News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sammyria

Member Name: Sammyria
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney’s HERCULES - News & Discussion Thread
 Feb 9 2023, 08:09:56 AM

Not me frantically googling flights from London and hotels.

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
 Jun 12 2018, 09:52:20 AM

Gizmo6 said: "It seems the peformances on YouTube are restricted. I can’t watch them here in the UK"

If you search "Tony Awards 2018" on Facebook, and then select videos they should all be there. I watched the MFL one last night, and am planning on watching the others later.

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Reviews
 Apr 30 2018, 09:00:54 AM

Has anyone had any experience of the stage door for My Fair Lady? I am seeing the show on my birthday, and would like to get a programme/playbill signed. I enquired with the theatre whether it would be possible to arrange this in advance but they just directed me to wait at the stage door. I've only ever done this at regional locations in the UK where there have only been a handful of people at worst, so the thought of the much busier NY experience is a bit off putting to me. Add that to

My Fair Lady
 Feb 22 2018, 06:23:31 AM

Is there a huge difference in view between row A and row E of the Loge (side sections)?

There is availability the evening before in row E, so I'm torn between going on my actual Birthday and splashing out for Row A, or saving $50 each and going the night before slightly further back.

I'm looking at the end of May so by the sounds of it there are unlikely to be discounts this early in the run.

My Fair Lady
 Feb 21 2018, 04:23:24 AM

Whateverjsays said: "Does anybody know if there’s a coupon for this yet? I want to add this to a trip and this is the last show I’m waiting to buy, but prices are pretty high"

Also looking out for a voucher, I'm desperate to see this, but the cheapest tickets are $157 each on the date I'm after, which made me physically recoil from my laptop...

Is there a reason there are so few price bands for tickets? Seems to jump from $99 to $1

Generic Ticket Discounts
 Feb 15 2018, 06:59:18 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any generic discount offers/codes (ie $10 off first purchase) for Ticketmaster, Telecharge, or similar?

I'm planning a trip in May and the shows I'm interested in aren't running specific discounts so I wondered if there was anything more site rather than show based at the moment, or if there are any regular discounts I should look out for?

I'm not a US resident so can't take advantage of things li

Advice on Seating for Frozen
 Feb 12 2018, 11:26:00 AM

CT2NYC said: "

I checked out your dates, and I'd say that mezzanine E 25-27 on Tuesday 5/22 would be the best option."

Thanks! I'm really indecisive and have no experience of this theatre. I'll dig out my international card and get booking before they go!

Advice on Seating for Frozen
 Feb 12 2018, 04:33:47 AM

I was going to post a thread asking for advice too, so I'll add my question in here...

I'm looking at seeing this with my mum between the 22nd May and the 24th May, I've had a look at the availability across these dates and think the best choices I've got are the below, any advice on which of these is best or any other suggestions?

Mezzanine Row E Far Left $159.50

Mezzanine Row Q Far Left $149.50

Mezzanine Row Q Centre-ish $112.50

Balco

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
 Oct 6 2017, 05:49:23 AM

perfectlymarvelous said: "Harriet Craig said: "perfectlymarvelous said: "I saw Diana Rigg in a truly awful production of Pygmalion in London 6 years ago but she was wonderful so I'm happy to see her tackle the role again."

I saw that production too, and I agree that Diana Rigg was wonderful (when is she not?). I don't remember much else about itexcept that Rupert Everett was way too dark as Higgins (more Dracula than Henry Higgins), so I

Gossip about My Fair Lady and Cher Show casting
 Oct 3 2017, 05:25:18 AM

I'd be interested to see him as Higgins, but it's unlikely.

I'm more interested by the Doctor Dolittle film they're talking about. Hoping this might be more Rex Harrison than Eddie Murphy, but there isn't mention anywhere of it being a musical.

Sep 25 2017, 04:25:45 AM

CoolDogeGuy said: "I was watching the AMAZING Kevin Lynch on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/kevml33) and he was talking about his top 5 least favorite musicals. A few of them were "screen to stage" adaptations. I decided to ask you all what "screen to stage" adaptations in your opinion were better as movies.

I only have one which is Sister Act. The reason why I didn't like Sister Act the Musical is because I was disappointed that NONE of the songs from the movie (Hail Holy Queen (MY FAVORITE), My God (My Guy), I Will Follow Him, etc.) were in the musical. Raise Your Voice is the only song I like in the show and it gives me so many chills at the end of the song. Besides that, everything else is bad to me.

"

My exact issue with Sister Act, and Billy Elliot, also the reason why I was dreading School of Rock but they included and enhanced the film music so I loved it!

Sep 23 2017, 03:56:01 AM

JIMG3 said: "He's actually Scottish, which makes it all the more charming."

I know which is why I specified his English Accent. They even made a joke of it in an episode of Doctor who with him "putting on" a Scottish accent. I think he'd be good. 

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really like Peter Dinklage but then again I've only seen him in film.

I will still cling on to the hope that at least one d

Sep 22 2017, 01:36:56 PM

JIMG3 said: "David Tenant is always a good idea."

I would watch anything with his English Accent. Though I'm putting off re-watching his last couple of episodes of Dr Who as I need to emotionally prepare.

Sep 16 2017, 09:13:06 AM

I've only ever seen My Fair Lady on the screen as it's not been staged here in forever, but I couldn't pass up seeing Pygmalion when it was at the Chichester Festival Theatre as the next best thing. I loved it, but the only thing I didn't like about it was the ending. The ambiguity of it is gone- and I know that this was Shaw's doing but that doesn't mean that it's for the better. The only question left of this version was really whether Eliza really did marry Fred

Aug 22 2017, 03:21:33 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Sammyria said: "Slightly off topic but since you guys seem to be in the know, when can we expect tickets to go on sale, roughly how far in advance do the Lincoln Centre put them up? I want to start organising my trip so would be good to know when I can expect to be able to buy tickets."

Good question. Lincoln Center opened ticket sales for The King and I (their most recent big musical production) in mid-October

Aug 22 2017, 02:29:50 PM

Enjoying the speculation, and desperate to see the show live-only ever seen the film, and it's my favourite-, it hasn't been staged here in forever so planning a trip to NY in May!

Slightly off topic but since you guys seem to be in the know, when can we expect tickets to go on sale, roughly how far in advance do the Lincoln Centre put them up? I want to start organising my trip so would be good to know when I can expect to be able to buy tickets.

Thanks

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You