News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hmph

hmph Profile Photo
Member Name: hmph
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How long is Bryce Pinkham in LITTLE SHOP?
 Oct 19 2022, 11:17:58 AM

He tweeted last week he would be in through 11/6.

1776's Sara Porkalob Brutally Honest Vulture Article
 Oct 19 2022, 12:24:26 AM

New York Times article

Not much new ground, just that she emailed the team over the weekend "to repair harm." 

Oct 16 2022, 10:39:30 PM

Twitter algorithm is working overtime for me today

Oct 15 2022, 01:01:01 PM

Glancing at Twitter, I guess I’m sick of these arguments where pithy comments take the place of a conversation, and then everyone on every side is obnoxious. I get that it can be frustrating, but if you want a conversation now’s the time to be having it, right? Stop posting outdated memes and maybe articulate what’s being misunderstood. If this is true, that’s excellent, but a person introduced to you via Vulture isn’t seeing that.

Maybe it’s the misanthrope in me, but theater “conversations” can be so eyeroll-inducingly annoying. Maybe I would feel differently if I had seen their performance or any of their shows. 

Cinderella 2021 - Amazon Prime
 Sep 6 2021, 02:24:12 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Like, show me the article that he sexually harassespeopleor verbally abuses his staff like Ellen did? Or says horrible things about Trans people like Randy Rainbow? You cannot because he doesn't treat people like garbage.Weird how those two people got passes around here yet James Corden who has not done those things gets insulted. For no reason at all.

Hmm.....

"

I mean, if Reddit is to be believed, he's known to be ki

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
 Jun 10 2018, 11:59:58 PM

Jesus, this thread is off the rails. How many ways can a message board community find to make reading threads a chore? Guess we’ll be finding out tonight! Anyway, I really liked Sara Bareilles and Josh Groban. They were cute and sang well. I think I could hear Bareilles sing just about anything, and they were charming throughout.

I unfortunately haven’t been able to make it to any of the shows, but I’m hoping to make it to Once on this Island, The Band’s Visit,

Amy Schumer out of Meteor Shower TODAY
 Jan 7 2018, 04:38:28 PM

Seems like it was Tuesday 1/2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfzhGdnrg2/

Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
 Jan 7 2018, 04:00:05 PM

Profitability concerns aside, the February performance was one of my favorite nights of theater of the past few years. I'd love to see this again if Tony Yazbeck and Laura Osnes stick with it. 

Amy Schumer out of Meteor Shower TODAY
 Jan 7 2018, 03:55:10 PM

Laura Benanti posted this about Kate Reinders/the canceled performance:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdqKqvphTf9/

Broadway Legend Ben Vereen Once Defended His Best Friend Bill Cosby
 Jan 7 2018, 03:18:50 PM

Yikes. The subject of this thread downplays how disgusting he is, amazingly enough. The responses to his non-apology on Twitter are disturbingly blind to what that he pulled. 

FB posts from people beyond the four people in the NY Daily News story make it clear it was even more disgusting than just what was recounted there. What a nightmare of a human.

BCEFA Refuses My Money
 Nov 5 2017, 12:19:22 PM
Yikes. This thread is all sorts of cringe.
Laura Benanti: Stop Putting Words in My Mouths
 Nov 4 2017, 02:27:13 PM

bear88 said: "This entire discussion seems silly."

Yup. Why some people are getting so upset about what she said is confusing. The preview ticket cost issue and discussion on review influence are interesting, but not sure why Benanti's comments themselves are setting some people off. 

HogansHero said: "so what? This is quintessential self-entitlement coming at us from the other side of the 4th wall. Pathetic. The gig is to create grea

ALW lawyer warns LuPone of 'false and libelous' statements
 Oct 25 2017, 04:53:48 AM

Jesus Christ, what a mess of a thread.

I still think her ALW stories/asides are interesting, especially hearing her trash Evita. 

Cruel Intentions at (le) Poisson Rouge starts Nov. 17
 Oct 19 2017, 07:46:21 PM

My favorite Natasha! Still pissed I can't see Lauren again as Natasha, but I'll be looking into this production for my next trip. Have to confess I am not familiar with the venue or musical. Did anyone catch it in previous runs in NY or LA?

Lea Michele announces on WWHL she wants to return to Broadway in FUNNY GIRL
 Oct 13 2017, 11:31:52 PM

I really liked Annaleigh as an actress in Sunday in the Park with George, but her voice isn't anywhere near Lea Michelle's to me. Can't speak to Lea Michelle's acting talent (or off stage behavior), but her voice is gorgeous. It sucks that doesn't go hand in hand with popularity and working well with others!

Kind of wondering what Barbra thinks about all this (if anything), an actress that apparently worships her low key leading a decade long marketing campaign to p

Sumayya Ali writes beautiful letter about COMET and the controversy
 Oct 9 2017, 01:30:11 AM

I was looking at Sumayya's Facebook and she has spoken out on a smaller scale before. 

7/29: "For the record, The Great Comet was diverse before Oak and The Great Comet will be diverse after Oak. The truth is not always as it appears."

9/2: "There is a spinning wheel in my heart that revolves stronger with an inexplicable enigma and weight. It is not of me. It is based in love and gratitude. It grows heavier as we come to the end of this Great Comet journ

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
 Oct 6 2017, 02:08:48 AM

I have to say, it was so strange to see people cheering Mandy bowing out when it all went down, even after Dave let it be known that he was urgently needed to save their finances. A couple of the cast members mentioned a rehearsal with him and (possibly the only one they had with him?) and it sounded amazing. 

I was reading the comments on the Forbes article and one of them said "[Oak] emailed members of the cast details of Patinkins hiring before he should have, divulging pa

Oct 6 2017, 12:52:42 AM

PaulWom said: "Nick Belton weighs in with a comment on Mary Page's post

"Thank you. I think our friend has yet to shake his reputation. Or maybe it’s just his own guilt eating away that causes him to continuously run his mouth even after the damage has been done, further perpetuating his own BS."

I'm so here for the Comet cast finally telling the truth and spilling the tea
"

Erica Dorfler and Brad Giovanine liked Nicholas

Oct 5 2017, 09:21:46 PM

Good Christ. It’s just getting embarrassing, Speed. 

Oct 5 2017, 11:18:24 AM

Scarywarhol said: "In the spirit of holding more than one idea at a time, which I believe most of the folks in this thread are doing, Oak is being ridiculous...but it's not worth engaging with Dave's usual attitude that any sensitivity to race is wrong. Plenty of explicitly racist sentiments from that one in the past."

That’s pretty much where I am. Oak’s comments are seemingly by no means helpful, truthful, or incisive. But any discussi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You