News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lordofanime

Member Name: lordofanime
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked on Broadway worth it after seeing tour?
 Sep 3 2017, 11:00:36 AM

dramamama611 said: "
It sounds like you really WANT to see Wicked, but are seeking approval. The only person that matters is you."

I'm starting to come around to that conclusion. Haha! 

Any seat recommendations for the Gershwin? 

Sep 3 2017, 10:58:53 AM

dramamama611 said: "1.there are always a lot of closings near labor and the again the first of theyear - so you are coming during a dry spell

2. For someone that doesn't get to see Broadway frequently, I'd say go with something brand newto you, so, therefore Come From Away if you can get tix.

3. Not sure why you aren't interested in still seeing DEH...did you have tix? No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
"

1. Yeah.. The sad part of traveling in October VS July.. You miss a lot of good shows.

2. But see, that's the exact opposite for me.. If Come From Away is touring, I can just go see it whenever it's on tour. But I don't go to NYC often, so that's why I kind of prefer going to a big production as opposed to a small one.

3. I did some extensive research on DEH's plot, and I kind of hated the story... I was only going to see the show for Ben Platt's Performance and when they announced that he wouldn't be performing, I lost interest in seeing the show. I can just read the script that was released. 

Sep 3 2017, 10:54:05 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "That picture is not Wickedatthe Gershwin; this is:

It's a monstrous, iconic production. In terms of the show's content, you'll be seeing the very same thing as you saw on the tour, but there are a few small technical differences between the tour and the Broadway production. Broadway's current Elphaba, Jackie Burns, is beyond incredible.

Generally speaking, Ihighly recommend the wonderfulCome From Away

Sep 3 2017, 10:45:50 AM

Visceral_Fella said: "
The current Elphaba is turning out amazing performances, and if you saw the show in 2015 then she is not who you saw on tour. Not sure about the Glinda. The current Madame Morrible is quite good as well."

Yeah the Elphaba we saw that night on the tour was the standby and I can safely say that she did not turn out a great performance, completely dropped the ball when it came to belting out.. Who is the current Elphaba? Burns? Do you know ho

Sep 3 2017, 05:13:19 AM

I just saw this image.... Is this really what it's like in person?! surprise

Sep 3 2017, 04:58:02 AM

Hi all, 

With the whole kurfufle involving DEH and Platt happening, my friend and I now have 1 day open during our trip to NYC. We're having a hard time deciding which musical to go see. Dolly is out of the question, and GHD is closing before we get there... 

We're now left with 2 options. Come from Away and Wicked. We've seen Wicked in Denver a couple of years ago (summer 2015), but I've heard that its a different experience in the original theater on

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
 Sep 1 2017, 06:17:58 PM

JayElle said: "I spoke to a supervisor at 4pm. There's always one on. Call back if u get told none r there"

Supervisors were instructed to tell us that they can't refund us... Anymore after that 1 happy hour.

Sep 1 2017, 05:16:24 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "^Yup I'm goingto try to swap it for Meteor Shower. Plus don't call them. Their lines are swapped. I'm going to try to call them again after my homework lol"

Yep! Was on hold waiting for an agent for 15 minutes before hanging up... Went on twitter and some people are saying that they've been waiting 30+ minutes.. 

Sep 1 2017, 04:05:26 PM

Complete BS.

I called Telecharge and asked for a refund. They said that they had been instructed by the production to NOT refund any tickets... AFTER that they told me that they gave a ton of refunds for the first hour after the announcement before getting the memo from the production company.... Totally unfair! 

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
 Aug 9 2017, 02:00:34 PM

I'm not happy at all with Let It Go being the act 1 breaker... 

Couldn't we get a new song where all the characters sing right after Elsa freezes Anna's heart? It could be Elsa singing about what's she done, Anna singing about doubting her feelings for Hans cause of Kristoff, Kristoff singing about Anna, and Hans also singing in this song? Think "Esmeralda" from the Hunchback score... I would have loved that. 

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
 Jul 21 2017, 08:59:39 AM

I've got tickets to see the very last show of this musical in Denver! I'm super excited!

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
 Jul 14 2017, 05:40:17 PM

DearEvanHansen said: 

Having seen Ben, Colton and Michael as Evan, I can tell you that they are all phenomenal. I'm not saying this just to say it, I truly think so! So if you happen to find out that Ben won't be there (which I think is quite unlikely given your date) just enjoys the show! :) cheers 

"

Awesome! Thanks! That's what I'm planning on doing! I paid for good seats, so I'm just gonna relax and e

Jul 14 2017, 05:16:08 PM

LesWickedly said: "Why wouldn't he perform that day? Unless he's sick or on vacation (unlikely), he'll be there. Nobody on these boards has a spreadsheet of when he'll be out of the show. Only public thing is that he's out this week and there's a good chance he'll be out any major Jewish holidays.

"

Thanks for the response. I just checked and there's a major holiday on the 5th and the 6th... So who knows.. I guess I'll just hope for the best, nothing I can do about it now except look forward to the show!

Jul 14 2017, 04:32:13 PM

Hi all, 

So I've been lurking around the forum for the past few weeks just reading messages, but I finally decided to join! 

I just had a question. So I had a trip planned to go the US (I live overseas) and I shifted the whole trip and shaped it around this musical cause I really wanted to see it. I managed to get a couple of seats for the matinee on October 4th (Wednesday).... naturally since I'll be flying over 22 hours.. I wanted to ask if anyone knew if Ben

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You