Rush
Posted: 2/13/19 at 3:39pm

Does anyone have any idea of how early to arrive for this one? I was told it’s a fairly easy rush, but I don’t have a sense of the timing. Tomorrow Thursday fwiw, though any insight at all would be appreciated.
Thanks!

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#7Chicago Rush
Posted: 9/21/19 at 12:38pm

Any recent reports? Thinking of finally getting around to see it. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#8Chicago Rush
Posted: 10/5/19 at 12:11pm

Rushed the show today. Got to the box office at noon and got a rush ticket for the matinee. $49. Doesn't seem like there's a need to get there early, but I probably would have had a better seat if I got there early. My seat is F22 in the orchestra.

Happy to revisit the show with Lana and Charlotte and a good amount of new faces in the ensemble.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.