News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for paper_cliche

Member Name: paper_cliche
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 3 2018, 11:01:34 PM

wish i were here2 said: "https://instagram.com/p/BfxEWPfngZa/"

the great comet reopening with a high school production

Will great comet ever come back?
 Aug 31 2017, 03:33:01 PM

^ I can see Comet doing a lot better in London actually. With all its quirks and anachronisms that gave it the Broadway cult following, I can see the West End flocking to this. Maybe not the best example but think Starlight Express -- loud, quirky, immersive, and costly... flop in the US but record breaking in London.

I can also see this having a much easier time touring than almost any other show.  The production has gone through so many different setups, seating charts, and

What good musicals for drunks and potheads
 Jul 25 2017, 05:05:28 PM

First time I saw Great Comet, I was BLITZED and had on-stage seating at a sunken barstool feet behind Josh Groban. Everyone in the theater could see me which felt weird because I was trying to stop myself from laughing during the whole thing. I failed several times, most memorably before The Duel... Anatole's spandex butt was near my face and when he turned around and winked at me, I lost it. Also, those light bulbs are MAGIC.

Okieriete Onaodowan to Replace Josh Groban in THE GREAT COMET
 Jul 12 2017, 05:44:30 PM

PaulWom said: "I was there last night, and in my opinion, he was probably the best Pierre I've ever seen. Acts circles around Groban, that's for sure, and has a much more beautiful, soaring voice than Dave does (unexpectedly- at least for me, I've never heard him sing except in a low range- his high notes could make Norm Lewis blush!)"

I think it's kinda cool how all 3 Pierres interpret the character in such different ways (haven't seen

The Great Comet afterlife
 Jul 12 2017, 12:57:02 AM

Weird theory but maybe it will work the other way around, where the dinner theater style seating will be recycled with different characters/stories. Seems like that's what these guys had in mind, if not just a blatant rip-off: https://thisstage.la/2016/10/notes-from-a-scenic-designer-matthew-steinbrenner-on-scorsese-american-crime-requiem/

*However, the staging for that show proves a show like Great Comet could tour with a slightly downsized set.

Ingrid Michaelson to play Sonya in GREAT COMET
 Jul 7 2017, 03:51:35 AM

I saw Ingrid tonight. She is a very different Sonya than Brittain Ashford's (who I have also seen), but that was inevitable since Brittain's voice is so unique. I thought she was amazing -- it was only her third show but I thought she really made the role her own. She was a more sprightly/jovial Sonya -- like I want to say her character was a Sonya/Natasha hybrid -- and she REALLY knows how to belt certain notes that filled up the entire theater in a way that only Josh Groban could wh

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You