News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mossee

Member Name: Mossee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SPONGEBOB Rush and Lottery
 Jun 25 2018, 11:35:08 AM

CT2NYC said: "This isn't rush, lottery, or even TDF related, but, if anyone doesn't mind spending a little more, and would prefer to choose their seat, I highly recommend right orchestra M 2 for this show. With a discount code on Ticketmaster or at the box office, it's $79 during the week, or $89 on weekends. I know this isn't a great bargain compared to other options, including TKTS, but itwas definitely worth it. No heads in the way, no mezzanine overhangcutting off

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
 Aug 10 2017, 09:28:25 AM

schubox said: "Don't know if it's a normal thing, but last time I went was a Wednesday evening and he was out. However with the show being so close to closing maybe performers will want to do as many as possible? "

After all the Pierre drama, I'm hoping to at least see Lucas and Denée when I'm there Tuesday. But I guess I should be grateful I'm seeing the show at all.

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
 Aug 8 2017, 10:31:56 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "I just want to clarify that I know several members of the cast and crew and Oak and Casal are at fault for the closing of the show.  I can't really discuss some of the stuff that went down, but the show is definitely closing due to the horrible backlash not because of the low ticket sales.  The ticket sales would have gone up had Patinkin stepped in.  They had to refund so many tickets for that period that they just couldn't have stayed open

Aug 3 2017, 11:01:30 AM

raddersons said: "You'd think this whole situation would have been handled better by the producers... and yet here we are."

Fair point. Check any common-sense assumptions at the door.

Aug 3 2017, 10:51:33 AM

schubox said: "If they were closing the 13 we'd have to know something by the 6th right? "

You'd think they'd want to give a decent amount of notice to drive sales from the "one last time"-ers. 

Aug 2 2017, 02:14:11 PM

The unknown of it all is killing me. We have tickets for 8/15—but  if they are going to close on 8/13, I'd like to try to get tickets for then instead. I'd rather not switch if I don't have to, though, so I feel like I'm in limbo. I don't care who plays Pierre at this point—I just want to see the damn show.

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET
 Jul 31 2017, 09:05:46 AM

JBC3 said: "And that is why for some this will always look like a situation in which a black man who prepared long and hard for a limited run in a part and was touted by producers was then removed because a white male happened to see the show and said, "hey I would like to do that." "

I think this really gets to the crux of the issue. They were really hurt by how they initially tried to spin it... trying, on their part, not to come out and say "our

Jul 30 2017, 05:11:00 PM

schubox said: 
"Yeah I imagine they're scrambling to either beg Patinkin back, or have a big name start real soon. Or, more likely, accepting the inevitable and preparing to close "

So did they not have post-Oak/Patinkin plans after all? Or were they still scrambling to find someone with enough draw? 

How did the show do the weeks Malloy was Pierre? Granted, he's not the big name they need, but with what seems like a "save the

Any scheduled vacations for Come From Away?
 Jul 30 2017, 01:05:39 PM

Anyone know how Julie Reiber did as Bev? We're seeing it 8/13 and were looking forward to seeing Jenn so I'm disappointed, but keeping an open mind.

Jul 28 2017, 08:35:33 PM

Fan123 said: "Regarding Oak's alleged contribution, or lack thereof, to the controversy, I actually thought his statement on Instagram was pretty gracious. Sure, one can pick out phrases like "In spite of everything" and "I will not be returning" and make much of them, but the overall tenor of the post seems to be supportive of the show and even, in passing, of Mandy himself."

It was a mostly mild statement on the surface, considering the

Jul 28 2017, 06:37:00 PM

I registered just to commiserate about this! I love the cast recording. Obsessed. Bought tickets for a trip to NYC this summer. I love Oak, so was excited to see him. I have adored Mandy since I was a teen, so was over the moon to see him. I've just been counting down the days. Then this debacle happens... and my tickets on 8/15 seem like the worst decision ever. I'm not going to see this show, am I? What a mess. All around. For everyone. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You