News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Keelay

Keelay Profile Photo
Member Name: Keelay
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chicagoians...who is seeing the first preview of ADDAMS FAMILY tonight?  Nov 14 2009, 05:53:35 PM
To anyone who saw the show...

I read somewhere at some point (probably on our unreliable friend wikipedia) that the rights to the classic Addams Family Theme Song had been acquired by this production.

Did they use this theme at all in the production?

re: Lea Michele as Elphaba  Aug 23 2008, 01:03:54 AM
Simply meant she's got the star power for a role like Elphaba, but she's more suited character wise for Nessarose.

So sorry - should have been more specific.

All I was trying to say was that I don't know if its a perfect fit for her. I can see her in Nessarose pretty perfectly. I do think she does have far better things to do than that as well.

re: Lea Michele as Elphaba  Aug 22 2008, 07:53:02 PM
Granted Lea Michele is probably considered too popular to take the role -

I definitely see her as more of a Nessarose than an Elphaba.

Maybe that's just me, but I see the younger and innocent quality coming out of Lea. She would sit nicely against the more mature yet gawky characterization Elphaba tends to have.

re: MOVIE ELPHABAS AND GLINDAS????  Jul 20 2008, 08:25:11 PM
Assuming this movie won't get made for years still...

Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale.

And while we're at it, lets throw Zac Efron in as Fiyero.

Oy, this is painful...

re: Fergie Joins Cast of Nine Film...  Jul 20 2008, 10:42:50 AM
In terms of Saraghina, I was just taking note of the original Fellini film, 8 1/2.

I mean, if they're looking to hire a big name pop star...this makes complete sense to me. Yes? No? Anyone?

Seemed just the slightest bit uncanny to me and I couldn't resist.

re: mamma movie recording?  Feb 11 2008, 01:56:49 AM
Of course. It'll bring in more money. There's an all-star cast to record it. People expect one.

Look at Rent. We pretty much already had that soundtrack, aside from some cuts and the addition of two new actresses, but it still happened.

Also, I think they're adding in an ABBA song that's not already in the show, specifically for the film.

re: Broadway Trio  Jan 27 2008, 08:24:56 PM
'Together, Wherever We Go' from GYPSY
re: Stae Fair: Original Cast Recording  Jan 12 2008, 11:46:07 AM
McArdle and Wright play siblings.

They both go to the state fair and fall in love with far more mature people.

McArdle with Wise who plays a news reporter. Wright with Donna McKennie who plays a singer/entertainer.

re: Enchanted  Nov 26 2007, 01:41:24 AM
I highly doubt a live production of this would ever exsist.

The whole concept of the film rests on the fact that it's mocking films through both film mediums - animated and live action. The transformation of animated characters in the streets of New York is virtually impossible on stage.

Its like many stage shows - they should simply remain on stage. Rent and Producers being prime examples.

This one should stay on film. It's perfectly adorable as is.

re: Encores! NO, NO NANETTE additional casting  Nov 17 2007, 01:14:17 PM
Sounds amazing! I love this show given the type of show it is and when it was originally produced.

All the women cast seem more than appropriate for their parts and very promising!

Who'd have guessed Fred Willard?! Love the idea.

And who's playing Billy Early?!

re: Songs About Fashion?  Nov 16 2007, 05:18:14 PM
Life With Harold - The Full Monty

"I really love that man
He likes me dressed to the nines
I say two words and then ta-da
There's me completely in Prada
And I've got the boots that go with the belt
That goes with the bag
That goes with my wonderful life with Harold
You gotta love that man"

re: Musicals with many female lead roles and a strong ensemble  Oct 22 2007, 10:31:07 AM
Chicago is very female based. The main leads are female with a whole mess of murderesses. The men, minus Billy and Amos, can be few, if need be.
re: Movies that could be Broadway musicals  Jul 16 2007, 01:27:21 AM
Anastacia.
re: Grease - 1996 National Tour  Feb 3 2007, 10:40:43 PM
Deborah Gibson played Rizzo until sometime in March. I'm not sure who replaced her.

http://deborah-gibson.net/theater.shtml

I also know that at some point between '95 and '96, Sutton Foster was playing Sandy.

Hope that helps.

re: Songs That Have Made You Cry?  Apr 13 2006, 12:50:12 AM
This is embarrasing...

The Elephant Bird portion of Seussical. Even on record it gets to me. "I have wings, yes, I can fly, you teach him earth and I will teach him sky." Yeah...Sh!

re: Rivera Or Williams? SPIDER WOMAN Vocals.  Mar 1 2006, 01:15:55 AM
I was first exposed to the Vanessa Williams copy many years ago and became so wrapped up in it, I went out and bought the Chita Rivera version also. I think I maybe partially biased to the Williams version simply because it was the first thing I heard and it had quite an impact on me.

After being proposed this question and evaluating though, I honestly don't think I can pick one over the other. Chita Rivera is a legend for many reasons and I do believe this CD showcases what makes h

SHERRY BABY.......OH WHAT A NIGHT DANIEL BABY!  Jan 26 2006, 12:00:42 AM
Probably...

'Three Bedroom House' or 'Comfort and Joy' from BAT BOY
'I Speak Six Languages' from SPELLING BEE

re: Flashbacks  Jan 15 2006, 06:22:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that the original version or any subsequent production of ANNIE GET YOUR GUN were not told in Flashback, but pretty sure Buffalo Bill introduced the newest revival in a sort of flashback fashion.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You