News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayTX

Member Name: broadwayTX
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Ramin Returning To PHANTOM????
 Feb 13 2023, 02:13:36 AM

This is certainly something more than just a curtain call performance. That would be altogether strange to make this big of a deal for that. Plus, I'm sure they'd want any special performances to be a surprise on the day. 

My best guess is the final few weeks he'll be the Phantom on Broadway. At least, that's my hope. There's also that benefit performance that's supposed to occur on April 14th - maybe this has something to do with that? 

My init

Is Ramin Returning To PHANTOM????
 Feb 7 2023, 11:00:14 PM

However much I want this show to run forever and to extend and extend and extend...

I purchased a ticket to the final public performance on April 15th for quite a hefty price (some of those tickets were going for over $700 if memory serves) all because it was the final performance available for the public to buy tix for. If the show extends again, I'm nervous I won't be able to get reimbursed or transfer my ticket to a new date. Anyone have any insight here?

Came

Phantom broadway 35th anniversary show
 Jan 9 2023, 02:44:14 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "But don't go there expecting something special. It would be an honor just to be able to attend that performance. No need to be worried or nervous. That's kind of greedy."

I'm not worried or nervous, just would love for them to do something and curious if anyone had heard anything. They could do nothing and I'll be fine. 

Phantom broadway 35th anniversary show
 Jan 9 2023, 02:22:20 PM

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to whether there will be anything special done at the 35th anniversary show for Phantom in a few weeks? I've planned a NY trip around the show and am hoping for something special, especially considering what they did for the 25th anniversary and 30th anniversary shows. But considering the show is also closing later this year I'm a little nervous they'll just save anything special for the final shows. 

Also are any of you attending t

A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022 Previews
 Nov 7 2022, 02:43:16 AM

I saw this show at the Geffen Theatre in Los Angeles a few years ago and it’s spectacular. I’m sure there’s a thread on here somewhere about it, but Jefferson is completely captivating in this one-man show and if it’s anything like what was performed at the Geffen you’re all in for a treat! The effects, the sound design, the characterizations. All completely well-done.

I, believe it or not, was unfamiliar with the story of A Christmas Carol prior to seeing

ALMOST FAMOUS On Broadway - P/reviews Thread
 Oct 18 2022, 04:38:28 PM

I saw the show on Oct. 10 and thought it was fun. 

The sets were minimal and songs the kind of fluffy and forgettable pop-broadway that's been popular recently. Compared to the other shows I saw on my trip this one felt like it had half the production value (to be fair, the other shows I saw were MUSIC MAN, FUNNY GIRL, POTO, BEETLEJUICE, HARRY POTTER, INTO THE WOODS).

That being said, the performances in ALMOST FAMOUS were standouts. Solea Pfeiffer has an incredibl

Music Man Rush Line.
 Oct 12 2022, 05:58:48 PM

I rushed on Thursday, Oct 6th and got there around 6:45AM. My friend and I were 2nd and 3rd in line and maybe 3-4 people showed up about 5 minutes later. 

By 8AM only around 10 people were in line and by 9AM 20-30 people. By 9:30AM around 50 people. 

Not sure how many people got tickets - but whoever was first in line annoyed a few people as she had some friends show up and join her at around 9AM and they all got tickets. Bad etiquette, and when confronted they were qu

Music Man Rush Line.
 Oct 3 2022, 05:06:51 PM

Anyone been recently? I’m heading into town later this week and was planning to rush, curious how early everyone’s been going as the last updates were from about a month ago (yes I’ve read the entire thread… don’t need any drama for asking this question please and thank you!).

Thanks! 

War Paint Stage Door
 Jul 2 2017, 04:31:32 AM

I SD'd late May and both Patti and Christine came out. Christine first, she was quiet but very kind. Patti was hilarious! She was apologetic for how long it took her to come out, but that she was distracted by some sailors who were backstage! She also said she felt a little tipsy lol. She was so funny, and really made it a great time for everyone who waited. 

Sweeney Todd 2.0 - Carmello and Lewis
 Jun 21 2017, 08:31:30 PM

Don't sit on the balcony. I sat front row up on the balcony and it had a nice view of most of the action, but the actors did go under quote a lot to where they were out of view. The seat I had cost the same as the seats down below which weren't obstructed view, so you might as well sit down on the first floor if you're going to have to pay the same price no matter what. 

I left having enjoyed the show a lot! But I do wish that the website listed the balcony seats as ob

Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
 Jun 14 2017, 12:35:01 AM

What was the marquee outside the theatre like? Did it still have Bette's name in lights?

SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Jun 10 2017, 09:07:30 PM

Does anyone have photos of the souvenir program? Trying to find what kind of content is inside before purchasing, but am coming up short online - even checked eBay to no avail! 

SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Jun 9 2017, 09:29:00 PM

Saw the show a couple weeks ago and loved it! I was surprised that the curtain that drops for intermission with Glenn's face on it was only there for roughly a minute before they turned off the blue lights and removed it. Is this normal? I've seen so many photos on instagram of the curtain, but wasn't able to get one myself since they removed it so quickly. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You