Pippin Revival, Please?

brdlwyr
#1Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/28/07 at 11:24pm

Dear Stephen Schwartz:

Wicked has made you very rich. I personally have spent thousands on tickets.

It is time for a payback to me and many of your fans. Please revamp the show and give us a new recording and a Pippin Broadway revival soon.

Thanks,

Pippin

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#2re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/28/07 at 11:48pm

Not my favorite show at all however:

Barrett Foa would be a good Pippin

A woman needs to be cast as Leading Player

A lot of women come in mind for Catharine and Fastrada..

It could work re: Pippin Revival, Please?

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

colleen_lee
#2re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/28/07 at 11:50pm

I pray for this every night before I go to sleep.

"As I lay me down to sleep,
Lord I pray my soul to keep
If I die before I wake...
Well, I better not die before Pippin is revived or I am going to be one pissed off cookie.

Amen."

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

brdlwyr
#3re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/28/07 at 11:59pm

Hmm, Jonathan Groff as Pippin?

TiffanyLuvsLife Profile Photo
TiffanyLuvsLife
#4re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 12:06am

yes please!!
pippin is love.
(only then other theatres wont be able to do it but a sacrifice id be willing to make!)

<3 tiffany "As actors on this stage, it is our duty each night to reflect and show the audience a good side of humanity in an attempt to inspire." "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will still land among the stars."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 12:19am

only if there's nudity this time around. otherwise I couldn't care less.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#6re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 12:23am

A Pippin revival is long overdue. I've always thought Michael Arden would be an ideal Pippin but I love the idea of Groff in the role.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#7re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 1:26am

Michael Arden should be first on the list.

#8re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 3:21am

Like Sweet Charity I don't see much reason to revive this unless you replicate much fo the Fosse staging... Sorry...

E

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#9re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 3:27am

I've been hoping for one for the longest time. Still think Raul would be an interesting Leading Player and Groff or Arden would be perfect!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Wicked63
#10re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 3:35am

Are you asking to revamp Wicked? already!

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#11re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 7:11am

Without a major overhaul, I'm not sure a revival would work. It's such a period piece in many respects, a product of the 70s culture -- and any revival would wind up either playing it soooooooooooooo seriously or else camping up the retro feel of it.

>> A woman needs to be cast as Leading Player

I just know I'm going to regret asking this, but why?

http://docandraider.com

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#12re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 7:18am

I was asking myself the same question, Sean.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Wicked63
#13re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 7:22am

I agree with you Sean but im so afraid of getting my head bitten off by so many on this site you really have to be carefull what you say.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#14re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:10am

MICHAEL ARDEN AS PIPPIN!!!!
Yessssss.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#15re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:20am

Schwartz has said the only reason to revive it would be if ARDEN did it.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#16re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:23am

I like Schwartz, but that makes me like him even more!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

mortgageguy79 Profile Photo
mortgageguy79
#17re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:35am

How great would that be! Michael Arden as Pippin...I am buying tickets now (in my head).....

Now, here come the daggers at me...Megan Mullaly would be a great Fastrada! (Shields Up!)

I would love to see Tim Curry play Charlegmene!

Ashley Brown would make a lovely Catherine. I could even see Phoebe Strole rockin' as well.

Cheyenne Jackson would be great as Lewis!

Let's throw Tyler Hanes in there too....just for fun and some eye candy re: Pippin Revival, Please?

Jack: For your information, most people who meet me do not know that I am gay. Will: Jack, blind and deaf people know you're gay. Dead people know you're gay. Jack: Grace, when you first met me, did you know I was gay? Grace: My dog knew.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#18re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:37am

Cast Laura Benanti as the soldiers head.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#19re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 10:39am

Michael would be perfect... I didn't get to see the concert and I don't know too much about the show, but I've heard songs and I think Michael would fit perfectly!

::bust a move::

LI Larry Profile Photo
LI Larry
#20re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 11:00am

I was at the Fosse stage door one night when Ben Vereen came out and said he would like to direct a revival of Pippin. I also think Michael Arden would be great as Pippin but Wayne Brady would be great as the leading player.

#21re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 11:19am

I DON'T think the Fosse staging is irreplacable. Get a new director, a new choreographer, a new concept. There's never only one way to do a show successfully.

And while some say the show is dated I don't think so. The basic themes are timeless. I think it would be a huge hit. I'm really surprised no one has done it already.

I know for a while Zach Braff was trying to direct a film verson, so maybe that took the stage rights off the table, but the movie is dead for now.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#22re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 11:32am

Why a woman as the leading player? I have seen this done several times with lousy results.

Also, I was married to the idea of Arden playing Pippin, but love the idea of Groff. He has the face, the look, the hair, the voice. I'd pay to see it.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#23re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 1:10pm

Because I think a solid Leading Player lady would be interesting. It doesn't make much of a difference - but why not?

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

#24re: Pippin Revival, Please?
Posted: 6/29/07 at 1:13pm

Did anybody see the touring Goodspeed production last year? I loved it, it was SOOOO good!

Videos