pixeltracker

Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall

Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#2Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/4/18 at 10:18pm

If the production comes in fall, they better change their artwork..... The logo for the revival is hideous.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#3Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/4/18 at 10:21pm

what a terrific cast   

total bummer this couldn't premiere at the ahmanson like it was suppose to

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#4Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/4/18 at 10:25pm

Who is Rachel Dratch playing, the Jane Connell mother role?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#5Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/4/18 at 11:16pm

Dratch played Patricia.

massofmen
#6Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/5/18 at 11:07am

if this tries to go into a commercial house it will close in 4 months. 
No one cares about this revival and none of the general public cares about this cast no matter how hard theater people try to think people know who rachel bloom is. This is a bad bad bad idea. 

old school revivals either need to have a massive movie star or do them at roundabout or lincoln center where you can pay the cast less and have a subscription audience already built in. 

Liza's Headband
#7Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/5/18 at 12:30pm

massofmen said: "if this tries to go into a commercial house it will close in 4 months.
No one cares about this revival and none of the general public cares about this cast no matter how hard theater people try to think people know who rachel bloom is. This is a bad bad bad idea.

old school revivals either need to have a massive movie star or do them at roundabout or lincoln center where you can pay the cast less and have a subscription audience already built in.
"

THIS.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#8Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/5/18 at 12:32pm

As much as I loved rachel dratch, if they swap her out with Tina Fey, this could be successful

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

barcelona20
#9Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/5/18 at 1:13pm

Does this mean Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is ending?

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#10Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/5/18 at 2:17pm

I hope this does happen for the cast alone.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#11Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/5/18 at 3:29pm

I don't see how Rachel Bloom could do this during her TV season.  

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#12Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/5/18 at 11:54pm

This would be a massive failure. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#13Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 12:05am

As much as I loved rachel dratch, if they swap her out with Tina Fey, this could be successful

I don't think Fey would take on a role that is just barely a supporting character.  Plus they couldn't afford her or justify paying her an exorbitant amount for a cameo.  Dratch's character is onstage for what, 10 minutes, maybe?

The 90's Toronto company stunt cast Mickey Rooney in the show as Everett.  The U.S. tour had Ann B. Davis as Mother.  That's the kind of stunt casting that would make sense for this show.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#14Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 12:31am

As much as I would love to see this production, I think its a horrible idea especially if they are looking at a fall opening. I think they would benefit from opening in the spring, but if Dreamgirls comes in next season I don't see it wining Best Revival.

Dollypop
#15Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 8:34am

This is a production that could possibly pry me away from HELLO, DOLLY! for a while.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#16Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 8:51am

I believe Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is only planning on being 4 seasons. If revival shoots for Spring, it shouldn't be a problem. 

Something about this show doesn't click for me. I'm sure numerous regional productions have tainted my opinions, but I have zero interest in this.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#17Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 1:07pm

I don’t see Crazy Ex Girlfriend being renewed for another season - but I also believe Rachel Bloom is far more talented than this part.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#18Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 6:59pm

I can see Roundabout doing this to make up for all the musicals they didnt put on this season.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#19Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 7:16pm

^ Roundabout already scheduled KISS ME KATE with Kelli O'Hara. Unless BEAUTIFUL closed and this took the Sondheim, but I doubt they'd wanna compete with themselves. Maybe LCT after MY FAIR LADY ends its run? Give them a couple of years - we just had AN AMERICAN IN PARIS and NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#20Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 8:21pm

Please let this be on Broadway this time next year!!! With Osnes & Yazbeck!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#21Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/6/18 at 8:45pm

I could see the Gershwin estate wanting this to revive the regional rights, tours, etc.

hmph Profile Photo
hmph
#22Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/7/18 at 4:00pm

Profitability concerns aside, the February performance was one of my favorite nights of theater of the past few years. I'd love to see this again if Tony Yazbeck and Laura Osnes stick with it. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#23Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/27/18 at 12:20pm

A TV reporter posted an Instagram-story of the program from the workshop:  Rebecca Naomi Jones is Irene Roth, Ann Harada & Carsen Elrod are the Fodors, Fred Applegate is Everett Baker, Leigh Zimmerman is Tess. Yazbeck, Osnes, Nancy Opel, Harry Groener, and Jerry O'Connell are all still in it!

I guess Riedel's comments about Rachel Dratch and Rachel Bloom were not correct (unless this casting is just for the workshop performances). Great that there's a little more diversity than the Lincoln Center concert, though.

VintageSnarker
#24Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/27/18 at 3:40pm

I've been wrong before but without Dratch and Bloom (not that they're major draws), I don't see how this is going to do better than On the Town. I guess they'd be in a smaller theater but I don't see the draw for the average theatergoer. It's not going to be the cast and the show isn't that beloved. Isn't it cobbled together in an American in Paris/Holiday Inn way?

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#25Riedel on "Crazy for You" looking to arrive this fall
Posted: 1/27/18 at 10:41pm

The "Crazy for You" workshop has a Twitter account showing Tony and Laura in action together.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/crazyforyou?src=hash

The one night performance at Lincoln Center was indeed a smash. Tremendous energy flowing from the audience. There is a Youtube video that I posted on another thread of the finale and extended curtain call that gives you an idea of the fun.

That one-night audience was likely full of Stroman supporters and celebs. Whether this production and its paper-thin plot could survive a long Broadway run is uncertain. But I'm very glad that I was there on that one night.

Videos