News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Blair5

Member Name: Blair5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

National Tour Flops
 Jun 27 2018, 11:01:23 AM

I saw Matilda on tour and I agree about the sound issue. It was very difficult to understand anything they were saying, especially when they were singing. I can't remember any of the songs because I couldn't understand any of the lyrics. The little girl playing Matilda couldn't do a British accent and as a result spoke in a weird American/British hybrid that further complicated the intelligibility. It was incredibly frustrating because you had to actually make an effort to underst

People Magazine: First Listen to MEAN GIRLS cast album
 May 26 2018, 09:13:45 PM

Rainah said: "The lyrics are still awful. Legally Blonde imo was clever and fun. This is not clever."

Totally agree with this. The cast is incredibly talented, but the material is a disappointment. Part of the problem is that a lot of these songs depend on sight gags and don't really work as audio recordings without the visuals, but I also think a lot of them don't really work, period. The lyrics are cliche and often just... bad. In my opinion, the show is no

Unpopular Opinions
 May 23 2018, 05:54:49 PM

Aside from Grey Henson, who was fantastic, I don't think any of the Tony nominations for Mean Girls were deserved. A few of the songs were good, but most were bland and unoriginal. "Stop" is such a rip off of "Turn It Off" from Book of Mormon that I wondered if it was actually intended to be a parody of that number. I feel like the songs and the show in general played it safe too often when they could (and should) have pushed the envelope a little more. 

What's Next for Christian Borle?
 Jan 11 2018, 02:31:01 PM

With Charlie closing this week, what's next for Christian Borle? Does anyone know if he has any new projects lined up? 

Disney adaptations for the stage?
 Nov 29 2017, 07:11:49 PM

Hocus Pocus would be amazing. Someone else mentioned "The Parent Trap," and I would enjoy that as well. I think Toy Story could also do well. 

Another one I'd like, but I don't think it's Disney, is "Home Alone."

re: Your Top 5 LEAST Favorite Musicals
 Nov 25 2017, 11:42:09 PM

Fosse 

Matilda - Saw this one on tour, so maybe it was better on Broadway, but I couldn't understand the lyrics to any of the songs and the little girl playing Matilda kept switching between an American and British accent.

Hamilton

Kinky Boots - So many friends hyped this up as their favorite musical ever, so maybe I would have liked it better if I didn't go into it with such high expectations. I thought it was slow and I can't remember a single song.

Broadway Halloween costumes??
 Oct 8 2017, 11:48:29 AM

Charlie would be a great group costume (the kids, an Oompa Loompa, Willy Wonka, etc)

BOM - go with a friend and wear short sleeved white shirts with black ties and pants and backpacks. 

Next Musical based on a movie?
 Oct 7 2017, 10:34:36 PM

Cruel Intentions

American Pie

When Harry Met Sally

Dumb and Dumber

Now and Then

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Oct 3 2017, 11:23:46 PM

I am sure it's not the most overrated of all time, but I thought Kinky Boots was overrated. So many of my friends raved about it and I guess I was just expecting to like it a lot more than I actually did. I didn't find any of the songs particularly memorable and I just didn't think it was as funny or exciting as everyone hyped it up to be.

MEAN GIRLS to take the August Wilson
 Oct 3 2017, 07:39:01 PM

Regina is supposed to be effortlessly cool and confident. Taylor Louderman's Regina, with her affected, breathy voice and pageant hair, totally misses the mark. I also don't like how they changed the line from, "They're not ****," to "They're not idiots." This show isn't going to work if it tries to be PC. Part of what made the movie so true and relatable was how casually offensive The Plastics were without even thinking twice about it. I was

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You