News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hottieho13

hottieho13 Profile Photo
Member Name: hottieho13
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tom Hooper directing 'Les Miserables' film
 Mar 29 2011, 12:34:34 PM
No Emmy and No Lea please!

and above all else:NO BEYONCE!!!!! going for diversity would be great and if they do..... I just hope they don't go the dull route

Tom Hooper directing 'Les Miserables' film
 Mar 29 2011, 12:34:23 PM
No Emmy and No Lea please!
Universal Dropping IN THE HEIGHTS Film
 Mar 29 2011, 12:27:49 PM
darn! i wanted this to happen and they were so freaking close to it too!
Re: Unpopular Opinions
 Mar 29 2011, 12:23:32 PM
I hate Glee

I hate Lea Michele and her voice, there's nothing special about it.

I love Rent

I kinda like Love Never Dies and was very dissapointed it didn't get to open in NYC with Ramin Karimloo

and I also don't care about people's spelling online

Stage door ?tiquette
 Jan 18 2011, 12:53:53 PM
not all tourists are crazy creeps at the stage door!i remember seeing wicked in SF and we waited outside to See Eden and some other Tourist were present as well and they were very gracious and sweet to her and didn't go all Bat**** crazy either.but what that lady said to Kelsey was just nasty.then there was this time Rent was in sacramento and Anthony Rapp came out the stage door way and signed autographs and he looked so miserable and annoyed I felt bad when he signed my playbill.i think actors
Sondheim book
 Jan 18 2011, 12:39:59 PM
How is this thread still alive?
STAGE TUBE: Jennifer Hudson Sings 'I'm Here' at Kennedy Center Honors
 Dec 29 2010, 10:15:50 PM
"Why can't I stop watching?"

once you watch it one time,you just can't stop!lol

chekkyjr is FENCHURCH !
 Dec 29 2010, 09:39:37 PM
"hottieho13 and chekkyjr - It's too bad you knowledge of theatre in this country is limited to Broadway. To me, Broadway is only a part of theatre in the United States; not the center.

I have seen productions of Three Sisters and The Cherry Orchard with African-American actors in major roles.

The last two times, I have seen The Tempest on stage, an African-American woman played Prospero and in the second, the role was played by an African-American man. Both were excellent. <

STAGE TUBE: Jennifer Hudson Sings 'I'm Here' at Kennedy Center Honors
 Dec 29 2010, 08:04:32 PM
Jennifer is just such a beautiful phenomenal performer!her vocals are unmatched!i wouldn't be suprised if she did get the role of Celie!she is the BEST BEST choice ,but i just know fantasia isn't letting it go without a fight,especially with that nauseating show of hers!Fantasia for Real? Really,no.
The Nightmare Before Christmas
 Dec 29 2010, 07:59:28 PM
I always that the Danny Elfman would be great at writing for musical theatre because his music is so theatrical. it would cost massive amounts of money to produce this show probably and with what is going on with spider-man i think investors may be leery of doing anything else big budget for a while.
chekkyjr is FENCHURCH !
 Dec 29 2010, 03:38:24 AM
"Is there a problem here? "

it also would open doors for actors of color because color-blind casting can only take you so far on broadway apparently since many folks here loath it.people say broadway is dying,they say it's an art form that is going extinct in this age of technology, if that is truely the case,then why not pass it on to the younger generation and people from different cultural background and entice them to come and join the fun.

chekkyjr is FENCHURCH !
 Dec 29 2010, 03:28:31 AM
"Why does it matter if Sondheim did write musicals with African-Americans in the cast? Did Jerry Herman, Bock and Harnick?

Should I complain that August Wilson has white characters in only three of his 10 plays?

I don't why it is important that no Lynn Nottage play has been done on Broadway. Broadway is no the be all or end all. Ruined had a successful run Off-Broadway, it won the Pulitzer and the show is being done all over the country. Is there a problem here? "

we

chekkyjr is FENCHURCH !
 Dec 29 2010, 02:19:18 AM
"Bway theater lags behind every other contemporary American art form in its continued and relentless segregation of black from white, and in its near complete lack of interest in back people."

oh chekky please! broadway has been way more progressive in race relations than film ever has been, don't give me that bull!there are more actors of color on broadway now than on television right now! and don't tell me sqaut about glee!they have more racist stereotypes on this show than any show

chekkyjr is FENCHURCH !
 Dec 29 2010, 12:19:45 AM
"Obviously, as an influential ethnic group people of Asian decent aren't nearly as major as African-Americans in American history or culture, but they are still extremely prominent in this nation's history."

exactly!!!i wondered that too!all we have is flower drum song and pacific overture's! it would be so cool if they made a musical about an Afro-Asian woman at the turn of the 21st century!they don't even have a magazine for women like essence and latina but that's a whole different t

chekkyjr is FENCHURCH !
 Dec 28 2010, 11:56:17 PM
"And I mean, come on, dude, and dudes, and everyone in general: If you were a black performer, who could act and sing and dance, from 1957 to 1980, would it not have struck you at some point that Sondheim musicals weren't much interested in casting black people? I think we have established that Tonya Pinkins, who had a small part in MERRILY, was the first black performer cast in a Sondheim show. And the question of what constitutes a "black character" or a "white character" is a complicated ques
WOMEN ON THE VERGE to End Run Early - January 2, 2011
 Dec 28 2010, 11:42:45 PM
"If you want a bootleg get it the usual way."

isn't youtube the usual way get a bootleg?

Dec 28 2010, 11:32:21 PM
'Yeah actually it is. People who put them on YouTube should be shot in the crotch."

ouch! that would hurt! i mean,post it when the show closes!why should new yorkers have all the fun?

Dec 28 2010, 11:20:12 PM
"can they revive it with a better book,score and a little casting change in the future?"

"Corine, is that you? "

Who dat?

is it too much to hope that someone bootlegs the performance and put it on you tube?

Sondheim's book is ... Sondheim's book
 Dec 28 2010, 07:07:46 PM
i was just being melodramatic but i'm still gonna get it!
 Dec 28 2010, 06:56:05 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOO! this makes me sad.i wish this musical had a chance.can they revive it with a better book,score and a little casting change in the future?i guess this means no cast album.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You