News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Elegance101

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Member Name: Elegance101
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite/Most Clever Rhymes  Nov 3 2020, 03:14:27 PM

From A Weekend in The Country (A Little Night Music):

ANNE: It's that woman, it's that Armfeldt

PETRA: Oh, the actress?

ANNE: No, the ghoul! / She may hope to make her charm felt / but she's mad if she thinks I would be such a fool

It's a small moment, I just think the Armfeldt/"charm felt" rhyme is satisfying and the rhythm of the last line rolls off the tongue perfectly.

Color-blind and gender-blind casting  Oct 28 2020, 03:23:27 PM
It's also very unrealistic that Billy would be belting a beautiful soliloquy about his feelings by the pier.

Theatre requires such an extreme amount of suspension of disbelief, you guys really can't go just ONE step further by believing this black man is in this role, regardless of what would've probably been more accurate in history?

I think about Great Comet; that show had ensemble members running around the tables, playing accordions right in your face, and singing their fee

Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Jul 11 2020, 11:50:16 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Looks like Mean Girls could be next

https://twitter.com/stagedoorguru/status/1282131636117700609?s=21
"

While I do believe Mean Girls is likely to go, I'm not sure this is any indication of it. I'd sooner believe they got rid of the cast photos to stop promoting Sabrina Carpenter since she won't be in it even if it does reopen. Why would they paint the doors bright pink if they're confirmed to be moving out?

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 10 2020, 12:20:42 AM

EDIT: I said something snarky, which is pretty hypocritical of me to do, considering what I said above. After some thought, I decided to change my post to not add further to the confrontation on this page, as this thread is ultimately about the presumed death of an artist who, as said above, brought a lot of joy for many people. I'm sorry for my rude comment to those who read it. It's not appropriate for me to get b*tchy when the discussion being had is about something this

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 9 2020, 09:18:32 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "The level of snark is determined by the reader. I didn't write that with snark. I was angry.If this was an accident it was totally avoidable."

I get that, I interpreted it in my own way that may have not been your intention. I empathize with the fact that this kind of thing can cause different reactions for different people, but in my opinion, it just feels like it's the wrong moment to direct anger at a person who's presumed dea

When is promotional or B-roll footage of shows filmed?  Jul 9 2020, 09:09:12 PM

The cast will come in during the day before a show (although maybe some have done it on a day off?), for both "photo call" (taking still promotional photos, some being posed and others being actually candid of them performing) and for B Roll. As to how they stage it, it's the former: only performing specific moments and usually doing them a few times to get it right or to get some options (similarly to film!).

Naya Rivera presumed dead  Jul 9 2020, 08:51:55 PM

GavestonPS said: "Sutton Ross said: "CATSNYrevival said: "The saddest part of this is an adult thinking that leaving a boat to go for a swim when you’re the only two people on board is a safe thing to do. That’s reckless."

A child lost his Mother yesterday. Shame on you.
"

Which is more important? That we sentimentalize a person who has apparently passed? Or that we point out the unfortunate judgment that caused h

When is promotional or B-roll footage of shows filmed?  Jul 9 2020, 08:46:33 PM

Traditionally, it's filmed near the end of previews, once the show is set.

It is specific moments or numbers that are filmed, not the entire show. It's mostly big production numbers, with some smaller stuff as needed.

A lot of shows are filmed in their entirety, but are specifically achieved in Lincoln Center's Library, which has very specific rules about who can watch it and when (plus can only be watched in person, at the library).

There are so m

New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso )  Feb 26 2020, 03:45:07 PM

Tommymac 2 said: "I just think it’s so shady that besides the one sentence press statement. the production hasn’t even mentioned a word about Sophia. No posts on Instagram saying “ farewell. Thank you “ nothing. Just right into “
Pressley is our lydia “ I find it very cold and hurtful towards Sophia. It’s as if Alex Brightman left and they didn’t even mention a word about him. Then go “ MEET OUR NEW BEETLEJUICE!” ... it

Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?  Oct 23 2019, 10:06:53 PM

Rosette3 said: "Oo I'm partial to the OK! theory because I wasn't Gideon to take over as Seymour. He needs a light-hearted musical after two plays. I could see Darren as Curly. Damon's always said Broadway was not his end goal but rather a sidetrack. Don't know if that'd translate to Darren taking over the rest of his run? It was a limited engagement so hypothetically Damon's not on a standard 1 yr contract?"

