Legally Blonde Muny

allthatjazz4
#1Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 9:34am

Any updates on the muny legally blonde cast??? I feel like we should know by now. Maybe some sort of celebrity cast. Any insight?

Elspeth3
#2Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 12:53pm

I heard that they told donors that a relative newcomer, who is currently playing a royal in a national tour, has been cast as Elle. The fact that they still haven't announced though is making me think that maybe its not a done deal. Don't know anything about the rest of the cast.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#3Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 1:24pm

Very curious to hear casting news for this. Based on Elspeth's response, that would likely mean it's the current Anastasia? All of the other Muny productions have released cast lists - including ones premiering after LB. There was a ton of fanfare for this specific production (TikTok dance calls, etc), so it's clear they want to make a splash with it, which is why I'm surprised they've posted nothing - except for a tease on their socials that just wound up being for the two dogs (don't get me wrong, they're great dogs!) 

Renee Rapp had been posting a lot of LB related things on her various social media accounts and then promptly stopped - would love to see her as Vivian. Perhaps just wishful thinking on my part. I hope they announce something soon! All the delays make me wonder if an initial casting fell through or was stalled...

Updated On: 5/31/22 at 01:24 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#4Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 2:10pm

Does anyone know the average salary is for a star performer at the muny

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#5Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 2:24pm

base pay is $1000 for ensemble.

Cori2016
#6Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 2:47pm

Based on that clue, I would guess someone currently in Six. Perhaps Jasmine Forsberg?

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#7Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 3:43pm

Cori2016 said: "Based on that clue, I would guess someone currently in Six. Perhaps Jasmine Forsberg?"

See, that's what I thought first. Is it worth leaving a National Tour to do a regional job for a couple of week? I don't know. The term "royal" makes sense if it is the current Anastasia, some one from Frozen, etc.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 3:49pm

Anastasia is a non-eq production, so I doubt they'd pull from that. 

But it could be lucrative. It's a huge venue and I'm sure a leading role could get $5K or so for a couple of weeks. And it's a good resume booster. I'd imagine the pay is good since they get a lot of famous people. 

AEA AGMA SM
#9Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 5/31/22 at 4:42pm

fashionguru_23 said: "See, that's what I thought first. Is it worth leaving a National Tour to do a regional job for a couple of week? I don't know. The term "royal" makes sense if it is the current Anastasia, some one from Frozen, etc."

It's not unheard for producers to grant someone the two to three weeks leave of absence to do a short-term gig like the Muny. I know several people who have done it in the past, or will be granted leave to choreograph or direct a short-term gig. Provided enough notice is given producers are often willing to work with people for things like this, especially if it's someone they like and want to keep around long-term, as it builds some good will between the two.

bisous3
#10Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/7/22 at 1:52pm

Glad I'm not the only one waiting for this cast list... mostly because I got hooked when watching all the video submissions on TikTok for the ensemble!  I can't imagine what the hold up is!

beatofthedrum27
#11Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/7/22 at 3:15pm

Elspeth3 said: "I heard that they told donors that a relative newcomer, who is currently playing a royal in a national tour, has been cast as Elle. The fact that they still haven't announced though is making me think that maybe its not a done deal. Don't know anything about the rest of the cast."

I don’t know why. But I’m getting McKenzie Kurtz vibes 👀

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#12Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 7:43am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Kyla-Stone-Patti-Murin-and-More-Will-Lead-LEGALLY-BLONDE-at-the-Muny-20220609

Cast list has been announced! Looks like we are still waiting for Vivian. 

“The Muny announced today that Kyla Stone, Fergie Phillipe, Patti MurinSean Allan KrillHayley PodschunDan TracyKelsey Anne Brown, Khailah Johnson, Gabi Campo and Kerri George will star in the musical comedy Legally Blonde, The Musical, July 25 - July 31, 2022.”

Updated On: 6/9/22 at 07:43 AM

hearthemsing22
#13Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 8:09am

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Kyla-Stone-Patti-Murin-and-More-Will-Lead-LEGALLY-BLONDE-at-the-Muny-20220609

Cast list has been announced! Looks like we are still waiting for Vivian.

“The Muny announced today that Kyla Stone, Fergie Phillipe,Patti Murin,Sean Allan Krill,Hayley Podschun,Dan Tracy,Kelsey Anne Brown, Khailah Johnson,Gabi CampoandKerri Georgewill star in the musical comedy Legally Blonde, The Musical, July 25 - July 31, 2022.”

"

Oop. Didn’t even notice they didn’t announce a Vivian! Hm. 

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#14Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 10:48am

Not as exciting as hoped.  No excite or intrigue. 

What other creative teams could be exciting for a Broadway revival with great casting?  This one seems to have deflated. 

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#15Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 11:08am

CoffeeBreak said: "Not as exciting as hoped. No excite or intrigue.

What other creative teams could be exciting for a Broadway revival with great casting? This one seems to have deflated.
"

What would you have considered exciting casting? I've learned to never doubt The Muny

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#16Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 11:42am

Was the Vivian casting what held this up?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#17Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 12:23pm

This casting seems.... underwhelming. 

BroadwayBen
#18Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 1:57pm

I think this is an amazing cast.   Fergie is a stroke of genius.   And Patti Murin...brilliant. 

lucynewlife
#19Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 9:05pm

Kyla Stone was great in Anastasia. Definitely hard to make a poorly written character like Anya work, but she did a lot with the role to make it better.

jakethesnake
#20Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 10:58pm

I also find it exciting that they cast a person of color to play the role (yes I know they have done the same in the UK), plus another POC to play Emmett.  I’m glad that we are not getting more of the same old same old.  For the couple of people who find this casting “underwhelming”, what were you expecting?   This is summer stock in St. Louis, not a Broadway revival.  

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#21Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/9/22 at 11:04pm

RippedMan said: "base pay is $1000 for ensemble."

Is this real?  That's not good at all.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

AEA AGMA SM
#22Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/10/22 at 12:18am

blaxx said: "RippedMan said: "base pay is $1000 for ensemble."

Is this real? That's not good at all.
"

AEA minimum for the MSUA contract that the Muny operates under is $1155. And if you think that's low you should see some of the minimums actors are working for in New York (Off-Broadway, Mini, etc, not to even go into the whole scam the Showcase Code is)

Quinn Wilson
#23Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/10/22 at 5:35am

EllieRose2 said: "This casting seems.... underwhelming."

No it is great casting. Kyla Stone is a brilliant singer and performer and we should absolutely celebrate this. Patti Murin was a weird turn for me, but I’m all about it. Why is it underwhelming to you? 

Quinn Wilson
#24Legally Blonde Muny
Posted: 6/10/22 at 5:35am

EllieRose2 said: "This casting seems.... underwhelming."

No it is great casting. Kyla Stone is a brilliant singer and performer and we should absolutely celebrate this. Patti Murin was a weird turn for me, but I’m all about it. Why is it underwhelming to you?