News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SherrieByTheSea

Member Name: SherrieByTheSea
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Height of the Storm Preview thread
 Sep 11 2019, 02:12:58 PM

I saw in London also and may see it again for the spectacular performances.

Betrayal Seating Discussion
 Sep 1 2019, 11:46:15 AM

I just bought B5 for Nov 16th based on reviews of it here. Since this is a Saturday matinee I'm assuming that cast won't do Stage Door?

Inside The Risky First Out Of Town Preview of La Cage aux Folles in Boston
 Jun 24 2019, 09:31:05 PM

What a wonderful article. Oh, to have been in the audience that night 

Down to One
 May 17 2019, 01:37:40 PM

Think I'll plan a little mini-vacation. Bus or train to NYC on Friday afternoon. Hotel close to theatre district. BOoH Friday night then matinee on Sat. Maybe Frankie and Johnny?

I'm currently on treatment that causes extreme fatigue so I really have to pace myself. I'll call theatres to see if there is someway I don't have to stand for long periods of time. Problem is my medical issue isn't visible so maybe letter from doctor to verify?

Down to One
 May 16 2019, 03:57:13 PM

I wonder if Andrew will play all shows. Went to see him in London - his understudy went on. Came home and bought 1st row center seat to Boston opening night - tour cancelled. I LOVED being in the front row. It was so much fun !

The Band's Visit RUSH
 Mar 6 2019, 11:46:08 AM
Got to BO about 11:15. 2 people ahead of us wanting future. We got 3 Front Mezzanine E 14, 16. and 18. $40 ea for today’s matinee

Awaited returns of actors
 Feb 27 2019, 03:31:10 PM

Ian McKellen did King Lear in London July 11 - Nov 3rd 2018. Really just a couple of months ago. He was magnificent. Feel so lucky to have seen him. He was so physical in the role you wouldn't believe he is 79.

He did miss one show. Tripped getting on train to theatre and messed up his thigh a bit. Dr's told him he could not do matinee that day. So he came out on stage as everyone was waiting for refunds and spoke to them for over an hour. I've heard he was wonderful. T

To Kill A Mockingbird Rush
 Feb 17 2019, 01:19:04 PM
Today I got to BO around 9:30 am. 21st in line. By time BO opened the line had prob 50 on it.

A few before me all seats were gone and it was SRO, which is what I wanted. I ask if they had any in center so I could see over ledge. I got 112. They said no problem seeing there. Very excited to see!!! $39

New Dear Evan Hansen
 Feb 17 2019, 06:52:22 AM
I’m going to be breaking my bank for tickets but it’s my daughters first Broadway show. I’m seeing OL C1-5 and OL H 1-5 are both available.

Is row C too close and will some things be missed? Would row H five better overall view and still be able too easily see expressions?

I’m on my mobile and can’t get the regular seat view to show

Dear Evan Hansen Rush
 Feb 14 2019, 01:44:58 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it goes

Dear Evan Hansen Rush
 Feb 14 2019, 11:59:07 AM

My 2 daughters and myself want to try for SRO for evening performance Wed Mar 6th. We can't get to BO until about 10:30am.

I'm not really clear on how this works. If the show is not sold out then SRO's won't be sold?

Thank you

Any tips on restrooms and bars at Shubert Org venues?
 Feb 14 2019, 08:32:58 AM
Can’t add anything except I love SeatPlan and use it so much when I’m in London
Recommendations for London trip in March?
 Jan 22 2019, 10:08:44 AM

Branch out from the West End. I saw some wonderful plays at Finborough Theatre (25 seats above a pub), Southwark Playhouse, The Bridge, Menier Chocolate Factory (get their dinner/play deal), and Hampstead Theatre.

Take boat to Greenwich and DLR back. Make sure you walk the Greenwich Foot Tunnel under the Thames between Greenwich and Isle of Dogs and catch the DLR there. If you do, right when you come out of the tunnel you are in a wonderful little riverside park (Island Garde

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
 Jul 21 2018, 07:03:01 PM

Was at matinee today and it was incredible.Bette and David are magic together

Line
 May 6 2018, 10:12:09 PM

Had tickets to another show but just went by this morning to check out line. At 10am there were only 5 people. I was kicking myself so much. I had thought line would be so long that there wouldn't be any use to even try.

Apr 30 2018, 07:20:15 AM

I’ll take the 11:46. It’s a 2:00 show. Can you tell I’m new at this? Thank you for all your help

Apr 29 2018, 08:24:39 PM

There is a train that says it gets into Penn at 12:52 but I think that might be cutting it too close? The next earlier train gets in at 11:46 but, of course, it is twice as much. Sigh.............

Apr 29 2018, 04:59:12 PM

haterobics said: "SherrieByTheSea said: "I'm worried about my seat. Left Orchestra Row E Seat 13. Will I miss much from this?"

That's the opposite side from me. You will probably just miss the bits with the other table, since they are both off to the sides. But the other 98% of the show will be perfect. Being close makes up for it. If I wanted to see both sides, I'd've gone further back or in the mezz, but I rather be close.
"

Thank you. I just don't want to miss any of Charlie Stemp. I saw him in Half a Six-Pence and he is amazing

Apr 29 2018, 04:42:34 PM

haterobics said: "Stage Door Sally said: "Your loss. Ernestina was money!"

I have to lose one side or another, and that side of the stage has less going on than the other. Aside from that one bit of shenanigans with Ernestina, nothing else happens over there.
"

I'm worried about my seat. Left Orchestra Row E Seat 13. Will I miss much from this?

Apr 29 2018, 12:45:27 PM

Stage Door Sally said: "2 hours 40 minutes including one intermission."

Thank you. Trying to figure out trains already

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You