They can buy Damon out if need be,

Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?  Oct 23 2019, 09:22:07 PM

DramaTeach said: "The phrasing of “back on the boards” instead of “back on broadway” does lend itself to the Little Shop theory, but I’d also be intrigued by him taking over as Curly in Oklahoma. This production’s version with its guitar playing dark anti-hero feels like it’s in his lane."

The official Rodgers and and Hammerstein Organization tweeted back at him: "May we suggest playing a Farmer or a Cowman? #OkalahomaBroadway"
https://twitter.com/RnH_Org/status/1187125062299725825
Either that's a blatant hint and he's going to be in Oklahoma or that's a weirdly desperate tweet on their part.

Eva Noblezada in HADESTOWN  Aug 27 2019, 01:44:34 AM

She has taken a lot of time off, not just a few days here and there. Wasn't she even out for a full week after the Tony's at one point?

I hope all is well with her.

Are there any broadway musicals that pay homage to the 1930s movie musicals starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers?  Aug 27 2019, 01:43:35 AM

Dames at Sea was a lovely spoof and love letter to movies of this era, but you all didn't buy tickets for it, huh?

Six reviews  Jul 26 2019, 09:14:21 PM

ggersten said: "Meanwhile, London is having its second sing-a-long performance.

I realize a short run like Chicago or Boston can't necessarily squeeze in a "sing-a-long" performance - well, it's probably too late for Chicago - but, hey, Boston, are you listening?
"

They probably won't do anything like that before they get to New York.

Why Are So Many Broadway Shows Closing: Katherine Steele: YouTube  Jul 25 2019, 06:47:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-LnVQXvfMo

She's back with another business video.

Conclusions that elevate the entire show  Jul 23 2019, 12:56:40 AM

Not in the writing of the show specifically, but I felt this way about the revival of Oklahoma! The way the ending was played kind of got me on board, even though I wasn't really into the production until that point. I felt like that was the first "edgy" choice I saw validity in, the rest of the production felt like edgy-for-edgy's sake. Even though the ending wasn't perfect in my mind (I think Jud should've just fallen when he was shot like a normal death and stayed

Non-Smoking Contract for Actors  Jul 23 2019, 12:48:25 AM

Also, I'm not really a cat person, but most cats I've met seem like they would heavily chain smoke if they could, so that PSA is inaccurate.

Non-Smoking Contract for Actors  Jul 22 2019, 11:23:01 PM

Ah, that makes sense. I know very little about it, nor do I know anyone who vapes, so your public health background was very helpful today, indeed! Thanks, Kitsune and Alex!

She can definitely make her own choices, but if she didn't want people to mention/notice it, should she have really posted it on social media? Especially considering her young following? Not going to get into more social media rantings, but she is the one who posted it willingly, meaning it's not

Non-Smoking Contract for Actors  Jul 22 2019, 09:40:11 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "I'm an actor, and I can tell you that if you include marijuana, it's harder to find an actor whodoesn'tsmoke."

This is very true.

Also, I thought vaping wasn't bad for your voice. Don't know much about it, but isn't there no tar or smoke? It's just water vapor.

Non-Smoking Contract for Actors  Jul 22 2019, 07:19:46 PM

Jayar2 said: "I'll be more specific then-- it is illegal to SMOKE under the age of 21 in NYC and will be in the entire state in November.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/07/16/new-york-smoking-age-18-to-21/
"

I guess we should wake her when she’s twenty-OOOOOOOOOOOONNNNEE.

I’m so sorry.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You