News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Anna Lan

Member Name: Anna Lan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Come From Away front row
 Nov 13 2018, 05:13:56 PM

I've sat front row. It's a great view. The stage isn't as high as many others, so it's not even a bad sore neck.

Best Opening Number (In Your Opinion) Since 1997?
 Oct 31 2018, 02:15:45 PM

Lion King. I know it's Disney and they're evil, but that's really good. I point all parent friends looking for a show for the family that direction. They're never disappointed. It's the no fail show (it's not like they can book Hamilton and as openers go my jaw was further on the floor for Lion King).

I've seen Frozen eight times. Here's why ... and why you shouldn't judge me
 Aug 25 2018, 05:13:29 AM

I can think of multiple shows I've been to many times for various reasons. Some I just liked enough to keep going over the years. Some young people in my life wanted to see, and I'm a sucker for taking an interested teenager to the theater. One show I don't even much like has been seen many times because guys trying to date me heard I liked musicals and thought they were being nice. It happens.

People Leaving at Intermission
 Nov 19 2017, 12:49:29 PM

I've only left one show at intermission. The lead actress was clearly ill and her voice was wrecked. It obvious she knew things had gone terribly wrong, and was desperately trying to drag through to the finish with as much enthusiasm as she could muster. Whomever made the call to send her on in spite of her health deserves their lashes with a wet noodle. Sadly, I expect it was a financial decision as she was quite famous at the time and the big draw for the show. They'd have had

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
 Nov 15 2017, 09:33:39 PM

My best advice is to decide your price point in advance and stick to it. If tickets hit that point, buy as soon as they start to become scarce. If they never go low enough, at least you know you did your best and didn't get caught up in the heat of the moment wrecking your finances. 

Nov 14 2017, 02:55:28 PM

Edited: I fail. Disregard

Nov 14 2017, 02:35:59 PM

It was down for me on the website, but the app is having no problems now.

Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
 Nov 8 2017, 10:54:43 AM

They probably need their tourism industry to recover just as much as the locals want to see the show. This will be good for Puerto Rico in many ways.

Describe a musical badly
 Nov 1 2017, 04:19:24 PM

Odd British people search for a bush. Not even the naughty kind.

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
 Nov 1 2017, 08:43:45 AM

gypsy101 said: "a six year old having to walk a mile really is terrible, and also dangerous"

I look back on it and boggle that this was considered totally normal at the time. I am aware of everything that could have gone wrong. It didn't. I knew the way, and thought nothing of it at the time. Sometimes friends came home with me and we played until parents got home and made dinner. The world was very different then.

I provide this for context, not beca

Oct 31 2017, 10:29:28 PM

The 80s were different in terms of child rearing. I say this as somebody who grew up then. Kids were allowed to do a lot more things by themselves then than they are now. I walked home from school just under a mile when I was six (over a mile and you got a bus, and I could see the bus stop from my house, but I was inside the circle), let myself in the house and watched afternoon tv until my parents got home. This was normal then as strange as it sounds. Today it's child abuse.
<

Oct 31 2017, 05:37:19 PM

HogansHero said: "This is not simply a barren accusation; you have to marry it with the non-denial. Not to mention that public opinion is not held to the beyond a reasonable doubt standard that would apply if we were sending Frank, err Kevin... to the pokey."

Legal standards are one thing. They depend on timing and how much the people involved are willing to blame victims, speak up, and be dragged for all to see because that's what happens every time. Enough

Oct 31 2017, 04:53:19 PM

SporkGoddess said: "I work with sexual assault survivors and just want to say that Rapp's version of events meets criteria for a traumatic event as we would define it when diagnosing PTSD. It doesn't matter if he got away--the threat was there. I've worked with people who have similar stories where they got away, and often the horror comes from 1. the fact that someone would try to do that in the first place and 2. the "what ifs" that you play over and over agai

Oct 31 2017, 04:09:57 PM

A VPN will solve your problems entirely. There are "free" ones where you can suffer ads, pay ones and your work might have one. Connect and get a new IP address instantly. Very helpful.

ETA: Practically vibrating I'm so excited. Thanks to the awesome people here I go in under 3 hours! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Oct 30 2017, 03:52:46 PM

Also some on Stubhub for Tuesday and Wednesday in the $220-250 range that might be more reasonable price points if you're willing to go that route. 

Oct 30 2017, 02:41:43 PM

CT2NYC said: "When I saw the show from there, I didn’t think to ask for one, but I have heard that they help."

The boosters help to a certain extent. I'm not a huge fan because you have to use more than one to really get much effect. They squish down more than it looks like they will. I find I get more sore with them than without because once you stack more than one it's not the most stable seat in the world. So you're doing more adjusting.

Oct 30 2017, 12:46:05 PM

TheGirlsNY said: "I believe (from what I've read here) that the center section was sold and the sides are still lottery. I can't imagine you miss very much, you may just have to look up a lot."

You won't see the feet of the actors or anything too far back stage. If you have back/neck issues, you will be very sore by the end of the show. I haven't seen this particular show from there, but have in the past. I'd take a couple ibuprofen with you for i

Oct 30 2017, 11:42:17 AM

Did I just read somebody's fictionalized account that assumes the worst possible motives of the victim ever? Gross. Ick. Did not want.

That went way too far, and I hope never to be alone with anybody who thinks that way.

Oct 30 2017, 11:16:40 AM

I found a decent face value orchestra seat for Come From Away seat 5 days out for Wednesday, and snapped it up fast. There were also a couple premium ones open as well. They may not release them as predictably as DEH, but they do release them.

Oct 28 2017, 03:24:07 PM

Given no takers, I returned my spare for Tuesday. Should be back up any time now.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You