News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaywrldmember6853

Member Name: bwaywrldmember6853
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gaten Matarazzo Joining Broadway’s DEAR EVAN HANSEN
 May 27 2022, 05:52:24 PM

Great casting! For anyone who has seen the show recently (the last time I saw it was back in 2017) - did they get rid of Jared's "school shooter chic" line? It didn't land well in 2017. I hope they have got rid of it since.

Beetlejuice Musical's Future in Question After Broadway's Coronavirus Shutdown Extends Through June
 Apr 19 2020, 08:19:18 PM
Why are people so adamant on this show re-opening? Yes, it is terrible that it’s cast and crew are out of work. I do not like that part. But sometimes it’s best to let shows be. It’ll have a good life in community and regional theatres, I’m sure.
Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
 Apr 16 2020, 12:06:46 AM
I find this whole thing so disturbing. I feel terrible for Sophia and her family. Beetlejuice’s fanbase is toxic to say the least. I find it disgusting that none of her co-stars tried to put a stop to the blatant cyber bullying she endured after departing the show.
New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso ) ee
 Apr 9 2020, 03:30:42 PM
I enjoyed Beetlejuice, but I feel at this point, even if there is/was an opportunity to transfer, they should not. The subject matter of the show is not what the city needs after this is all said and done. Thinking of Alex Brightman singing The Whole Being Dead Thing to an audience full of mourning citizens once this is all over makes me cringe.
New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso )
 Feb 27 2020, 12:49:24 AM

Hey Tommymac2, are you the person who just joined Reddit on the 26th posting in r/broadway stating that Julia Nightingale has been cast as Lydia? 

New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso )
 Feb 25 2020, 04:35:35 PM
I find it really interesting that you mentioned Julia Nightingale. As incredibly talented as I think she is and she would probably be great for the role, you don’t usually see her name around the boards as she is up & coming. So, I feel like you know someone personally and are stirring up conversation for a purpose. And you just joined today...But I could be wrong!
Mental illness and working in theatre
 Sep 10 2019, 08:32:50 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "It's a vicious circle - people with depression and anxiety (as in, actual mood disorders, not just a temporary state) tend to gravitate towards the arts, and yet...the arts - at least in the professional sense -tendto make those disorders worse with the kind of lifestyle it involves, not to mention the whole baring your soul and then being rejected over and over again thing.

As I approach middle age as an actor - and as someone with the

Mental illness and working in theatre
 Sep 10 2019, 08:31:11 PM
Yes to all of this. I love that this discussion is happening on here. The only thing that worries me is that people have become wildly too flexible with the word mental illness. You can have anxiety / feel depressed and not have clinical depression or generalized anxiety disorder. I just think it’s important that the people who do choose to use their platform to speak out about it do it with care and responsibility. For mental illnesses that are truly a chemical imbalance, you can’t just fix it
Legally Blonde Audition
 Aug 25 2019, 09:35:36 PM

When I went in for Legally Blonde, I sang "Where Am I Now" from Lysistrata Jones, I also considered "One Perfect Moment" from Bring it On, which is also a good selection for Elle. I would advise not to sing from the show unless they specifically ask for that. Break a leg! I ended up getting cast as Serena, however, Elle Woods was double cast in our production. Both girls were fabulous, (one is studying music theatre at NYU currently), had two completely different interpret

Incident at 8/6 TKAM
 Aug 7 2019, 12:43:22 AM
from a facebook commenter —

“I was at the to kill a mockingbird performance tonight in one of the box seats with my sister.

It was the final scene and all of a sudden the back of the orchestra area began to run and scream in a panic; I too ran. It was all so chaotic but by the time I hopped out of my chair and went down the small staircase, crowds of people ran up causing me to go back to the box area. I crouched down and stayed low. I didn’t pay attention to the actors on sta

The Luckiest at La Jolla Playhouse
 Aug 2 2019, 06:14:54 PM
I was in California over the past week & was able to catch The Luckiest at La Jolla Playhouse and fell in love with it. Did anybody else here happen to see it ?? I would love to see this play have another life after this.
broadway stars on twitter
 Jul 10 2019, 02:23:09 AM

This will most likely get deleted, but, broadway starts fighting with fans on twitter -- why? And why will nobody ever put anyone in their place? I am not even going to mention the name of the person who I most frequently see do this because I know this thread will then be deleted for certain, but tonight Rob McClure of all people went in on this girl for saying she wished she could take McClure's performance in Spamalot & combine it with Brian Darcy James voice and look. Sh

MITB Tony's Reactions
 Jun 10 2019, 01:39:57 AM
Totally agree...I feel like the entire cast / creative’s (specifically producer Tepper) true colors have come out out since nominations. If George was nominated he would’ve probably loved the parody

Jun 10 2019, 01:06:59 AM
George Salazar is certainly not happy about it on Twitter
BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews
 May 3 2019, 01:59:52 PM

I'm having a hard time getting into the new cast recording. I agree that everything sounds super polished and smooth, but that's almost why I don't like it...I prefer the grit that came with the first recording. I prefer Will Connoly over Will Roland (I still don't understand this change for broadway, unless Connoly just had something else booked?). I think George sounds tired on the new album. I think the autotune in smartphone hour is painful...And before anyone accuses me o

Thank you!
 May 2 2019, 02:15:11 AM

I just want to say thank you. I know this is sappy and nobody will probably read this, but this message board means a lot to me. I know a lot of people hate the boards and they can be super frustrating and ridiculous at times, but I always find joy getting on here. I have dealt with severe anxiety/depression for as long as I can remember but the past year and a half has been unlike anything else. The message board has been a place for me to get my mind off of how I'm feeling while reading

freedom of speech on the boards
 Feb 27 2019, 12:35:53 AM
I dont know where to begin this. My frustration started whenever the Patti Murin thing happened on the board. I understand this will probably get backlash but...I really dont understand how we got to this point. I dont know about everyone else, but I truly miss the days where someone could have a negative opinion about an actors/actresses performance/show without it getting deleted or being treated as hate. Im sorry, but the message boards are for discussion. Yeah, people can get nasty, but your
Camila Cabello to play Maria in Speilberg's WSS?
 Jan 14 2019, 11:21:42 PM

supersam1026 said: "Well done Bwaywrldmember6853, called it back in August!"

just heard the news! so excited for her! :)

need help with audition song
 Sep 6 2018, 04:20:15 AM

heyyy, sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I didn't say I couldn't find a single pop/rock song on all of google, just couldn't find one that I thought fits the characters or show, and sometimes the board is helpful with these kinds of things. you dont have to know anything about me to know what would make a good audition song for those two characters if ya know the show. anyway, maybe, like, dont respond if you dont have anything kind or at least somewhat hel

need help with audition song
 Sep 5 2018, 07:01:03 PM

hi :) I have looked all over google and can not find any good suggestions...I am auditioning for "Carrie" next month. The director/music director only wants a 1 minute cut for auditions. I am going for Sue or Carrie. They want pop/rock or pop/rock music theatre. Not from the show. Please help if ya can!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You