News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for natafied

Member Name: natafied
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spongebob stage door
 May 24 2018, 04:19:45 AM
On a Thursday and the following Tuesday, the only overlaps I saw were ensemble members Kelvin and Robert (thankfully? I was really shy about being there twice so soon). That said, all the principals went out over those days pretty evenly. I think it was Lilli/Ethan/Wesley and Brian/Gavin/Danny on different days. Of course, no guarantees.
Spongebob - Lottery or Rush or discount?
 May 3 2018, 06:16:23 PM
I feel like everyone who entered the lottery won on Tuesday. The line at the box office before the show was massive. Pretty sure it didn't matter when you accepted the win, as the person at the window just asked my name, crossed it off the list, and handed me my ticket off a stack on the desk. I got something like row G in the right mezz, full view.

I rushed at about 1:30 last Thursday and went for an orchestra seat (only thought I'd see it once at that point...) and got C 105. Turns

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
 May 2 2018, 12:40:03 AM

ren598 said: "I was curious to know what merchandise they had available (posters, magnets,mugs) this early in previews. I definitely want to get the poster if one is available."

From what I saw, there were two different shirts with text on them and a poster that was basically the playbill design. 

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
 May 1 2018, 12:52:40 AM

Nycat63 said: "Thrilled to hear this as I have tickets for my June trip!

I apologize for asking about seating but I bought my tickets a few weeks ago and best I could do other than premium was Orch Row O. After I purchased, I saw that scalpers had bought up TONS of seats (at least for the June dates I was looking at, though I suspect same is true for the entire run) so while I’m thrilled for the show, I hate to see the scalpers win.

If anyone would care to make me feel ok about sitting way back in Row O, please do . Haven’t been to the Booth. If I won’t be able to appreciate it from back there I might consider trying to exchange for premium but it would be very rough on the budget. All opinions appreciated!
"

I sat in the last row of the center mezzanine. I definitely think the experience would have been even more amazing if I were closer, but it's a small theater and I feel like even the side seats would have good views. There was a tall person in front of me blocking a portion of the center downstairs section (why did they put the seats directly behind each other?), but nothing important happened there 98% of the time, and I could lean forward a bit because I was in the back. 

As for the stage door (for anyone who's wondering), of course there were a lot of people there. They let people line up past where the barricades ended as long as they stayed behind the line. Maybe they'll get more for future shows? All of the actors came out and most of them kindly stopped to take pictures. All the Broadway debuts were very unfamiliar with the stage door process and their castmates playfully made fun of them to us when they found out. They had a photographer taking photos to document the first preview (I assume), so maybe the pictures will be released. 

Once on This Island lottery
 Apr 30 2018, 12:31:34 AM
I was there tonight as well. The person running the lottery said they had 20 winning tickets for $49.50 and 20 "loser" tickets for $59.50 for this show. She followed up saying that means that everyone who entered would be able to get into the show. I got maybe the 16th ticket? and got seat E 220, which was fantastic.
Hamilton Seattle
 Feb 19 2018, 11:15:25 PM

I'm excited to hear this! I'm seeing them on an upcoming stop, and I'm nervous about my seat/view (don't know if "nervous" is quite the right word, but the seat's all the way off to the side) but still very excited.

Shoba was a swing in Great Comet, but she also understudied Natasha. From what I've seen of her online, she's wonderful, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her perform.

Something Rotten Matinee
 Dec 25 2017, 02:34:32 AM

I saw a Sunday matinee a few months ago and I'd say most of the cast came out. I think all the leads did except Adam, but he seems pretty hit or miss with coming out anyway. Have fun!

Help identifying Great Comet signatures
 Sep 2 2017, 04:15:39 PM

Thank you so much! The "W" in 11 definitely looks like Cathryn's, anyway. Number 5 was definitely just me looking at the cast list and trying to match things up since it looked like an A and O -- I haven't seen his signature anywhere for comparison. I brought my mom to the show and asked to see her version, and it looks different on hers, but not enough to help. My only other guess would be Ani.

Here's the pic she sent me (We weren't next to each other, but she met Pearl and I met Gelsey, but not the other way around somehow) :

Help identifying Great Comet signatures
 Sep 1 2017, 10:46:44 PM

I've made a lot of progress in the past couple months trying to identify who signed my playbill when I went to see Great Comet in May. I didn't know much about the show when I watched it, but it grew to be my current favorite. At this point, I thought it would be a good goal to figure it out while the show is still open. Can anyone help me out with these? Or let me know if I'm wrong? Or maybe it will help someone else. Either way!

Here's what I have so far:
1. Josh Groban
2. Andrew Mayer
3. Kennedy Caughell
4. Nicholas Belton
5. Azudi Onyejekwe (?)
6. Nick Choksi
7. Reed Luplau
8. Lucas Steele
9. Brittain Ashford
12. Heath Saunders
13. Gelsey Bell (?)
14. (Billy? Brandt? Balaga??)
15. Alex Gibson (?)

Bonus Cast List

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You