Generic Ticket Discounts

Sammyria
#1Generic Ticket Discounts
Posted: 2/15/18 at 6:59am

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any generic discount offers/codes (ie $10 off first purchase) for Ticketmaster, Telecharge, or similar?

I'm planning a trip in May and the shows I'm interested in aren't running specific discounts so I wondered if there was anything more site rather than show based at the moment, or if there are any regular discounts I should look out for?

I'm not a US resident so can't take advantage of things like LincTix (despite being within the age range) unless anyone knows a way around it?

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#2Generic Ticket Discounts
Posted: 2/15/18 at 8:18am

I'm not aware of Ticketmaster or Telecharge offering any sort of "generic" discount off the purchase price of any tickets; everything I've seen has always been offered through an affiliation (e.g., BroadwayBox, Playbill, TheatreMania, or TelechargeOffers) and for a specific show.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Generic Ticket Discounts
Posted: 2/15/18 at 8:22am

and those are only offered through the producers of each show....telecharge offers is only the site that handles the codes....I've never know THEM to actually put out any sort of discount.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#4Generic Ticket Discounts
Posted: 2/15/18 at 10:07am

Sometimes people sell Ticketmaster gift cards for a discount, I recently got a $50 for $35. Not a huge discount but something is better than nothing.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#5Generic Ticket Discounts
Posted: 2/15/18 at 10:17am

TodayTix gives you a couple bucks off your first purchase with a code, but you can't pick your seats. I think "backstory" is the best discount they offer. But listen to an episode of the Broadway Backstory podcast to be sure.

Videos