pixeltracker

Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra

Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra

silverbelle11
#1Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 4:37pm

Hi everyone!

I am new to seeing theater shows, first one was "Hamilton" and that definitely sparked my interest further! I am planning on seeing "To Kill a Mockingbird" and am wondering if the Orchestra seating is raised at the Shubert Theater? I saw tickets for row F or G center but if the seating would make the view difficult I also saw seats in the Mezzanine left and the Mezzanine right in the first three rows for either. Anyone know about the raised seating in Orchestra section? 

Also, I searched around the thread and maybe I wasn't diligent enough but I did not see anything on this topic yet so I apologize if this was already posted about. 

Thank you in advance!

Updated On: 7/4/18 at 04:37 PM

scarlet721
#2Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 4:40pm

i'd be wary of the last 3 rows of the mezz at the Shubert, I often find the balcony overhang low and some of the top of the stage was not visible.  

haven't been in the orchestra at the Shubert for a while, but have to admit that i don't remember it being very raked.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#3Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 4:40pm

The Orchestra of the Shubert slopes gently upward (closest to the stage is the lowest, back of the theater is just a little bit higher), unlike the Rodgers, where the seating is Stadium-style (with each row basically its own step on a stair case)

Orchestra (that close) for Mockingbird should be great seats!

silverbelle11
#4Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 5:35pm

Thank you Scarlet721 and aasjb4ever for your responses! I am glad to hear that the seating has some sort of lift as the rows progress. I am only 5'2' so I'll need the extra height! I will definitely avoid the mezzanine then and stick with the orchestra!  :)

Updated On: 7/4/18 at 05:35 PM

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#5Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 5:37pm

Both of my parents are pretty short, and we've never had any trouble with Orchestra at the Shubert. The sloping of the floor is enough that pretty much anyone should be able to see the action onstage!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 5:42pm

The front mezz is great in almost every theater. Actually my favorite place to sit

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#7Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 5:59pm

silverbelle11 said: "Thank you Scarlet721 and aasjb4ever for your responses! I am glad to hear that the seating has some sort of lift as the rows progress. I am only 5'2' so I'll need the extra height! Iwill definitely avoid the mezzanine then and stick with the orchestra! :)"

Booster seats are your best friend! They have them in every theater as long as you kindly ask the ushers :) Always use them if you're short or very close to the stage.

silverbelle11
#8Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 6:30pm

Thank you msmp, dramamama611, and dearalanaaaa for the extra confirmation. I heard that mezzanine is great if you get the first couple of rows but seeing as I cannot find any front and center, I think I will stick with orchestra. They are the same price surprisingly enough for the day I want. And haha! I thought booster seats were just for kids! Glad to know I can use them too if needed and no one will get mad! 

comets
#9Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 7:31pm

The mezzanine of the Shubert was one of the highest squeezes for my poor legs. The only good thing was that I was mesmerized by Bette in Dolly that it was well worth it. 

silverbelle11
#10Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/4/18 at 8:34pm

Thanks comets! I decided on orchestra but will keep that in mind the next time I attend Shubert theater!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/5/18 at 7:16am

The fact that the front mezz is always the same price as the orchestra tells you they are great seats! And a fab place for short peeps! (Not trying to change your mind, just giving you info.)

As you try out different places in the theater, you'll find out your own preferences.

As a general rule, avoid extreme sides of you can.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

matt1982
#12Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/5/18 at 8:35am

I sat Row R Center Orchestra for Dolly and they were excellent seats!  You will enjoy orchestra seats here!

silverbelle11
#13Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/5/18 at 6:28pm

Thank you dramamama611 and matt1982. I was actually speaking with two co-workers who are avid theater goers and even they said they bought seats in the mezzanine for the show. One prefers orchestra but because of pricing went with mezzanine and the other likes mezzanine so she can see more as she is even shorter than me and uses a booster seat as well. I am glad to hear that there isn't a bad seat in the theater except the far sides. Thank you all for your opinions, they are very much appreciated. The show is all the way in November but I'll be sure to update you guys on how it went!

AlexandraCoombs Profile Photo
AlexandraCoombs
#14Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/5/18 at 8:58pm

I saw Hello Dolly last week Left Orch Row K and it was great. It was my first time in that theatre and any seat in the orchestra looked good since it does kinda slope up

taylortrensch Profile Photo
taylortrensch
#15Shubert Theater Raised Seating Orchestra
Posted: 7/7/18 at 3:06am

I saw Dolly this past Tuesday and sat in row K of side right orchestra. I was kind of nervous because I'm very short (barely 5 ft) and I had a great view thanks to the raised seating even though the person in front of me was definitely taller than I am. 

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye