News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for comets

Member Name: comets
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hollywood Stars We Haven’t Seen On Broadway
 Aug 8 2022, 08:27:15 PM

I'd pay to see Amber Heard and Johnny Depp in Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf. They add a scene where she craps the bed during drinks. 

Kelly Anne Conway and Jon Voight attend Hello Dolly
 Jul 3 2019, 09:30:34 PM

Casting directors take notice, Kelly Anne Conway and Jon Voight as Dolly and Horace. 

Catholic High School Musical Choices
 Jun 24 2019, 08:48:46 PM

My Catholic high school did Assassins and Les Miserables. Looking back, I'm not sure how they got away with that. 

Does anyone ever do these failed musicals?
 May 8 2019, 05:22:42 PM

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "What about Brooklyn?"

I adored Brooklyn. It was one of the first shows I had ever seen as a teenager. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/14/19
 Apr 16 2019, 05:30:36 AM

NYCblurb said: "hveasey said: "I wonder if Cher being on tour is also cutting into the show's grosses. I know if I were a tourist who loved Cher, I'd be more likely to spend my money to see her perform near me than spend the money on the Broadway show."

That's a REALLY good point. Most other jukebox musicals have been about subjects who are either dead, not performing regularly, or a disbanded musical group.

---

Good poi

Locked Cell Phones During Shows
 Nov 2 2018, 10:01:51 PM

I just saw a stand-up performance for Aziz Ansari and our phones were locked in pouches during the show by this company called Yondr. After the show staff unlocked the phones with a separate device. 

We know that regardless of how many times people are told, they'll continue to keep their phones on loud/video the shows or text.  Would it ever work on Broadway? It was nice to not have to worry about people texting during the show. 

KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
 Oct 25 2018, 08:59:51 PM

Let's hope it goes smoother than Network's change on telecharge. 

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Jul 15 2018, 12:13:36 PM

Thanks, I picked up a ticket for the 9th/10th!

GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER to Open at the Belasco in 2018
 Jul 10 2018, 02:24:35 PM

I still have no interest even at $16.95. 

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
 Jul 9 2018, 07:12:40 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and always thought it should be on Broadway. As time passed though, I became less and less interested in seeing in. If Karen Olivo remains with the show to Broadway, I would gladly pick up a ticket just to see her. 

Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
 Jul 4 2018, 07:31:16 PM

The mezzanine of the Shubert was one of the highest squeezes for my poor legs. The only good thing was that I was mesmerized by Bette in Dolly that it was well worth it. 

My Fair Lady Cast Replacements/Absences
 Jul 2 2018, 05:47:17 PM

I saw Michael Halling in for HHP at the Saturday matinee. Not that I have anything to compare it to, but he did a great job. If I had to miss either of the two leads, I'd rather it have been him. 

Public Theatre Membership
 Jun 12 2018, 06:07:07 PM

I really want a chance to get the best tickets and seats for The Girl from North Country. Is it worth it to become a member in order to get access to the tickets earlier or do you think I won't have a problem waiting for them to go on sale to the general public? 

I see members get discount tickets, does anyone know how much it is? 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/6/18
 May 7 2018, 08:06:21 PM

I'm shocked that School of Rock is still open. I had assumed it had closed months ago. 

Spongebob- enjoyable for adult not bringing kids?
 May 6 2018, 11:22:48 AM

I'm 30 and got a ticket to see it myself at the end of the month. I say do it the only thing you'll have to lose is money!

Question about stubhub for broadway tickets
 May 2 2018, 08:28:07 PM

The cheapest ticket for Friday's Three Tall Women is now $750, you cannot help believe that is' so fake. I could take a 5 days cruise for that. For that amount of money, Laurie Metcalf should invite me over for dinner. 

Increased Sales
 May 2 2018, 08:14:48 PM

Will shows like Spongebob who have only been doing see a gross spike due to the Tony Awards or does it usually happen only when the show wins awards?  I know that I bought a ticket to the show and can't imagine that I'm the only one. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/4/18
 Mar 5 2018, 08:01:13 PM

What is keeping School of Rock open? 

LOBBY HERO Previews
 Mar 2 2018, 06:16:23 AM

Thanks for the update on the first preview. I'm seeing it next Saturday so I'm very excited now. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/25/18
 Feb 26 2018, 08:10:13 PM

Anyways, who was the target audience for the John Lithgow show? Shocked it did as well as it did. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You