News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HiredMan

Member Name: HiredMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anne frank the musical
 Sep 26 2019, 03:24:57 PM

A musical already exists of this that played off broadway (at Playhouse 91 I think) in the 80s called Yours, Anne written by Enid Futterman & Michael Cohen. They subsequently turned it into a concert work/oratorio-like thing and I believe Andrea Marcovicci recorded that as "I Am Anne Frank". 

I did not see it as it was before my time, but the score is quite lovely. It's a very tasteful, plaintive telling of the events, nowhere near as garish as calling it Anne Fr

Next for the Sondheim Theatre
 Aug 25 2019, 06:59:45 PM
Mrs doubtfire is going into the Sondheim
Sia Musical
 Jun 4 2019, 03:33:03 PM

ALSO THIS:

https://theshed.org/program/5-dragon-spring-phoenix-rise

Next New LCT Musical?
 May 12 2019, 04:31:03 PM

I hear they'll be doing the James Lapine/Michael Korie/Tom Kitt Show about LSD in the Mitzi next year I think. so that's new. 

Norma Rae- The Musical
 Nov 27 2018, 02:59:12 PM

Her husband, John Leventhal is writing the music. interested to see if this ever happens

How will Eddie Perfect do it?
 Sep 7 2018, 01:46:34 PM

Eddie has written only 4 songs for King Kong, the rest are taken care of by Marius DeVries and whatever else stuck from the previous incarnations. I think he'll have a busy couple of months but it's not like he's written two massive works that will need his constant attention. Also, both shows have music depts. and they usually do all the heavy lifting anyway.

I'm excited to see both shows-- Perfect wrote a fairly witty and tuneful if slightly sophomoric,

Playwrights Horizons 2018-2019 Season
 Feb 14 2018, 07:43:59 PM

I'm excited about A Strange Loop-- Michael R. Jackson is one of the more exciting & original young writers working in musical theater right now, and I'm thrilled PH is giving him a major production. 

Worst cast albums
 Nov 28 2017, 03:53:36 PM

The Flowers for Algernon cast album has horrible sound quality and either bad playing or bad orchestrations. It's a weird score/show to begin with and on the whole you can tell there's something attractive in there, but lord, it just sounds dated and the band sounds real tired.

also the Little Fish album is disappointing. The entire cast loses their pitches en masse in the opening number (2:00-2:33) and just sound exhausted. It's a very interesting sco

Dave the Musical
 Sep 5 2017, 11:15:23 AM

Back to Dave, The Musical--

I hear it's happening at a regional theater (where it would make sense, given its subject matter) in the next season.  BUT who ever knows about these things.

What good musicals for drunks and potheads
 Jul 25 2017, 01:27:43 PM

I saw Aida high several times, It was a really amazing thing to see high.

also Rock of Ages, very very drunk.

& Suzanne Somers' The Blonde in the Thunderbird, was surreal.

spider man too. 

Musicals with bluegrass feel?
 Jul 10 2017, 04:43:17 PM

The Burnt Part Boys

Hard Times Musical?
 Jul 7 2017, 03:32:46 PM

there is a workshop happening in Toronto right now, with a book by Craig Lucas, Jason Howland adapting Stephen Foster tunes with new lyrics by Nathan Tysen; Moises Kaufman is directing and Bill T. Jones is choreographing. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You