News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Someone, Somewhere

Someone, Somewhere Profile Photo
Member Name: Someone, Somewhere
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!
 Jul 27 2017, 12:34:47 AM

Here are my two cents about this... 

The Twitterverse is insane. It's really just a business move and I understand some people don't have the knowledge we share on the boards. With that being said... I feel terrible for the show and those involved because those uneducated people will try anything (and really anything) to ruin it's name now. (Sort of surprised theatre "celebrities" are hopping on board.)

Look, the same thing happens all the time. (I bel

Riedel on ROBIN HOOD Musical Possibly Coming to Broadway
 Jul 18 2017, 08:54:45 PM

RippedMan,

There was indeed. It was titled "The Heart of Robin Hood" and never made it onto Broadway due to absurdly low ticket sales. It did very well in Toronto, where it had its try-out, but never made the leap although the producers initially "postponed" the engagement. It received mixed-to-positive reviews, but didn't have the appeal for a five month limited run apparently. 

It starred Gabriel Ebert fresh off his Tony win and I was very excited to see him, as well as the show, back onstage. I've attached a highlight reel. It looks like it could have been a simple, cute night at the theatre. 

The Heart of Robin Hood

1984 - Audience Experiences
 Jul 18 2017, 12:50:13 PM

It seems to me that this is great publicity for the show.

While it may not be selling out, there seems to be an audience for it as reflected in the grosses. As I said before, people are still discussing this topic on Facebook and spreading the word of the show. There certainly was a boost following opening night (when these articles began to surface). 

1984 - Audience Experiences
 Jul 18 2017, 12:41:54 PM

These past few weeks I've seen the attached article all over my Facebook wall and am curious as to how much of it is true, or how much of it is exaggerated. 

I have tickets to see the show from the front Dress Circle next week and have been excited for this production since tickets first went on sale. I'm not one to be squeamish and know what's ahead, so I'm sure I'll be fine when the time comes. But... I'm curious how those who are unprepared, or those who are squeamish, really respond.

Were there any interesting responses from the audience when you attended 1984? 

"Stage version of '1984' makes audiences faint, vomit, scream"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You