News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MoJoyInLights

Member Name: MoJoyInLights
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

how to fill 2 slots
 May 4 2018, 10:03:42 AM

haterobics said: "I'd knock Frozen off the list, and probably Mean Girls, and then anything else you see should be great."

I too would opt out of Frozen. Just pop in the Disney DVD and you're in for a better ride (imho). However, any chances of reconsidering on the Spongebob front? I've never seen a single SBSP episode, knew almost nothing about the characters or the content of the cartoon and LOVED the musical. It was what Broadway should always be: Fun,

Spongebob - Lottery or Rush or discount?
 May 4 2018, 12:24:56 AM
Sorry, I respectfully disagree or, perhaps I’m just really lucky!

Purchased my lottery win tix literally 7 minutes after being notified and we were seated in MEZZ Row A, Sears 12-14! AMAZING seats!

Alas, it does sound like someone scored a really good RUSH deal, so if you can take the chance on RUSH and have the time, that’s the way to go.

We. LOVED. IT. Deserves every Tony nod! Fabulously executed, and this from a girl who has never seen a single SBSP episode. I ju

Spongebob - Lottery or Rush or discount?
 May 3 2018, 04:04:44 PM
Same here! Won for tonight and purchased tix within 10 minutes of finding out, so I’m not sure what to expect. I usually purchase within the first three minutes and get very lucky with terrific ORCH seats (Wicked, Cats, et al.).

I will report back too :)

MoJoy

Frozen Lottery
 May 3 2018, 04:02:39 PM
I can’t speak for balcony, but extreme house right was the poorest seats I’ve ever won in a lottery (and I can only afford Broadway ORCH/MEZZ seats these days on a lottery budget so we’re talking about 10 shows) with extreme view restrictions and poor blocking to boot. I sat ORCHR, Row E, Seats 18-20. I was in seat 20 and I think it skewed my entire show experience.

Good luck choosing and do share your experience as I plan to revisit with my wife from a different seat view!
MoJoy.

Significant Snub of the Year
 May 2 2018, 09:30:45 AM

Yes! Patti Murin is carrying a lot of this show! Too bad she can't split some of that with Kevin Del Aguila who only has 15 minutes or so and should have so much more! Olaf is great too. 

Significant Snub of the Year
 May 2 2018, 09:29:17 AM

I don't find this to have been a snub. I find this to have been accurate. I watched thinking "wow, the stage seems so empty, they just seem to be running around lots of empty space." I'm no expert, but I was not impressed. 

Frozen Lottery
 May 2 2018, 09:26:52 AM

MoJoyInLights said: "I won yesterday for today’s 8PM show. There seemed to be a lot of seats available and rule of thumb is to purchase in the first 5 minutes of learning you have won for the best results. I did see better seat options flying by, as I was delayed a bit waiting on my wife’s reply if she could make it or not, but ended up purchasing ORCHR, Row E, Seats 18 & 20, which are slated as “partial view” seating. When I checked “A View From My

Frozen Lottery
 May 1 2018, 04:10:33 PM
I won yesterday for today’s 8PM show. There seemed to be a lot of seats available and rule of thumb is to purchase in the first 5 minutes of learning you have won for the best results. I did see better seat options flying by, as I was delayed a bit waiting on my wife’s reply if she could make it or not, but ended up purchasing ORCHR, Row E, Seats 18 & 20, which are slated as “partial view” seating. When I checked “A View From My Seat” ORCHL, same row, same seats seemed really decent, so I went f
WAR PAINT - The Original Broadway Cast Recording
 Oct 31 2017, 02:02:08 PM

mamaleh said: "The costumes were gorgeous and attention to period detail meticulous, but I found too many ofthe songs unremarkable, at least on my sole exposure to them in the theater. Also, I could not discern at least half of the lyrics sung by Patti LuPone. That's as good a reason as any to give the songsanother chance when the CD is released."

These were my exact sentiments. I'd give it another listen too though. 

Anastasia Lottery
 Oct 31 2017, 01:43:19 PM

greenifyme2 said: "I have entered this lottery almost every day since previews. I log right on at midnight every night to enter as soon as it opens. This morning I woke up super sick and OF COURSE today I won! What rotten luck!"

Oh no! That stinks. Hope you win again. 

