News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bisous3

Member Name: bisous3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Legally Blonde Muny  Jun 7 2022, 01:52:30 PM

Glad I'm not the only one waiting for this cast list... mostly because I got hooked when watching all the video submissions on TikTok for the ensemble!  I can't imagine what the hold up is!

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 18 2021, 12:38:53 AM

Alexander Lamar said: "forfivemoreminutes said: "bisous3 said: "sppunk said: "Friends are at Company and 8 minutes in they puled the curtain and asked the cast to leave the stage. You can ad it to the quickly growing list of canceled shows.

Ironically they had Hamilton tickets for tonight … bad luck for them.
"

That happened during the re-opening of Six. Software issue apparently. But the dumb thing was that there's

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 18 2021, 12:35:28 AM

forfivemoreminutes said: "bisous3 said: "sppunk said: "Friends are at Company and 8 minutes in they puled the curtain and asked the cast to leave the stage. You can ad it to the quickly growing list of canceled shows.

"

That happened during the re-opening of Six. Software issue apparently. But the dumb thing was that there's no intermission in that show so

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 11:38:38 PM

sppunk said: "Friends are at Company and 8 minutes in they puled the curtain and asked the cast to leave the stage. You can ad it to the quickly growing list of canceled shows.

"

That happened during the re-opening of Six. Software issue apparently. But the dumb thing was that there's no intermission in that show so they could have just announced an intermission. Instead they a

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 04:57:32 PM

I'm thinking Radio City is done. Too many people to replace and only 2 weeks left to their run.

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 03:34:31 PM

Zoom calls being set up with producers and cast & crew for 4PM. This is not looking good. Hoping for just better protocols and they're wanting to calm everyone's fears.

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 02:57:38 PM

"It wasn't "if I had my way" that bothered me, but the entire, tone-deaf, selfish suggestion."

Unless they're going to do the bubble the way the NBA did and pay them as much as those players make!

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 12:01:37 PM

sassylash3s said: "I'm curious - does anyone know if any of the shows are able to get insurance to cover these performance cancellations? I believe that back in the before times, some of the shows had pandemic insurance that paid out when Broadway shut down. But given that these cancellations are now essentially inevitable, I'm guessing that it's no longer feasible."

The last I heard no such policy exists.

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 11:46:26 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "Radio city cancelled today Announcement shortly"

Yup. 30+ Rockettes tested positive. This is going to take a while for them to recover from.

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 12:49:42 AM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "They do rapid tests right before curtain because show producers don't want to pay people to go get tested on their own time, something Equity has been fighting for atleast the last month or so"

That SUCKS. It's going to kill ticket sales too. I sincerely hope the local audiences can sustain these shows until things calm to the point of not canceling. Tourists from out of state aren't going to want to risk it. 

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 17 2021, 12:41:03 AM

RippedMan said: "They can't test the cast/crew on their way out at night because that poses a HUGE concern for what happens on their travels home, during the day, on their travels to the theater. Not sure if the call times for the cast have changed, but usually most of them aren't required to be there until 30min before curtain. So not sure how testing works. Are they now called much earlier to the show and just have to wait around to test everyone?"

But that

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 16 2021, 11:05:03 PM

Doubtfire canceled by 4PM I think, allowing audience members to get tickets for something else or for most to not leave their homes to find out it was canceled when they arrived at the theater. I don't know why the timing of the testing can't be as such that everyone tests before leaving the theater at night so they know for the next day what the deal is. Imagine flying in to NYC to see certain shows, only to have them cancel. 

Best Guess for Funny Girl Preview Dates?  Aug 13 2021, 11:56:32 PM

Ah ok.. thanks Taffy. That's very helpful!

Best Guess for Funny Girl Preview Dates?  Aug 13 2021, 11:37:40 PM

Assuming that April 2nd is their opening night I'm trying to figure out when previews would start.

Best Guess for Funny Girl Preview Dates?  Aug 13 2021, 10:49:32 PM

Probably too soon but does anyone want to venture a guess as to when Funny Girl will start previews? Going to be in NYC second week in March..if there's some chance that previews will be happening I will leave a night free and not get tickets for anything and wait to buy for that. Otherwise I normally get my tickets pretty well in advance. 

I've searched and can't seem to find any specific dates other than "opening in April."

Thanks!

Six UK At Drive-In  Jun 30 2020, 02:29:15 AM

I sincerely hope they're at least trying to look into doing this here.. you've got both the Broadway and NCL casts..they could tour the U.S. and Canada and do the drive ins.. it would employ some people at least! And if Equity has an issue they can figure out a way to put income in the pockets of those casts. 

Aaron Tveit has tested positive (BUT IS OK!)  Mar 27 2020, 01:11:29 AM

Apparently there's now in the neighborhood of 14 people associated with Moulin Rouge that have tested positive. Wishing them and all the others dealing with this virus a full and speedy recovery. 

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 12 2019, 10:38:45 PM

Quoting my friend's Facebook status: “not only was the show absolutely awful, they do not announce at any time before the performance  that you many not leave to use the restroom! We stood in line outside for 35 minutes in the cold to get in…only to have our actual tickets not work, we had to then get back in line once again! No time to use the restroom. Two of us got up halfway through and went out the back between numbers only to be told once out that we w

Lara Spencer Laughs at boys in ballet  Aug 25 2019, 09:12:06 PM

I actually tweeted Rahm Emanuel today and suggested he school George about boys in ballet class since Emanuel was appearing on his show  (not necessarily on air... in private would have been fine too) and a friend DM'ed me and suggested I listen again because George did say "good for him" but was sort of drowned out by the laughter. 

For anyone who says "what does this have to do with Broadway?" I would just like to say if you have b

Moulin Rouge Preshow  Aug 25 2019, 08:57:21 PM

The doors open at around 30-40 minutes prior. When you enter you will just see some of the performers posed... and as the time goes on a few more go out. They don't do a whole lot more than just sort of pose and stare out to the audience, occasionally changing position. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You