pixeltracker

Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019

Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019

lady_luck Profile Photo
lady_luck
#2Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 10:47am

...so when do tickets go on sale?? I would pay an arm and a leg to see Lin play this role again! I saw the OBC but he was out sick the night I saw it. Already looking at flights to PR...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 10:50am

Maybe leave some tickets for the locals, folks. Donate that money to Unidos instead.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Anna Lan
#4Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 10:54am

They probably need their tourism industry to recover just as much as the locals want to see the show. This will be good for Puerto Rico in many ways.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#5Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 10:56am

Hamilton fans looking into booking trips while the island is still devastated is just... peak fandom.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

LizzieCurry
#6Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:00am

Anna Lan said: "They probably need their tourism industry to recover just as much as the localswant to see the show. This will be good for Puerto Rico in many ways."

Let the pretzel-like twisting of justification begin!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#7Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:03am

Yes, the locals want to see Hamilton. It's third on their list of wants, after power and clean water but it still manages to beat shelter.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#8Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:16am

It would be so cool if some of the original cast would return also!

annang
#9Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:20am

LizzieCurry said: "Anna Lan said: "They probably need their tourism industry to recover just as much as the localswant to see the show. This will be good for Puerto Rico in many ways."

Let the pretzel-like twisting of justification begin!
"

So your argument is that people should not travel to Puerto Rico to see a show, starring and produced by someone who has been on the ground doing disaster relief in dialogue with high-level government and nonprofit officials, whose stated purpose is to show that Puerto Rico is back in business, where their chief industry is tourism? Not making an argument right now. Just trying to understand whether I have correctly identified your opinion.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#10Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:26am

are people not allowed to want to see these performances if they don’t live in Puerto Rico??

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#11Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:26am

LizzieCurry said: "Maybe leave some tickets for the locals, folks. Donate that money to Unidos instead."

They should just do a massive scale edu ham, but for the entire city/Island. We all know Jeffrey Seller can afford it. This just seems like a cash grab if he doesn’t do something like this.

Also, is lin still going to perform Hamilton in front of Oscar Rivera Lopez? What happened to that?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LizzieCurry
#12Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:27am

I mean, go see it if you want, but I have visions of it turning into a warped version of spring break.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#13Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:34am

"In the aftermath of Maria we decided to expedite the announcement of the project to send a bold message that Puerto Rico will recover and be back in business, stronger than ever.” - LMM's statement itself seems to be a 'yes, tourism' statement, though?

BwayLB
#14Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:39am

I'm quite happy for Senior Miranda even though I'm in a big majority who has yet to see this epic musical.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:50am

I just hope for the people of Puerto Rico that ticket prices are reasonable.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#16Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 12:01pm

This is set to happen in 2019, and of COURSE we welcome tourism to Puerto Rico. Our economy can't thrive if people decide not to come visit. So while yes, it's wonderful that local people of Puerto Rico will be able to see the show, and no doubt preference will be given to university of Puerto Rico students since that's the venue, of COURSE we welcome people from all over the world to fly to the island, spend money on local businesses and see the show. Lin knows what he's doing. So don't let anyone white guilt shame you into coming to our beautiful island to see a beautiful show. 

LizzieCurry
#17Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 12:05pm

I appreciate what you said, BroadwayChica! Genuinely.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#18Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 1:00pm

Also, Lin could have chosen a giant commercial venue and sold out every night, but instead this will play at the University of Puerto Rico theatre, which is not a commercial venue. Tickets will be very hard to come by, but not overpriced (UPR students usually get in for free). And because it's not a commercial venue, it will make it harder to sell on the secondary market. So, you know. Give him some credit, he knows what he's doing. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#19Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 8:39pm

Can anyone in Puerto Rico actually afford a ticket? Will it be all the original design? Can a college theater handle all that?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#20Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 8:58pm

I applaud the decision and have faith that (for those of us who are) Americans will pull through for our fellow citizens In Puerto Rico.  I also believe that Jeffrey Seller and LMM are not idiots and will price the show appropriately for the region and hopefully use some of their clout to do whatever they can to expedite help to the country.

trpguyy
#21Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 9:06pm

RippedMan said: "Can anyone in Puerto Rico actually afford a ticket? Will it be all the original design? Can a college theater handle all that?"

I don't know about this specific venue, but most college theaters are better equipped than Broadway houses.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#22Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 9:41pm

I am in tears reading this....boriqua pride all over the place....he’s representing 100 percent....he’s doing it for La Patria....THAT’S what’s up!!!

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#23Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 10:56pm

People from the mainland buying tickets is going to come along with hotel bookings and other tourism related expenses. It makes good economic sense.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#24Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/8/17 at 11:18pm

Given that the majority of the population speaks Spanish do we think it will be a Spanish version?

broadwayliz22
#25Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019
Posted: 11/9/17 at 12:11am

Call_me_jorge said: “Also, is lin still going to perform Hamilton in front of Oscar Rivera Lopez? What happened to that?"

i remember reading somewhere that he came to see the show in chicago but lin didn’t perform, he just flew to chicago and took oscar rivera lopez to see the show. 

Videos