News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThirstyThersites

Member Name: ThirstyThersites
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony winner Denis O'Hare is moving far away
 Aug 9 2018, 10:54:16 AM

He is a multi-millionaire who has the luxury of moving his family to Paris while he flies all over the world shooting, which he'd be doing anyway. Still keeps an apartment in NYC, I might add. 

How do you feel about theatre-goers who rush the same show constantly?
 Jul 16 2018, 11:59:47 AM

I have my own life to be concerned about so I can't say I give it a lot of thought. 

Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
 Jul 9 2018, 12:56:19 PM

Diversity
 Jun 14 2018, 02:09:04 PM

So it's not enough that we're policing who is on the stage, now we have to police who is in the audience? Never change, guys, never change. 

Angels in America - 2nd part only?
 Jun 14 2018, 02:05:46 PM

Just see it. Read or watch part one - watch some clips so you get the aesthetics of this production and what the characters look and sound like and you'll be good. Not worth missing. 

Hearing another show, while at performance in a neighboring theatre?
 Feb 9 2018, 03:14:31 PM

I remember you could hear a loud sound cue from The Perfect Crime from downstairs during The Fantasticks.

Also, in An Iliad they actually wrote in an ambulance sound cue to make it sound like it was coming from the street. 

Has the Phantom of the Opera's set been replaced/refurbished?
 Feb 5 2018, 11:57:42 AM

Lot666 said:

"You took my comment out of context so you could make a b*tchy retort."

Do you just copy and paste this phrase anytime someone points out when you say something stupid? 

Phantom Broadway 30th
 Jan 30 2018, 07:24:33 PM

Lot666 said: "CATSNYrevival said: "That’s a lot of pressure for anyone let alone someone who’s only recently rejoined the show and probably still settling in."

AND for whom English is not his first language.
"

So the reason MOTN got a golf clap on the 24th was because the language barrier somehow short-circuited his ability to hold out a note longer than 5 seconds? Makes you wonder how Opera singers sing in Italian with a

Jan 29 2018, 10:07:29 PM

Phantom4ever said: "Just curious if there is a source for the piano anecdote? I too remember it not working occasionally around 10 or so years ago."

Not really, I was backstage in HS and a cast member told me. 

Jan 29 2018, 09:52:45 PM

I remember about 12 or so years ago the self-playing piano kept malfunctioning but the producers didn't want to pay to replace it. I suppose that speaks to a certain reluctance to do too much set replacement. 

Phantom Broadway 30th?
 Oct 24 2017, 09:32:09 AM

As of about a week ago apparently he wasn't even sure when he's leaving. Something must have changed not sure why. 

Phantom Broadway 30th?
 Sep 28 2017, 09:52:40 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "The talk of JB's past is exhausting and redundant - but I saw him in the show a few weeks ago and was terribly bored by him. I subconsciously focused on Christine and the rest of the company. Excited to hear rumors of a new Phantom coming to town..."

It's happening, a higher up told me new Phantom in Oct. 

Phantom Broadway 30th?
 Sep 28 2017, 03:44:00 PM

There will be a new Phantom come October. I have no hard facts on why but it doesn't sound like it was JB's choosing. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You