I feel really badly saying this. I did win this lottery TWICE on a weekend that I could not make it because I had forgotten about a neighborhood garage sale I had signed up for. I

War Paint Lottery
 Oct 31 2017, 01:39:59 PM

TheThreadMaster said: "mezz J 18 and 20. Great view. Pay between 3 and 3:05 andyou might just get center orchestra. Happens to me all the time. Unfortunately I hadnt realized until 3:20 this time"

Won tickets last week (for the 3rd time - and finally purchased to attend). Bought our tix at 3:05 on the dot and had Center ORCH Row O, seats 10 and 12. Not bad seats at all, but I had hoped to be closer to the stage to see my broadway goddess Lupone up close and personal.

How Lucky Can You Get?
 Oct 31 2017, 10:36:27 AM

:) No harm, no foul. 

Hooray for marriage equality! I love your theory that it will change the language...my hopes and dreams though is that it changes more than the language...that it changes the hearts of so many hateful people who can't understand love is love is love when between two consenting adults and having nothin to do with them personally.  

Just a heads up...the novel is a FAR CRY from the show lol. In case you hadn't heard. I

How Lucky Can You Get?
 Oct 30 2017, 05:59:32 PM

smidge said: "I tried 5 lotteries on Saturday. Lost them all. So my answer to the thread title: Not Very,
Happy for MoJoy though.
"

Smidge, Don't give up! I don't think anyone should give up. It doesn't cost us a thing to enter! I did win in the first week and then evidently at least one show every week that followed! However, lately, I have entered several shows daily and NOTHING. Not to mention that I take care of my wife's entries and have ente

How Lucky Can You Get?
 Oct 30 2017, 05:23:49 PM

UncleCharlie said: "TodayTix was selling rear orchestra same day tickets to War Paint for $12.50? Must have missed that one."

Ahh, my mistake. I didn't write that very well. I meant the tickets on TodayTix were only $12.50 more than the lottery ticket price we paid. So it was only a savings of about $25, as opposed to all our other savings which ranged from the cost of a full price ticket and more, $89-$125 in savings! 

How Lucky Can You Get?
 Oct 30 2017, 05:19:43 PM

GavestonPS said: "MoJoy's "ALL TIME FAVORITE" musical is Wicked andhe still got some poor woman to marry him.

That, in fact, is my very definition of luck!

(Sorry, MJ,I'm actually quite pleased for you, but you sort of set that one up.)
"

MoJoy is a she (that's me - a lovely lesbian), and I'm not offended by your comment (which I assume you think since you felt the need to apologize in th

How Lucky Can You Get?
 Oct 27 2017, 01:34:16 PM

raddersons said: "There are always a few lotteries that are absurdly easy to win -- The Humans last year comes to mind. Phantom you can win if you enter every day for a couple of weeks. Cats took me a bit of time but I won that one too. Warpaint must be easy these days as well.

And then there's the others...

I've entered the DEH lotto an absurd amount of times -- I think I'm coming up on 100 times. Probably more than the Hamilton lottery, which I gav

ANASTASIA Rush
 Oct 27 2017, 12:50:51 PM

Definitely useful! Thank you for taking the time! 

How Lucky Can You Get?
 Oct 27 2017, 12:45:21 PM

I'm new to posting, been reading the message boards for a couple of months now and find the info helpful. So, please, do tell what kind of link do you mean? I'm not sure what you're aiming at. Broadwaydirect.com is one such site where I enter the lotteries if that's what you mean. 

How Lucky Can You Get?
 Oct 27 2017, 12:26:09 PM

Recently, I came across a website that brought to my attention this not-so-new concept of digital lotteries! It had been about 6 years or so since I had stood on a line to try and win tickets, and did not know of this magical digital lottery that had started about a year or more ago. I started working a job that did not allow time for the in-person lotteries. So learning of digital lottery was mind blowing to say the least! With that said, since September (when I learned of them and

Hello Dolly standing room/rush
 Oct 27 2017, 11:28:37 AM

I'm thinking of trying for SRO on Sunday, October 29th. Hoping that people are too busy with Halloween parties and such! Any recommendation (having snagged you SRO ticket on a weekend day) of what time would be good to show up at the Box? Also, how many other people were there with you? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You