News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jakebloke

jakebloke Profile Photo
Member Name: jakebloke
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.jakemarsden.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 06:37:32 PM

TBFL said: "I loved Amy Lennox's Sally. I get why the Olivier Awards performance was polarising, but it was still thrilling, even more so in the actual performamce.

Does Sally still use a hand held mic in some songs? That still baffles me...
"

She does.  I was legitimately wondering if her mic went out.  But I think the emcee also used it at times.  I don’t really get it if someone would care to explain.  

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 03:56:52 PM

gibsons2 said: "Are there actual Playbills given to the audience?"

Yes.  There are actual playbills.  They say Kit Kat Club.  

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 01:57:30 PM

I was there last night and thought Gayle Rankin was the strongest in the cast.  She’s gritty yet vulnerable.  I really enjoyed her performance.   Unfortunately she was paired with the weakest member of the cast Ato Blankson-Wood as Cliff. Their pairing just didn’t work for me.  
Other thoughts:  while I enjoyed this production, it does not have the same emotional impact the Sam Mendes/Rob Marshall production had for me….especiall

HARMONY previews  Oct 23 2023, 08:40:10 PM

I won the lottery and seats were left orchestra row K seats 9 & 11.  Great view.  

when the show started, I thought to myself ‘oh boy, this may have been a mistake’ but I ended up really enjoying it and really moved in the 2nd act.  Plus now I have a little crush on Danny Kornfeld.  :)

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Oct 7 2023, 07:39:05 AM

I sat in FF 208 and on the whole it was great.  There are a few things that happen at the back of the stage which I missed…..mostly in the first act.  But for $40 I can’t complain given the prices of more central sets.  The HH 101 102 seats will have a better view I think.

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Oct 6 2023, 07:00:25 AM

I was able to get a rush ticket for last night.  I didn’t know anything plot wise going in and I have to say I really enjoyed it.  Great cast.  There is a lot to unpack and I find myself thinking about it and so feel like it warrants a 2nd viewing.  
last night, there wasn’t any singing during the finale.  

also there were still rush tickets available at 3:30 pm so maybe they did release more tickets?

RIP Dame Edna  Apr 22 2023, 10:29:57 AM

RIP.  I have never laughed as much in the theater as I did seeing Dame Edna live.  A truly great comedic genius in my opinion.  

SOME LIKE IT HOT - $65 “Advanced Rush”  Dec 16 2022, 06:26:38 AM

Where was your TDF seat?  I almost purchased, but feared I’d be in the rear mezz and I really hate that enclosed feeling.  

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 10:22:49 PM

So far, Paradise Square is the only performance that has made me want to buy a ticket.

TAKE ME OUT Will Start Previews March, 2021  Mar 6 2022, 10:52:46 AM

I could be mistaken, but I thought there was a lottery or rush through TodayTix.  I guess there still could be, but it no longer shows it on the app.  

Jagged Little Pill Lottery Seats  Nov 20 2021, 11:26:14 AM

I was in the front row on the right side first 2 seats on the aisle.  

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?  Nov 19 2021, 05:37:04 PM

I won the Assassins lottery last week, but missed the 30 minute window by about 10 minutes…..

CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews  Nov 11 2021, 03:20:59 PM

I figured I’d just try my luck with the lottery if I am going to see this.  Well I won the lottery for tonight, but didn’t see the notification until it was too late.  I was 10 minutes too late.  Just fyi they only give you 30 minutes to claim.  

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?  Oct 27 2021, 07:08:15 AM
Won Jagged Little Pill on my first try for last Saturday matinee. Front row on the side.
Central Park on Apple TV  May 31 2020, 09:03:40 PM
And her sibling is voiced by Titus burgess. Can’t we just celebrate that this cast as very diverse? I guess it’s also ‘problematic’ that 2 of the female characters are voiced by males. I find that funny and entertaining. I just don’t think this is a show we need to judge the casting
LaChiusa's Wild Party 20 Years Later  Apr 14 2020, 11:04:02 PM
20 years ago. Wow. It was right before I moved to NYC.....a lifetime ago when I actually stagedoored. Toni Collette was absolutely lovely... Eartha Kitt was a total bitch. She was so nasty to people waiting. While It was a phenomenal cast, it was rumored to have its drama backstage supposedly.
Rosie O’Donnell Show  Mar 22 2020, 10:12:16 PM
Ummmm now I feel like I need to see Dear Evan Hansen again!!!
Rosie O’Donnell Show  Mar 22 2020, 10:12:16 PM
Ummmm now I feel like I need to see Dear Evan Hansen again!!!
Bad or odd set designs  Jan 21 2020, 07:19:18 AM
I’ll throw in this recent Oklahoma revival. An essentially bare stage with some tables and crock pots = boring in my opinion.
Box Office Records by Theatre  Dec 31 2019, 06:02:18 PM
I just read an article that stated this revival of West Side Story had the highest box office this last week in the history of its 62 years in various productions. Considering you could get an orchestra ticket to WSS in 1957 for around $8, to make that comparison is completely pointless and almost insulting.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You