News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StefanieBway<3

StefanieBway<3 Profile Photo
Member Name: StefanieBway<3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SWEENEY TODD (2023) Broadway Revival Cast Recording Thread
 Sep 15 2023, 12:25:16 PM

I agree a bit - I think timid is a good description, but I think they did a great job on the recording, across the board. I prefer Bilbao's recording of Green Finch, to her live performance. I also prefer Fisher's performance on the soundtrack (though I had been quite impressed by his live performance). Frankly, I've heard more of the layered nuance of Sweeney songs in this recording than others I've listened to. For instance, the note drop in Kiss Me pt2, the second "kis

Jun 9 2023, 12:45:40 PM

chrishuyen said: "It's weird because it feels like they're just dropping singles whenever they finish mixing each one individually or something, with no build up. Like KPOP had some advance singles but they announced which days each one would be released and had a whole campaign around the release of their full album, but for this it's really just like "oh another one is out now?" I agree that they should at least have a placeholder album on streaming services,

"Kiss Me, Kate" questions from a college student
 Jun 9 2023, 11:21:28 AM

dramamama611 said: "The show obviously has some outdated and sexist themes, but were these being discussed back when the show premiered? Were people aware of the problematic themes present?

They weren't outdated at the time, so what was there to discuss?
"

Came here to say this. There was no awareness that these were problematic at the time. Such was the way of life.

Jun 9 2023, 11:18:47 AM

I completely agree - at this point I'm over it, I don't want any more singles released... I want them to wait for the whole thing. Instead of building anticipation it's creating frustration and making me less excited for the full album. Maybe it's just me, but I am CRAVING listening to it all the way through, and all the skipping around of single tracks... just save them. Release them together, they'll hold more weight.

May 26 2023, 09:52:26 AM

ColorTheHours048 said: "StefanieBway said: "Ashford and Groban sound SUPERB, but I'm still noticing that the ensemble sounds muffled. Regardless, I am beyond excited for the release of the full album. I just wish they'd give a release date!!!"

Thank you! I thought I was crazy. On both “The Ballad” and now “My Friends”, it sounds like the ensemble was cut and pasted into the mix from a lower quality recording. Them coming i

Twizzlers and M & Ms-why dear god?
 May 26 2023, 09:49:10 AM

While I too despise loud and rude theatre patrons that have no regard for the space they are in... I'd consider the possibility that this person may have been pressed for time and needed to eat something, and thats all the theatre had to offer. 

When I saw Sweeney I was on zero sleep, having dealt with a flight cancellation, overnight at the airport, and one direct flight turned into a connection and frantic ride from LGA to Manhattan to make it to the Lunt Fontanne by 1:30pm.

May 26 2023, 09:41:45 AM

Ashford and Groban sound SUPERB, but I'm still noticing that the ensemble sounds muffled. Regardless, I am beyond excited for the release of the full album. I just wish they'd give a release date!!!

May 9 2023, 02:14:05 PM

yes!!! 

May 9 2023, 10:43:10 AM

the ensemble sounds a little muffled to me, which frustrates me, it was crisp and clear in the theatre. but other than that... i'm obsessed. have listened 10 times already.

Script or Libretto of Parade?
 Jan 12 2023, 02:32:14 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 12 2023, 01:46:16 PM

that makes sense for the Libretto - i tried Perusal via MTI but I am not associated with an Organization within their records so that was a deadend. 

Jan 12 2023, 01:11:04 PM

I'm having a difficult time tracking down a copy of the script for Parade, or even the ISBN number. Anyone know where to find it?

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 12 2023, 01:07:56 PM

I'm simply stating that between the two performances I preferred Platt's and frankly, his breathing technique and the nature of his timbre fit the song very well. Reminiscent to me of Bertie Carvel in the Donmar Warehouse production, preference for him or his vibrato aside. And I agree, there are many talented Broadway performers, but we cannot discount that Platt is amongst them, Nepotism or not.

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 12 2023, 10:44:04 AM

I wasn't fortunate enough to see that performance, but even comparing the versions of TINOY from Jeremy Jordan and Ben Platt... Platt's voice was made for that song. Very excited for this revival

Any Luck with Merrily Lottery?
 Dec 21 2022, 06:54:11 PM

so disheartening! i'll enter each day of my trip too, but it sounds like i'll be making another trip in the fall... which is fine by me!!!

Any Luck with Merrily Lottery?
 Dec 20 2022, 12:41:39 PM

Has anyone had any luck with the Merrily lottery? I'm flying in on Thursday and planning to enter the lottery each day of my trip, but I'm just wondering if anyone has won...

Music Man Rush Line.
 Jan 19 2022, 12:56:41 PM

How much did you pay per seat/total?

Cast Recording?
 Jan 19 2022, 12:51:29 PM

Does anyone know if there will be a Cast Recording for Broadway cast? While I enjoy listening to the West End Revival Cast Recording I would really love to hear Katrina's take on Marry Me A Little and Being Alive again... and Matt Doyle's Not Getting Married! 

HELP!!
 Sep 29 2020, 11:24:17 AM

There are some good three person scenes in Barefoot in the Park - with "The Mother", Corie, and Paul. It's a great Neil Simon play, a bit of light hearted comedy.

BWW Board Book/Watch Party? (Leave your ideas!)
 Mar 17 2020, 01:34:25 PM

Love this idea! I totally vote for a SMASH rewatch. Anyone else have Broadway HD? Hoping they'll expand their library in light of current events

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You