News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Audrey33

Member Name: Audrey33
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Phillipa Soo joining cast of The Parisian Woman
 Sep 5 2017, 09:16:24 PM

And plenty disagree. Her performance had nothing to do with that show closing.

Sep 5 2017, 06:29:12 PM

Margo319 said: ""She was a good get in a mehshow"

Actually no, she wasn't a good get in a horrible show that failed miserably. It could have damaged her career, and the casting was a huge mistake.
"

The casting was a huge mistake? Who should they have cast?

Sep 5 2017, 05:20:22 PM

Oh I just saw that in that BWW article she's gonna be in a film with Sarah Jessica Parker as well. Was this announced anywhere? Glad she's branching out and doing different things.

Sep 5 2017, 01:02:58 PM

And Idina is one of about 5 theatre stars that can sell tickets on her name alone (and who knows if she could do it as well now, If/Then was coming straight after Frozen hype). Not sure why Soo gets so much crap for Amélie's failure, most Broadway actors have had a flop, if not multiple. Her other Broadway credit is the biggest hit of the 21st century.

Sep 5 2017, 12:21:42 PM

Oh I'm thrilled she's doing a play actually. I think her work will be more appreciated in this form, where people don't expect big showy performances as in musicals. Love having her on Broadway every season in some form.

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
 Aug 30 2017, 11:52:34 PM

Lin is a great example of a theatre person that's become famous (which by the way Cynthia has not as of yet) and hasn't let it get to his head. He is surely proud of his work and confident in his abilities but he doesn't have his awards splashed all over his Twitter bio, he interacts with fans (without arguing with them), he has the same group of friends as he had pre-Hamilton and he doesn't act like he's always right. Nor does he get involved in things that clearly aren&#

Paulson expose On Great Comet controversy
 Aug 29 2017, 09:11:22 PM

^Sounds like it wasn't finalized yet and they can't announce it before a contract is signed.

Paulson expose On Great Comet controversy
 Aug 29 2017, 08:24:24 PM

Unfortunately Erivo's career wont suffer as she has set her sights on Hollywood and seems to be succeeding in getting roles.

As soon as she made it on Broadway she started attacking London theatre and now she's making it in Hollywood and has her Tony she's attacking Broadway theatre. Cannot stand the woman.

Michael Lee Brown is SUBLIME -- but DEH, the show...?
 Aug 24 2017, 03:29:27 PM

Bibliot said: "Looked it up. As far as the music: DEH cast recording debuted at #8. Hamilton had debuted at #12.

DEH had the highest music debut since 1961 (Camelot).

The only cast recordings to make it into the top 10 in the last 50 years have been Evan Hansen, Hamilton, Book of Mormon, and Hair.
"

To clarify though, Hamilton sold more copies in its first week, it just had more competition as it released in September which is a more popular time

Michael Lee Brown is SUBLIME -- but DEH, the show...?
 Aug 24 2017, 12:08:59 PM

You're not alone. There aren't many musicals that are critically and commercially successful and win a bunch of Tonys that have as many detractors as DEH. It's quite odd actually. It seems like the lovers and haters are completely bewildered by each other's opinions. FWIW, to me it's a 3* show being sold as a 5* show.

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
 Aug 21 2017, 08:01:01 PM

For goodness sake, he clearly needs an alternate. His attendance since the Tonys has been outright bad and I'm not blaming him for this.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/20/17
 Aug 21 2017, 07:57:34 PM

DEH is still the hot new thing and the reigning Tony winner but it's not a phenomenon like Hamilton and every attempt to sell it or market is has been done with Ben Platt's raves in tow. It will dip when Platt leaves and then once we get another musical that gets a similar amount of attention - I'd imagine within the next few years or so - it will close. I don't see it running over 5 years.

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'
 Aug 16 2017, 09:06:08 AM

Aug 16 2017, 09:05:42 AM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Hey, remember when people said that Phillipa Soo must be kicking herself for choosing Amelie over Natasha? Maybe, given all that happened with Great Comet, she's feeling more relief over that decision."

Yeah, she would have got another Tony nomination with Natasha but she would have been in an incredibly awkward position with the Oak stuff.

Unpopular Opinions
 Aug 16 2017, 06:32:17 AM

I agree. It's a great performance but I see performances just as good each season. I think a large part of it is how much he elevates the material. I saw his understudy and it was not good, the show really struggled without him in my opinion. 

Great Comet - Biggest Crowds in History Much Bigger than Obamas
 Aug 11 2017, 01:54:33 PM

^Wonderfully put.

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
 Aug 11 2017, 10:02:24 AM

It's all about keeping the show relevant and at the forefront of people's minds. People download the app, turn on notifications and get reminded that Hamilton exists on a regular basis. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Aug 11 2017, 07:53:52 AM

Agreed. Bootlegs can be a great capture of the show but this one is not.

Riedel on more Comet Drama
 Aug 9 2017, 09:29:27 AM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Audrey33 said: "I'd love to know how Phillipa Soo feels about all of this considering she has the Great Comet connection, she has the Oak/Hamilton connection and she's a woman of color so has that perspective too. Would be interesting.

"

You can't just expect any woman not of Caucasian heritage to have "that perspective," especially when one's upbringing has more to do with th

Riedel on more Comet Drama
 Aug 9 2017, 04:57:06 AM

I'd love to know how Phillipa Soo feels about all of this considering she has the Great Comet connection, she has the Oak/Hamilton connection and she's a woman of color so has that perspective too. Would be interesting.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You