News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cages or Wings

Cages or Wings Profile Photo
Member Name: Cages or Wings
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING
 Nov 26 2007, 01:52:21 AM
Yeah there was another moment where everyone broke. Ian McShane laughed so hard that he cried. It was in the second act. The scene where they plan for Ruth to stay with them. And happened right after Ruth came out and sat down. I can't remember the specific line, but that was the scene where they all lost it i think.
re: Apologies to Rodgers and Hammerstein (strike parody)
 Nov 16 2007, 02:38:13 AM
Wow. Didn't think I'd ever say this, but brilliant Hunter. Brilliant.
re: Bare: The Complete Studio Recording (With Review!)
 Nov 16 2007, 02:34:23 AM
Just because they look a certain way while singing doesn't mean it comes across on the album. And just because they are emoting, doesn't mean it's the right emotion. Listen to almost every acted line. It's so awkward. The dialogue is terrible on the CD. The singing feels just as bad at points, though I think a lot of times the lyrics are too blame. They may be acting, but that doesn't make it good acting. (there are of course exceptions)

To me the ATA version is still the definitiv

Nov 12 2007, 03:38:02 PM
Hey I got my email at 1 am on a Sunday. If they sent it today, you could get an email at, literally, any time.

re: Bare: The Complete Studio Recording
 Nov 12 2007, 03:29:44 PM
Just wanted to add another example I forgot: "Ever After." It was a simple beautiful song (and in fairness it still is), but what was wrong with "When did we lose ever after?" Now it's "So much for our ever after." Now I feel like that does not improve the lyric in the slightest. In fact, I feel like it's far more emotional when Peter is on the verge of tears asking it as a question. That is how so many of the changes feel. Unnecessary and detrimental.
 Nov 12 2007, 03:05:43 PM
Let me start by saying that I love "bare." It is one of my favorite shows, and I feel like it never really got the shot that it deserved. So clearly I've been eagerly anticipating this album. The verdict...

Wow am I disappointed. There are certainly a few parts of the score that have been improved (the rap, some of the new incedentals between songs, The new lyrics in the song "Bare," and the new arrangement of "God Don't Make Trash" for instance ), but I dislike almost eve

Nov 12 2007, 10:13:02 AM
You'll get it in the next day or two I'm sure. The turn around is really quick.
re: Young Frankenstein or Sunday in the Park with George?
 Nov 12 2007, 10:00:00 AM
Sunday in the Park with George on every single level. Even a bad production of the show would be better than YF, and this production is supposed to be anything but bad.
 Nov 12 2007, 09:49:23 AM
I just got mine. Damon did a great job with this. And talk about mom and pop, he shipped it himself. I have a great deal of respect for the man.

Here's a picture. I didn't feel like editing it, and my Mac cam takes mirrored pics. But still.

Nov 12 2007, 12:12:19 AM
They sent it through FedEx.

Also why is there no mail tomorrow?

Nov 11 2007, 11:32:46 PM
Just thought I'd add (I know i can edit, but that wouldn't bump the thread and you'll all be interested in this I think) that I received my tracking information. The package shipped from California yesterday, and is due to arrive at my apartment in NYC around 10:30 a.m. on Monday (11/12). So at least they are expediting the shipping at no cost.
 Nov 11 2007, 08:24:26 PM
I ordered mine the second it became available, as did many, I'm sure. I have a feeling you will probably be receiving notification shortly (tomorrow most likely).
 Nov 11 2007, 03:22:20 PM
"Dear ****,

Your order for the "bare" album has shipped from Los Angeles, CA. Please email us if you need tracking information.

Thanks for your order and patience

Daniel - bare Customer Service
barecustserv@gmail.com"

And it came at 1 in the morning. I assume it shipped yesterday.

Nov 11 2007, 03:12:04 PM
I just got my shipping confirmation. I thought some people would be interested in hearing they are now being shipped.
re: SPEECH & DEBATE SOLD OUT IT'S EXTENDED RUN
 Nov 10 2007, 11:42:37 AM
There has been talk of a transfer to another off-broadway house.
re: Who is REALLY affected by the strike? Oh, those POOR tourists!
 Nov 10 2007, 11:42:02 AM
I understand that this strike is for something, but timing wise it probably isn't the best for the stagehands in terms of getting public support. The WGA is receiving almost universal public support, which isn't surprising because they are most clearly being screwed by the new (digital) media distribution model. The Stagehands' issue(s) are not nearly as cut and dry, and when compared to the screwing the WGA is taking, I think a lot of people are going to look down on the union is this case. Jus
re: Pippin Revival, Please?
 Nov 8 2007, 05:56:57 PM
Come out of the shadows to weigh in.

I'm a big proponent of Michael Arden as Pippin. I would love to

I love Billy Porter as The Leading Player, though Darius DeHaas intrigues me too. The Raúl suggestion is interesting, but I can't really picture it. Personally, I've never been a fan of female leading players. I don't like the sexual tension it creates between Pippin and TLP. Not that there is anything wrong with sexual tension, but I just don't like what it brings to their dyn

re: 'Company' Absenses.
 Aug 10 2007, 08:32:14 AM
*heart flutter* Oh Jane Pfitsch. How I loved your Amy.
re: NY Hairspray Screening Disaster
 Jul 16 2007, 11:04:17 PM
Not all evites were invalid. I attended a screening with one tonight in Cleveland, but yes it was primarily for hair salons,and was not New Line run, but rather the company that made the hairspray for the movie had been "allowed" to have them.
re: Let's Refrain From....
 Jun 10 2007, 03:29:16 PM
Alright in fairness to Yankeefan.

The Sopranos is a genius piece of art. It's an epic that's been eight or so years in the making (when you figure in the long breaks that David Chase loves). If you are at all a fan of the show, there is no way it will not take precedent over the middle hour of the Tony Awards, regardless of how much you love theatre. Luckily for me I don't have HBO so that shouldn't be a problem. Just finishing this writing in time will be.

Also

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You