News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for falsettoswasrobbed

Member Name: falsettoswasrobbed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best kick lines?
 Jan 28 2018, 05:09:41 PM
What are your favorite broadway dance numbers with kick lines in them?
Favorite Finales?
 Jan 24 2018, 03:58:48 PM

"One" from A Chorus Line hands down

looking for drowsy chaperone playbill
 Dec 28 2017, 12:50:45 PM
does anyone have a signedbdrowsy chaperone playbill (or poster) that they are willing to sell? thanks!
BEST MUSICAL OPENING NUMBER
 Oct 9 2017, 02:53:09 PM

prologue (literally any opening number called prologue always ends up being such a jam)

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Oct 9 2017, 02:50:55 PM

coreman009 said: "Natasha, Pierre, & The Great Comet of 1812......I will now get attacked by the stans."

i’m just curious, but what’s your reasoning? i don’t mean to attack you in any way and i don’t want to start anything, but i’ve seen it show up quite a few times on here but no one’s really explained it so i was just wondering :)

What Are Five Broadway Songs Guaranteed to Make You Cry?
 Oct 9 2017, 02:41:20 PM

children and art (sunday in the park)

words fail (deh)

no one else (great comet)

falsettoland reprise (falsettos)

telephone wire (fun home)

bonus: songs that make me cry not because of the emotions of the song, but simply because of the theatre magic

prologue (great comet)

once upon a december (anastasia)

lot of livin to do (bye bye birdie)

you will be found (deh)

once and for all (newsies)

Riedel on vultures circling ‘Great Comet’
 Aug 7 2017, 08:23:19 AM

i'm just really sad about this whole thing. and i reslly wanted to see nick and heath's (the other understudies) pierre.

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Aug 4 2017, 01:28:11 PM

After Eight said: ""I know it's early in the season, but The Great Comet might as well start clearing its shelf now for several Tony Awards."

Especially for the biggest one of all. I certainly wouldn't be surprised --- it meets all the critics' darling qualifications. But you never know. The critics are always on the lookout for new darlings to fawn over. There could be another of them coming down the pike. Dear Evan H

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
 Aug 2 2017, 04:48:29 PM

in addition to dave and scott the standby, there are also two understudies who haven't gone on yet. of course, that won't really help boost ticket sales, but at least they have plenty of people to play the role while they find someone else.

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET
 Jul 30 2017, 12:55:47 PM

it's going to hard to get a "big name" for ANYONE at this point. before this whole mess, i was concerned about who's going to replace lucas. now, he probably won't have a replacement.

maybe they should look for a big name to do a different character. at the end of the day, they practically have dave malloy on call, as well as the amazing standby and two perfectly capable understudies.

Center Orchestra Row C
 Jul 30 2017, 09:17:44 AM

I have a friend who is considering sitting in center orch row c and is wondering if the view is good. I have never sat in the orchestra so i don't know much. Any opinions?

Stage Right, Sunken Taverns
 Jul 26 2017, 06:42:10 PM

schubox said: "10086Sundays said: "schubox said: "Messytheatregirl said: "BC23!!! lol"

Thank you! Going on a whim to catch Patinkin. And I love Lucas Steele so I wanted that experience.
"

That isn't always the case.  I sat in BC23 and he didn't sit next to me.  

"

Eh, I'll be in the right area. I've seen the show twice so I'm happy to be

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
 Jul 26 2017, 05:33:29 PM

quizking101 said: "imeldasturn said: "How long before Patinkin starts beating cast members in character 

"

Dolokhov can stop him. He's a crazy good shot.

Not always.

"

Great Comet appropiate for kids?
 Jul 21 2017, 09:00:36 PM

it is actually quite easy to follow along with the plot. you might want to read a summary before hand, but it should be fine. the whole spectacle of it will be really fun. the last time i saw it, there was a nine year old girl right in my line of sight who was completely mesmerized by the show.

the female lead, natasha rostova, moves in a very disney princess-ish way that kids often fall in love with. lucas steele's role, anatole, is portrayed in a comedic way, almost like a russia

post your great comet experience!
 Jul 17 2017, 05:50:27 PM

i know that there's already a seating thread but that one is really to compare seats, not for sharing fun things that happened during the show.

so, what cool things did you experience when you saw great comet? (ex: did you get a letter? what did it say? who did the preshow speech for you?) i'll start.

the first time i saw it, i was sitting in the lower stage right tables in the sunken cavern. nick choksi (dolokhov) threw the dumplings. i got one! during the second c

Table TO
 Jul 17 2017, 05:43:37 PM

irishgator1 said: "haterobics said: "Family visiting from out of town are Ingrid fans, so is there anywhere specific to sit where you get more Sonya track/attention? Never followed that track as closely in my previous visits..."

I think I'm repeating what someone else said, and I only have perspective from the banquettes, but...I've sat stage left, second to last row of banquettes and first row of banquettes, both center aisle and got good Sonya

will phillippa soo return to great comet?
 Jul 16 2017, 12:03:57 PM

i've been thinking about that a lot. denée is most likely going to leave when her contract is up, so is it possible that pippa would replace her? i mean, she originated the role, and with amelie closing, she's not really doing anything. i think that would be good for great comet and pippa.

thoughts?

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jun 27 2017, 12:24:08 PM

recently i sent letters and fan art to the whole cast of desr evan hansen (i didn't request to have anything signed) so far, michael park filled out my questionnaire!

i haven't sent anything to great comet yet, but i plan on doing so soon! i have heard that they are very laid back and good with responding. 

My overall opinions
 Jun 27 2017, 11:36:53 AM

i'm a huge fan of comet! I've seen it twice - once in the lower stage right tables, and once in the rear mezz.

the lower stage right tables, i believe, were already talked about a bit on this thread. they're not exactly on stage, but they are above the orchestra. now, i know that some people had complaints, but i LOVED it! i got a lot of interaction! a dumpling was thrown to me by the amazing nick choksi, and i got an egg shaker! Denée came over to that area a lot. i

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You